Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long wait is over - BFG CB 003

Go down 
+10
Technospaz
audi
peace2903
asahi
monsterlonester
Turbo
simoner
shimizu.toruk
chien
DGman
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 Empty
PostSubject: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:40 pm

For those who have been waiting, your wait is over.....

Stocks arrived today and more will be gaming these babies soon...

Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 10879814415_650a0f7e25_z

Some notable serial nos......ACR:

308, 318, 338, 336...

with this batch we are set to break the 500 set installation soon (regional and Singapore) and its an important milestone for the fishy sticks.

it shows that it will weather seasonal fad and be rooted as a component product - meaning its performance over what's the latest.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Nice clean look..! 

Congrats Eric. .

Just wondering if anybody had ordered with his name engraved on the space above the logo. .. something like  handsome   

cheers 
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Embarassed  we will volunteer to do it for Technospaz.......Jason? do you want handsome or gorgeous?

it will look good with these ferrules too....

Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 10799162955_e462939e07_z

Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 10799406863_5b63c2aaee_z

DGman
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:42 pm

So tempted to buy another set to keep as spare...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:28 am

shimizu.toruk wrote:
So tempted to buy another set to keep as spare...
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:47 am

DGman wrote:

it will look good with these ferrules too....

Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 10799162955_e462939e07_z

Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 10799406863_5b63c2aaee_z

DGman
Looks so familiar....seen this some where....

Guess must be in my golf bag....hehehe
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:43 am

I think the ferrule is more suitable for the fairer sex ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
monsterlonester
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 pm

How come never see this ferrule when I fitted my set?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:16 pm

This ferrule arrived last week.....its on my hybrids too..... Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:22 pm

Nice! I want also.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:25 am

Similar ferrules on my wife's Maruman set. And she loves them!
Now I know where to get replacemt ferrules for her!
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:23 am

nice ferrule. wonder if bfg jakarta has stock
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:36 am

I picked up my set not too long ago and have already fallen in love with them. I'm not sure about the new bling'd up ferules but the irons are really newbie friendly. They are generally easy to use and quite forgiving. The heads plus the SF shafts are a great combination.

As I mentioned before... why did I wait so long?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:01 am

Technospaz wrote:
I picked up my set not too long ago and have already fallen in love with them. I'm not sure about the new bling'd up ferules but the irons are really newbie friendly. They are generally easy to use and quite forgiving. The heads plus the SF shafts are a great combination.

Fat ass....lazy to move. Maybe that's why. 

Oops! lol!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:28 am

asahi wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Fat ass....lazy to move. Maybe that's why. 

Oops! lol!
Remind me to sit on you and let's see how fast I move then... or not.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:56 pm

monsterlonester wrote:
How come never see this ferrule when I fitted my set?
which shaft did you end up getting?
Back to top Go down
monsterlonester
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:03 am

I not as strong as you. Just using the SF i80 in R
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:53 am

We should get together with Roy and try the differences. His are on KBS Tour 90
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:01 pm

So my own personal wait for the BFG irons has finally ended... I had planned to change irons in 2014, and the BFG irons were on my to-try list for quite a while already.

I seldom do this, partly because of limited time but also never quite know how to go about it, but I am thoroughly impressed by the irons that I thought I should share my 2 cents.

Firstly, DGman was kind enough to loan me two of his own BFG irons over the previous weekend.  That helped (and also accelerated) my buying decision, and I'm sure most of you would agree that having the opportunity to try any club before buying allows you to take the plunge with a whole lot more confidence, or if you didn't like them, to also walk away with confidence that you are making the right decision.

So I took the plunge last week, told DGman I wanted something similar to his setup, and having been fitted by him on several other occasions, I kinda left it to him.  The hardest decision was probably picking the ferrules and the grip, but DGman couldn't convince me to go with his latest "bling-bling" ferrules.

Went off for a short holiday, came back and collected them on Thu. Took them straight to the range and gamed them today.

The irons set up nicely over the ball, with just a reasonable amount of topline.  Not so big that you think you're going to take a huge divot, but not so small that the sweet spot disappears on you.  One word - confidence... even before you hit the ball.

Taking a couple of practice swings, they felt nicely balanced, I think it has slightly heavier swingweight than my previous set.  I'm not particularly strong, so I was also concerned that I don't lose too much distance.  When I collected the irons, I noticed that each club head was individually weighed, and I suppose the head weight gets factored into the fitting process (not sure how) to make sure the final weight is correct.

At the range, with the better swing weight, I found myself being able to confidently "go" for each shot, but not necessarily having to force or crush the ball, but still try to maintain a smooth takeaway.

Distance wise, I probably gained at least half a club.  The balls seemed to come of the face faster than my previous irons.  Didn't balloon too much, nice penetrative flight, and I attribute that to the CB003 heads and SF shafts combi. On the course today, I played the irons against my usual distances and there were probably 3 - 4 holes which I hit decent shots and they were all longer than expected.

I also rate these club heads for forgiveness... off-center hits still came off pretty hot, and even if top, still went fairly straight although lose distance of course. 

I shan't comment too much on the feel of the BFG irons, other than to say that having been through numerous sets of irons my golfing "career"... Callys, 2 sets of mizuno forged and most recently the 710 AP2s, the BFG irons definitely felt softer, but fuller.  Whatever that means, you go figure.  Just like its hard to describe an orgasm, I shan't attempt to describe the feel of the BFG irons.  And just like an orgasm, you won't know until you try for yourself.

I have a habit of holding on to my old clubs for a few months as I transition to new ones, but I'm already prepping to release my old iron set...

So kudos to the BFG team... great product, excellent service.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:49 pm

lennylim wrote:
So my own personal wait for the BFG irons has finally ended... I had planned to change irons in 2014, and the BFG irons were on my to-try list for quite a while already.

I seldom do this, partly because of limited time but also never quite know how to go about it, but I am thoroughly impressed by the irons that I thought I should share my 2 cents.

Firstly, DGman was kind enough to loan me two of his own BFG irons over the previous weekend.  That helped (and also accelerated) my buying decision, and I'm sure most of you would agree that having the opportunity to try any club before buying allows you to take the plunge with a whole lot more confidence, or if you didn't like them, to also walk away with confidence that you are making the right decision.

So I took the plunge last week, told DGman I wanted something similar to his setup, and having been fitted by him on several other occasions, I kinda left it to him.  The hardest decision was probably picking the ferrules and the grip, but DGman couldn't convince me to go with his latest "bling-bling" ferrules.

Went off for a short holiday, came back and collected them on Thu. Took them straight to the range and gamed them today.

The irons set up nicely over the ball, with just a reasonable amount of topline.  Not so big that you think you're going to take a huge divot, but not so small that the sweet spot disappears on you.  One word - confidence... even before you hit the ball.

Taking a couple of practice swings, they felt nicely balanced, I think it has slightly heavier swingweight than my previous set.  I'm not particularly strong, so I was also concerned that I don't lose too much distance.  When I collected the irons, I noticed that each club head was individually weighed, and I suppose the head weight gets factored into the fitting process (not sure how) to make sure the final weight is correct.

At the range, with the better swing weight, I found myself being able to confidently "go" for each shot, but not necessarily having to force or crush the ball, but still try to maintain a smooth takeaway.

Distance wise, I probably gained at least half a club.  The balls seemed to come of the face faster than my previous irons.  Didn't balloon too much, nice penetrative flight, and I attribute that to the CB003 heads and SF shafts combi. On the course today, I played the irons against my usual distances and there were probably 3 - 4 holes which I hit decent shots and they were all longer than expected.

I also rate these club heads for forgiveness... off-center hits still came off pretty hot, and even if top, still went fairly straight although lose distance of course. 

I shan't comment too much on the feel of the BFG irons, other than to say that having been through numerous sets of irons my golfing "career"... Callys, 2 sets of mizuno forged and most recently the 710 AP2s, the BFG irons definitely felt softer, but fuller.  Whatever that means, you go figure.  Just like its hard to describe an orgasm, I shan't attempt to describe the feel of the BFG irons.  And just like an orgasm, you won't know until you try for yourself.

I have a habit of holding on to my old clubs for a few months as I transition to new ones, but I'm already prepping to release my old iron set...

So kudos to the BFG team... great product, excellent service.
Well written, bro. Welcome to the club (now that I can say that) Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 5:57 pm

Lenny...we are wet liao.....

Thank you for your confidence and support of our product.

DGman
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Where is the like button for Lenny post?
100%. agree so much so that today I got another set as a 'backup' from a forumer.. 

My worst nightmare: my fish sticks get stolen n no stock at BFG..
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:43 pm

For those who have been waiting for the fishy sticks.....you will be happy to know that they have just arrived.....

DGman
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi Eric, so I can drop by tomorrow afternoon?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:50 pm

yes please.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long wait is over - BFG CB 003   Long wait is over - BFG CB 003 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long wait is over - BFG CB 003
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next