Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)

Go down 
+2
pocketace
renode
6 posters
AuthorMessage
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) Empty
PostSubject: Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)   Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:06 am

Got back from a short trip to Beijing which includes 2 rounds of golf. Saw some tips from the other thread about the golfing scene in Beijing and decided to try out. (I brought my clubs along and checked in using soft travel cover. No damage to the clubs.)

Before the trip, I was searching for the courses in Beijing to try out and there was many to choose from. I really wanted to go golf at Pine Valley (which hosted the recent Reignwood LPGA event), but it was really too far from my hotel. In the end, I chose Orient TianXing golf course and HuaTang International golf course and will review and post some photos here.

=======================================================================

Beijing Orient TianXing Golf Course

This course is situated north of main city/CBD area (where my hotel is located) and it is considered to be just outside the city fringe. Even so, the cab ride cost me 90 RMB and took close to 40 mins, but mainly because of the morning traffic jam. One tip - If possible, try to set off earlier eg. 7am, to beat the morning traffic and there is also lesser people at the course as well.

Green fees was ex - paid 1080 RMB for a round which include caddy fees (weekend rate). Walking course, but carts are available for rental. Practice area is located outside of club, but they can arrange a buggy to fetch you to and fro from the club.

Course is split up into 2 distinct setting - 1st 9 holes more of mature forest-themed layout while 2nd 9 holes has water hazard at almost every hole. 1st 9 is more challenging with some long dog-legged holes and some tediously-up slope holes. 2nd 9 is more straightforward - just avoid the water hazards, and more scenic in my view (maybe cos of the surrounding water). Course condition is ok. In my opinion, this course is fair but not that fantastic Will recommend it if you do not mind the green fees.

Hole 2:
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) K1w9

Hole 9:
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) Oy6i

Hole 18:
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) Wesz

Par 3:
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) Ygvv

View of water layout:
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) Iw8

Last edited by renode on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)   Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:35 am

HuaTang International Golf Course

This golf course is situated at the east of Beijing and is located at the border between Beijing and Hubei. Taxi ride took me 45 mins and 160 RMB because of highway tolls and is slightly further than the Orient TianXing golf course in terms of distance.

First impression when I reach the golf club was the mansion-like club house. It reminds me of the 60s/70s Shanghai mansion but with modern facilities. Club staff were very polite and welcoming, in fact, they gave me a discount in green fees after learning I came all the way from Singapore. Paid 890 RMB for green fees which include caddy. It is also a walking course with the option of renting a cart. I chose walking, simply because not much opportunity to play walking course. There is also a practice area and the staff will drive you in a buggy to the range and short game facilities.

This is a mature golf course which held several competitions in the past (can't remember the details). Course is kept at good condition and green speed was quite high. Noticed that they used a different type of grass for the fairway and rough as compared to here and it was damn difficult to hit out of the rough. The length of rough will cause the club to twist and slow down, making approach shot much more difficult. Accuracy off the tee will be a premium here and course is not overly long. Some holes require you to think where to land, where to attack and not so straightforward. Overall, I tend to favour this course more than Orient TianXing and will definitely recommend this course for others to try out.

Hole 1 - Difficult Par 5
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) 71us

Hole 3 - Green
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) Nqvq

Hole 8 - Long Par 5
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) Myev

Hole 9 - Tee
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) Lt9i

Hole 9 - Green
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) S6kq

Hole 14 - Tee (approach needs to hit in the gap between the 2 trees)
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) 9u2w

Hole 16 - Tee
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) 6yk5

Hole 18 - Approach
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) Uyyw

Hole 18 - Green
Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) Cpok
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)   Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:37 am

great review and lovely pics
thanks for sharing, bro
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)   Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:01 am

Orient Club Manager Michael Ong is no longer there ? He is a Singaporean and usually give us a discount. Another options is to contact Manager of Landmark Beijing hotel Jeffery. He is the Captain for Singapore Beijing Golf.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)   Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:43 am

Great sharing!

Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)   Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:02 am

Thanks for sharing, renode ... You golfed alone?
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)   Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:34 am

thanx for sharing!!!!
I remember there was a website to book golf courses in China which offer very good rates.. once I can find I will post.

Cheers
Neo
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)   Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 pm

No problem guys, just thought of contributing to the forum and increasing our golf courses database. Hope others will find it useful if they want to go and have a round of golf there..

@Turbo - Yup I golfed alone, but the club paired me up with some other Chinese / Korean golfers.. Not strict on handicap, actually they didn't ask at all. The Koreans I played with at Orient TianXing looked like they pick up the game recently..

@Angchug - nope didn't meet any Singaporean club manager at Orient TianXing, just saw some lovely ladies at the reception haha..

@dunlookback - some of the websites that offer booking in advance require money to be remitted to their account, I wasn't comfortable with that so just called up the club to ask for discount haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)   Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beijing Golf Trip Review (Orient TianXing & HuaTang)
Page 1 of 1