Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?

Go down 
+15
slinger
Ngigo
CliffordLee
waadee
chien
Denmeister
iron eagle
dmateo
Cyp_PGA
Frederick
mizzy
zhenxua
Derek
nientsu
HyBriD
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? Empty
PostSubject: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Right now, Our country is experiencing HOT HOT Summer, 35 to 36deg.

May I know how do you fight the Summer heat if you will play Golf?

I am preparing for our inter club competition and my flight tee time would probably be after lunch.

So I can't fight or choose the time. But have to deal with it
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Water and energy bar. Wet towel?

Don think you can ask God to tune the temp down.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:18 pm

What works for me is to make sure I drink 250ml of liquid every 3 holes, i.e. half a small mineral water bottle, even if i don't feel thirsty at the time. That has a much better effect than waiting until i really feel the heat and drinking a lot of water to quench the thirst.

Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Derek wrote:
What works for me is to make sure I drink 250ml of liquid every 3 holes, i.e. half a small mineral water bottle, even if i don't feel thirsty at the time. That has a much better effect than waiting until i really feel the heat and drinking a lot of water to quench the thirst.

your liquid is beer right? lol!
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Carry a cooler box and load it with ice.
cools your drinks and if you throw in a wet towel, a cool wipe for you when the ice melts.
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Frederick

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:41 pm

I played in JB recently with the same kind of heat. What i did was:

1. Wore really light clothing... bermudas
2. Hydrated myself with 2liters of water (cos 1st hour still not too bad)
3. when into shade whenever i can, trees... buggy...
4. Sunblock on exposed area(it kept me from the "burning" feeling into my skin)

The thing i forgot to bring was my sunglasses which i think it will help.

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:15 pm

try to drink water at least 2L, eat energy bar or banana or pear( every 3-4 hole) . and have 2-4 bottle of electrolizer is just keep you energy up as when you sweat as it's hot and humid in south east asia you will lose more energy . try to keep your energy up from 1st shot to last . this will make you play better . Every time i played in singapore i will have 2 banana , 2 energy bar and 1 pear and 4L of water . If it's is so hot i will get 3 bottle of electrolizer.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:08 pm

play a night golf game..... Smile
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:18 pm

HyBriD wrote:
Right now, Our country is experiencing HOT HOT Summer, 35 to 36deg.

May I know how do you fight the Summer heat if you will play Golf?

I am preparing for our inter club competition and my flight tee time would probably be after lunch.

So I can't fight or choose the time. But have to deal with it

Follow Cameron Highland farmer wrapped up with hat, cover face, sunglass!
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:37 pm

I love to walk as compared to driving around in a buggy. What I always do is use sunscreen at the beginning of every nine. keep hydrated every hole with water. No isotonic drinks for me as I feel that that's too much sugar for a golfer to drink on a regular basis. Got to take care of our body. In this time and age, we are never lacking in sugar, instead we are overdosing! diabetes is just too common.

After the first nine, I would usually take a 10 min break and have some food. Again, I drink water or coconut juice.

Apply sunscreen and them off to the second nine. I love to wear shorts to play, you will be able to see my tan line in my avatar! Haha!
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:34 pm

Denmeister wrote:
I love to walk as compared to driving around in a buggy. What I always do is use sunscreen at the beginning of every nine. keep hydrated every hole with water. No isotonic drinks for me as I feel that that's too much sugar for a golfer to drink on a regular basis. Got to take care of our body. In this time and age, we are never lacking in sugar, instead we are overdosing! diabetes is just too common.

After the first nine, I would usually take a 10 min break and have some food. Again, I drink water or coconut juice.

Apply sunscreen and them off to the second nine. I love to wear shorts to play, you will be able to see my tan line in my avatar! Haha!

you are right. there is too much sugar in our diet.
we only need to top up electrolytes
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Beer
Beer
Beer
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Mizzy,

Your burger pic is just too tempting! I will have to go get myself one of those tomorrow!

Your recommendation to Hand burger was very good! I had two burgers when I was there!
Back to top Go down
waadee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Electolytes u guys are talking is from sports drink or tablets?? Sports drink contain some amount of sugar.

Mayb u guys can list some of the products u guys take to the course. Cos i also suffer from energy drain from the blistering heat.
Back to top Go down
CliffordLee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:29 pm

water parade the night before and hydrate all the way from 1-18
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Guys,

Stay away from 100plus and Isotonic drink during your golf game!

Best is plain water! these 2 make believe drink will cause you more problem later!!

Especially when you go for blood test!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:33 am

iron eagle wrote:
Hi Guys,

Best is plain water! these 2 make believe drink will cause you more problem later!!

Errrr.... What problem in blood tests mate ?? Stretcher
Back to top Go down
Ngigo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:51 am

i put hydration tabs on my water,
many flavor avail, and not contain sugar,

bought it at running store, works well for me..
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:01 pm

hybrid,

actually i wont complain abt t playing golf in the summer heat.....

on the bright side, at least can play golf....

if u have been in spore for the last few mths...

we are having "thunderstorms" not rain, almost every alternate days......

damn sian, when u make time for golf, only to spend morning/afternoon drink kopi n watch the rain pours from the terrace.....

i will take your summer heat any day..... than golf in my wet boxers
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:18 pm

I use to struggle in hot weathers, latter get really painful cramps (once even pull my back and out of action for 5 months), always bring 2L water...but latter bought a cooler water flask (i bought Thermos brand..!) , filled with ice
- bring bottles/cans of water / isotonic drink / soft drink even beer...can choose what you want, pour into flask and instant cold beverage of ur choice.
- drink at least some isotonic drink. drink Water only use to cause cramps for me after but after put in isotonic drink (100 plus) into drinks rotation, no more cramps. Just a small bottle enough liao (1 can also can).

Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Many Many thanks My friends for your generous tips

I deeply appreciate this one.

Have to prepare even Mentally
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:01 pm

iron eagle wrote:
Hi Guys,

#1) May I ask what problem are you speaking off?

Is it sugar level?

I think Pokari Sweet and Pokka Isotonic water is quite okay than Gatorade which is full of artificial flavor & colorings

#2) I have tried just drinking H2O but sad to say, I would experienced muscle cramp when I reach Back 9

Back to top Go down
whitedragon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Teeoff at 2pm..it get cooler as we play so not so shack... Razz
Back to top Go down
Billyow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Billyow

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:18 pm

iron eagle wrote:
Hi Guys,

100plus big no no for me. Coz every time i drink it , it cause my gout to flare up the next day. Plain water is still the best.
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:18 am

nothing beats a cold cold beer on a hot hot day !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?   How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you Beat the "Summer Heat" while playing Golf?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next