Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Singapore golf courses

Go down 
+2
chien
tourgleek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tourgleek
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Singapore golf courses Empty
PostSubject: Singapore golf courses   Singapore golf courses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Help!

I'm a new resident of Singapore who was a low single digit hdcp. before moving here.  Trying desperately to find the following: (I well understand i'm going to pay a bunch of $'s for it....)

1. best conditioned and fastest greens in Singapore (9 or above on the stimp anyone?)
2. a private club where I can get access and play on the weekend
3. a way of avoiding the lottery systems these clubs use (or a club that allows on-line weekend bookings)
4. a place you can walk, with or without caddies, on weekends preferably, but other times if needed
5. a place my young son (9 yrs old) can accompany me (off hours I assume)
6. best short game facilities and practice areas

Tall order,..... I understand.  I rate courses for a national publication in the US and internationally,  and am pretty frustrated already with the ability to get the real story from the courses themselves.  Don't care about pool, tennis, facilities, etc.

As the leading golf forum around I would appreciate your very candid feedback.  Want to make a decision in the next few weeks.  Thanks very much for your honest opinions.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Singapore golf courses   Singapore golf courses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi tourgleek

Are you looking to buy a club membership or just pay and play?

Makes quite a lot of difference as many clubs do not allow non members...
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: Singapore golf courses   Singapore golf courses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:22 pm

TMCC or Sentosa got the best fairway and Green. Both 36 holes.
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singapore golf courses   Singapore golf courses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Depends where you will be staying? If near town, sentosa. If @ east side of singapore, TMCC will be good. If u got no budget constraint, get both.
Back to top Go down
tourgleek
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singapore golf courses   Singapore golf courses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Thanks guys.  I am down to 2. TMCC and Sentosa.  Pros and cons of both.  TMCC does not allow online booking for the weekends.  Appears it's a lottery system, meaning you can't confirm anything in advance of a Friday night, where you are required to show up.  Pretty limiting.  Sentosa, I believe, allows weekend booking online in advance for members.  Only concern i have here is the Barclays Singapore Open and the HSBC Women's tournaments.  In the US, it is not uncommon to close a course down for several weeks before the tournaments.  Wondering if i would lose 2 months a year with nowhere to play.  Any thoughts?  Money is an issue as I'll only join one, not two.  Also, if you join them, are your children (my 9 year old) allowed to use the facilities as well?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Singapore golf courses   Singapore golf courses I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Even if Serapong course is closed for tournaments, theres still the Tanjong course.
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singapore golf courses   Singapore golf courses I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:08 am

I think the recent years, both courses in Sentosa are used for the Singapore Open. I think u can sign in your kids as guest. Singapore courses don't close down 2 months in adv for golf tournament. And the venue of the next Singapore Open may not be Sentosa. On this, I think u worry too much.
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: Singapore golf courses   Singapore golf courses I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Wife and Kids below 18 is not consider as member at Sentosa????
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Singapore golf courses   Singapore golf courses I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:15 pm

Laguna - the new classic course.  I was told by friends who are members there that most members dont like playing there because it is too freaking difficult.  So, it is easy to book.  Best be members  if you really want to play there because members guest pay through their nose!

Only issue is that the range is now close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singapore golf courses   Singapore golf courses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singapore golf courses
Page 1 of 1