Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap

Go down 
+10
poresia
Branong
de_moschino
Daztasiumz
chien
pushslice
wtapz
hkhamateur
burnergolfer
14 posters
AuthorMessage
burnergolfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
burnergolfer

Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Just read a nice joke & would like to share with you guys! Enjoy:P Razz Razz 

A businessman was attending a conference in Africa. He had a free day and wanted to play a round of golf and was directed to a golf course in the nearby jungle. After a short journey, he arrived at the course and asked the pro if he could get on.

"Sure," said the pro, "What’s your handicap?"

Not wanting to admit that he had an 18 handicap, he decided to cut it a bit. “Well, it’s 16,” said the businessman, “But what’s the relevance since I’ll be playing alone”
"It’s very important for us to know," said the pro, who then called a caddy.
"Go out with this gentleman," said the pro, "his handicap is 16."

The businessman was very surprised at this constant reference to his handicap. The caddy picked up the businessman’s bag and a large rifle. Again, the businessman was surprised, but decided to ask no questions.
They arrived on the 1st hole, a par-4. “It’s wise to avoid those trees on the left,” said the caddy.

Needless to say, the businessman duck-hooked his ball into the trees. He found his ball and was about to punch it out when he heard the loud crack of the rifle and a large snake fell dead from a tree above his head. The caddy stood next to him with the rifle smoking in his hand.
"That’s the Black Mamba, the most poisonous snake in all Africa. You’re lucky I was here with you!"
After taking a bogey, they moved to the 2nd hole, a par-5.

"Good to avoid those bushes on the right," says the caddy. Of course, the businessman’s ball went straight into the bushes. As he went to pick up his ball, he heard the loud crack of the caddy’s rifle once again, and a huge lion fell dead at his feet.
"I’ve saved your life again," said the caddy.

The 3rd hole was a par-3 with a lake in front of the green. The businessman’s ball came up just short of the green and rolled back to the edge of the water. To take a shot, he had to stand with one foot in the lake. As he was about to swing, a large crocodile emerged from the water and bit off much of his right leg.
As he fell to the ground bleeding and in great pain, he saw the caddy with the rifle propped at his side, looking on unconcernedly.

"Why didn’t you kill it" asked the man incredulously. "I’m sorry, sir," said the caddy. "This is the 17th handicap hole. You don’t get a shot here."

And that, my golfing friends, is why you should never lie about your handicap!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:33 pm

ROFL ROFL 
Good one bro! ROFL 
So...fm today onwards, I ll tell everyone I m a 18 hcper...Laughing
Back to top Go down
wtapz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Nice joke !! 

Golf is a gentleman game so nv lie about handicap Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:36 pm

A bunch of my kakis must read these Laughing
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Good joke !

In Singapore most of the time players will do the opposite. . eg declare a 10.5 hcp but play a once in his life superb round of 76 from back tee....  

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 2:11 pm

nice share.. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:10 pm

chien wrote:
Good joke !

In Singapore most of the time players will do the opposite. . eg declare a 10.5 hcp but play a once in his life superb round of 76 from back tee....  

Laughing
Beer
Back to top Go down
de_moschino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:26 pm

chien wrote:
Good joke !

Laughing
typical buaya ROFL
Back to top Go down
Branong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks for sharing. It's funny joke that I will tell my true handicap.
Haha
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:19 am

when ppl ask me, I will tell them my actual hcp but always tell them I hardly play to that hcp. its those once a whole good game that "messed" up my hcp!
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:32 pm

I have to under-declared my hcp else my playing kakis will f me cos they cannot play from blue tee... hahahaaa.....Razz
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:50 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL nice one..
Back to top Go down
wbjia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
wbjia

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:28 pm

this is a good one
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:18 pm

I ever heard of e braking! 
Basically is playing high 30s 1st nine. Than 2nd nine played high 40s.
Will any buaya out there can varify? Doubt not! Kekeke
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:41 pm

snagy23 wrote:
I ever heard of e braking! 
Basically is playing high 30s 1st nine. Than 2nd nine played high 40s.
Will any buaya out there can varify? Doubt not! Kekeke
Yeap...cfm. Wink
Hve one kakis tell me tat on few golf games w him! Evil or Very Mad
ie: 'Ok liao, this ll kept me at low 90s!!' Shocked
Wonder is he in GR? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap   Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why You Should Never Lie About Your Handicap
Page 1 of 1