Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my first session with golfsense on glove tracker

Go down 
+6
Derek
asahi
Turbo
junhao.ong
willytan
akhild
10 posters
AuthorMessage
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

my first session with golfsense on glove tracker Empty
PostSubject: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:01 am

my first session with golfsense on glove tracker Img-2011

Amazed by this little thing. I knew my swing speed n plane r off. But didnt know my tempo is right n hands r ok too..

Any tips on swing speed? How to raise it wout extending backswing?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:55 am

Where did u take the test, pls share.
Back to top Go down
junhao.ong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
junhao.ong

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:29 am

it looks like a device attached to your glove while you swing..  and calculates.. something like a smaller trackman?

More info in the link.. zepp.com/golfsense/

but, 1 question.. Do i have to hit balls to register the swing details? Or I can jus swing and the information will be captured?
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:11 pm

junhao.ong wrote:
it looks like a device attached to your glove while you swing..  and calculates.. something like a smaller trackman?

More info in the link.. zepp.com/golfsense/

but, 1 question.. Do i have to hit balls to register the swing details? Or I can jus swing and the information will be captured?
Willy, I bought the golf sense. The data is from the range hits. Bought at golf house.

Junhao, it takes ur practice swing also.. u can 'mute' the app during practice swing if u want.

The only 2 pieces missing are the contact point analysis and ball tracking.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:36 pm

No ball speed, launch angle, etc. available ...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:38 pm

More stats like what turbo mentioned would be nice.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Turbo wrote:
I guess those need ball cameras? 
All in all it will never replace trackman or such. But a good toy for the 100 odd bucks..
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Well guys. having full stats is always the best option .... however ...

A launch monitor is expensive, not everyone can afford one.  Having a house big enough to spare a room just for this is even more expensive in Singapore, even less people can afford that

Eric is kind enough to let us drop by the Den and use his launch monitor without charging.  So basically you are getting access to a LM for free, that is also not a usual scenario.

For most people, it is a case of compromise, what they can afford, how accessible is it vs the quality of the information.

In theory, as long the calculations are not flawed, knowing the position and orientation of a marker attached to your glove, combined with the length of the club. will enable everything listed above to be calculated accurately.

The swing score is obviously marketing and has no relevance to the actual quality of the swing or the ball striking.  However, because it is comparing against what is a "standard" it also is measuring what the actual plane angle is.  The actual number is probably more useful but only if you have a trained golf professional who is able to relate that to the quality of the contact and direction, what you are currently doing with your body and what you SHOULD be doing.

This tool can be helpful in assessing if you are doing the drills prescribe by your coach properly.  For example, if your coach is trying to get you to come in on a more shallow plane, and has given you some drills, when performing those drills, you should see a difference in the numbers.

Another way it could be useful would be to note the numbers when you are swinging with no golf ball vs when you have a ball in front of you.  Could be interesting and shed some light on why so many golfers have practice swings which are nicer than actual swings

My personal opinion is that using a device like this and the relevant numbers to help make your practice more effective is always a good thing.  It is preferable to blindly mucking around using trial and error.  However, the actual ball contact cannot be recorded with this, so you will have to relate your good hits to whatever numbers are generating those good hits.  It is entirely possible to train until you get great numbers on this device and a 100% swing score but have the golf ball go all over the place because of inconsistent contact.

In any case, it does sound like fun ... how much did it cost?
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:43 pm

agreed w/ Derek

those devices can only help us if you know how to use them

i belive it is not in a super accuracy but more to know where you stand and what you want
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:56 pm

akhild wrote:
Turbo wrote:
I guess those need ball cameras? 
All in all it will never replace trackman or such. But a good toy for the 100 odd bucks..
The other day whilst I was at OCC range, I saw a couple of blokes using a device that mounted on the club shaft ... Like those used by Mizuno ... Everytime they swung the clubs, the data were captured on their Ipad ... Not sure what data were being computed ... Cool device ... Cool
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 1:54 am

yes i saw couple of them on internet like swingbyte etc
Back to top Go down
Shellman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:16 pm

MyGolfSpy did a very detail review on some of the swing analyzers available in the market. http://www.mygolfspy.com/skypro-swing-analyzer-trainer-review/
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Shellman wrote:
MyGolfSpy did a very detail review on some of the swing analyzers available in the market. http://www.mygolfspy.com/skypro-swing-analyzer-trainer-review/
Yup, this is what i read before buying. Seemed to offer the best cost to features ratio.. and work with android..
Got it for $169 from olf house. Available on amazon for 90 odd USD + shipping.. But supporting local shops was my idea.
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:57 pm

akhild wrote:
my first session with golfsense on glove tracker Img-2011

Amazed by this little thing. I knew my swing speed n plane r off. But didnt know my tempo is right n hands r ok too..

Any tips on swing speed? How to raise it wout extending backswing?
May I ask, how are these numbers compared to the numbers you generate on the trackman or flightscope?

Good share, at least having some numbers to track one's progress and development of the swing would be helpful in some way.
Back to top Go down
doink24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Deciding between golfsense or swingtip. Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:20 pm

i got myself a swingbyte 2 =))
now i have to learn how to read the numbers Smile

any good read ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my first session with golfsense on glove tracker   my first session with golfsense on glove tracker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my first session with golfsense on glove tracker
Page 1 of 1