Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

golf lessons

Go down 
+12
enwee
hkhamateur
locoBware
jhan18
HitSoft
bellevue18
Tiramisu
samleecy
leroyishere
akhild
tom201296
r3iz
16 posters
AuthorMessage
r3iz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:20 pm

hi all, my wife and I are thinking of taking up golf lessons and I was hoping that some of you can give us some recommendations on who is good and affordable? =) 

I stumbled upon Jason Tan's website and they seemed pretty established. anyone took up lessons from his company before? any reviews?
Back to top Go down
tom201296
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:08 pm

r3iz wrote:
hi all, my wife and I are thinking of taking up golf lessons and I was hoping that some of you can give us some recommendations on who is good and affordable? =) 

I stumbled upon Jason Tan's website and they seemed pretty established. anyone took up lessons from his company before? any reviews?
You will have no regrets for Dianel Chang at +65 9853 3613 at bishan golf range. Me n my wife took lessons with him years back. U may quote Thomas n Cora recommendation.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 11:26 pm

Justin HAN. Trackman will give u a great perspective.
Back to top Go down
r3iz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 11:35 pm

I managed to find Justin Han at Golf Central but I can't seem to find Dianel Chang.. is he doing coaching private?
Back to top Go down
leroyishere
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:40 am

I'm taking lessons from Ronald Heng at Bukit Batok Driving Range. Prices are decent, and I find him to be a good coach. Prices are very reasonable. Onto my 3rd lesson next.

=)
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:33 am

You will have definitely no regrets taking lessons with Justin Han at Seletar Country Club.

http://www.golfcentral.asia/justin-han/

However, if you would like somewhere more central, Bill Fung at Toa Payoh Driving Range or Malek at Bishan Driving Range suits your needs.

Bill Fung is a former SICC Golf Coach with over 40 years of experience. His students like his patient and friendly approach with a sincere interest in improving his student golf. For a private group of 2, it will be $400 per pax.

As for Malek, he is the only SPGA recognised golf teaching professional at Bishan Driving Range. SPGA is the only golf society recognized in Singapore with stringent criteria for entry. Price starting at $180 for group lessons.

Please give Nigel a call at 9698 1755 or email sam@golfcentral.asia for a non-obligatory discussion.
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Yes, Pro Bill is very nice, although my son is not under him, he will very generously share tips with him.
Back to top Go down
bellevue18
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bellevue18

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:42 pm

samleecy wrote:
Bill Fung is a former SICC Golf Coach with over 40 years of experience. His students like his patient and friendly approach with a sincere interest in improving his student golf. For a private group of 2, it will be $400 per pax.

As for Malek, he is the only SPGA recognised golf teaching professional at Bishan Driving Range. SPGA is the only golf society recognized in Singapore with stringent criteria for entry. Price starting at $180 for group lessons.
Hi
Can you clarify - for Bill, $400 per pax is for how many lesson?
Tks
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi Bellevue18,

$400 for 8 x 1 hour lessons. Please feel free to call me at 96981755 for an non-obligatory discussion on your needs.

Do also download the golf lesson cost calculator as a reference.

Best Regards,
Sam
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 pm

How about Phil Brew golf at OCC?
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:02 am

I heard Kun Yang from Phil Brew Academy is a good coach. However, I am not sure if he coaches at NSRCC or OCC. While Phil Brew Golf is not yet a featured golf academy with GolfCentral.Asia, I highly recommend you to download the golf lesson cost calculator and give them a call to find out all costs that you need to incur.

http://www.golfcentral.asia/golf-lesson-calculator/
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:46 am

samleecy wrote:
I heard Kun Yang from Phil Brew Academy is a good coach. However, I am not sure if he coaches at NSRCC or OCC. While Phil Brew Golf is not yet a featured golf academy with GolfCentral.Asia, I highly recommend you to download the golf lesson cost calculator and give them a call to find out all costs that you need to incur.

http://www.golfcentral.asia/golf-lesson-calculator/
Kun Yang will be leaving his position as a coach next Jan as he is pursuing his playing aspirations.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
r3iz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:19 pm

thx guys! A lot of reference materials for my wife and I to consider =) send need to get my wife a set of clubs first tho
Back to top Go down
locoBware
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Still on the subject, any good coach/place to recommend for junior golf? Planning to sign up my 7 yr old son.
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Lawrence at Toa Payoh Driving Range offers junior lessons at $360 for 12 lessons. Do give Nigel a call at 9151 2855 or email nigel@golfcentral.asia to find out more.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:01 pm

There re plenty coaches in sgp. Its wise to call them personally fr further enquiry n info.. Wink
GRians can recommend only.  Very Happy
Bukit Batok - Ronald Heng
TPY - GL Tan
Seletar CC - Justin Han
Champions - Richard Harris
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:40 pm

lol!   Punggol is hkamateur?
Back to top Go down
jkgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:56 pm

I like aiko from vivo golf studio near farrer mrt. It is an indoor studio but focuses on technique over all matters.patient and most importantly effective coaching methods and correction
Back to top Go down
golfnow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Hey there, I'm currently looking around for beginner lessons, preferably in Bt Batok range, if not warren works as well.
Any recommendations?
I heard that Ronald is already retiring, so any other recommendations will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys! =)
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 pm

golfnow wrote:
Hey there, I'm currently looking around for beginner lessons, preferably in Bt Batok range, if not warren works as well.
Any recommendations?
I heard that Ronald is already retiring, so any other recommendations will be appreciated.

If prefer location at B.Batok Driving Range, my recommendation is Fred Yit.
Responsible SPGA coach. I ll send you his contact and you find out more from him. Cheers!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moohaha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 10:35 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
golfnow wrote:
Any recommendations?

If prefer location at B.Batok Driving Range, my recommendation is Fred Yit.
Responsible SPGA coach. I ll send you his contact and you find out more from him. Cheers!Very Happy
Not really retiring I think....I train under him before...very good coach...
Back to top Go down
donego
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 12:07 pm

golfnow wrote:
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance guys!

Can try Raymond @ Bt Batok range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

golf lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf lessons   golf lessons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf lessons
Page 1 of 1