Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore

Go down 
+2
ChrisD
hazim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hazim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore   Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi golfers.
I am doing some school project on how can we make new innovative golf courses in Singapore without taking up too much of our limited land space. I hope that golfers in this forum could feedback on the proposals below. Thank you.

Firstly, we propose the building of a miniature golf course on the roof-top of 4 or 5 condominium blocks. The roof tops of these 4 to 5 blocks are combined into one whole big roof top for the golf course by link bridges. It will have a four-in-one concept, consisting of a rooftop garden, jacuzzi, minigolf and a mini driving range. So far, such a minigolf concept on the ground level, called Lilliputt already exist in East Coast Park. Rooftop driving ranges are also present in a lot of countries like Japan, Philippines, Korea and USA. Hence, we think this idea is feasible. Besides, we also emailed Mr Michael Cabel, golf course superintendent of Warren golf course to seek his opinion on our proposal and he thinks it is feasible too.

Our second proposal is an innovation from ‘gambling cruises’. We propose having a golf course built on a relatively large floating platform South of Singapore, probably near Sentosa or even further out in open waters (not conflicting with shipping routes). This platform would be a moveable platform which enables flexibility of space use (e.g. any future developments such as land reclamation or dam building would not affect the platform). We can then have luxury cruises with the theme of ‘Golfing cruises’ plying this route. These large ships would have a golf course with a driving range as well as a few holes on board. Remaining holes would be situated on a floating platform as shown in the attached picture, taken from Coeur d’Alene Resort Golf Course in Idaho. The grass of the platform would be synthetic grass so that maintenance is not as intensive and that fertilizers and pesticides are done away with to minimize environmental pollution to our sea.

For our last proposal, which we think is fairly ambitious, is to house an entire 18-hole golf course within a whole building, with the ball passing through every level of the building (similar to how the multi-storey carpark is built). Every level will have a hole for golfers to hit the ball into, with the ball then falling through the hole to the floor below and so on. Thus, the game will start on the top floor with a rooftop driving range and ends at the bottom with a café situated there for golfers, so as to let them relax after a good game. Moreover since this is indoor golf, we can use temperate turf grass species, as based on the turf grass lecture, they are of a better quality.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore   Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Go virtual golf n save all these troubles.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore   Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:24 pm

built more bridges to JB and built large long luxurious golf courses there. where is my par 6 holes!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore   Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Ideas not practical.

1. I dont think any serious golfer will consider a proper 18 holes with just putting strokes.

2. Already golf takes too much time from my family. Still have to take cruise? Only possible if its packaged as a golfing holiday.

3. How high u want each floor of each building? Go to a driving range and see how high and far a ball flies.

I would create a golf zone in johor. Create a special golfers only lane in the check point and this lane drives direct to the golf zone. Golfers cannot drive outside the golf zone. Golfers will have special entry pass that go only to the golf zone. Build massage parlors, seafood restaurants and ktvs in the golfvzone for after golf entertainment. Have 52 * 9 holes in the zone. One for each week a year. Stim
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore   Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Gray wrote:
Ideas not practical.

1. I dont think any serious golfer will consider a proper 18 holes with just putting strokes.

2. Already golf takes too much time from my family. Still have to take cruise? Only possible if its packaged as a golfing holiday.

3. How high u want each floor of each building? Go to a driving range and see how high and far a ball flies.

I would create a golf zone in johor. Create a special golfers only lane in the check point and this lane drives direct to the golf zone. Golfers cannot drive outside the golf zone. Golfers will have special entry pass that go only to the golf zone. Build massage parlors, seafood restaurants and ktvs in the golfvzone for after golf entertainment. Have 52 * 9 holes in the zone. One for each week a year. Stim

latter for 'Golf Zone Exclusion' program

anyway the driving range idea may be more feasible, even indoor driving range so can operate for 24 hours and in the comfort of aircon, (we have lots of empty large buildings, contrary to popular beliefs of limited land and space..its more like limited commercial and residential place)
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore   Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:53 am

Gray wrote:
Ideas not practical.

Wah I like this idea very much!! bounce
ASEAN version of Mission Hills!
Now how to table this to both SG and Malaysian Gov? Rolling Eyes
Part of Iskandar project maybe??? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore   Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Quote :
sob wrote:
Gray wrote:
Ideas not practical.

Wah I like this idea very much!! bounce
ASEAN version of Mission Hills!
Now how to table this to both SG and Malaysian Gov? Rolling Eyes
Part of Iskandar project maybe??? Twisted Evil

the first step is to join Politics....good luck bro
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore   Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:01 pm

[quote="Duval_S"]
Quote :

the first step is to join Politics....good luck bro

Errh pass Wink I don't have that calling and I enjoy getting into stuff that politicians are not suppose to do!! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore   Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Since now is election fever, u just write to newspaper say u want lor. Before election, whatever u want u can get. After election whatever u want, ..?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore   Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proposals for new golf courses in Singapore
Page 1 of 1