Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty

Go down 
+3
shotah
rocky
dank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dank
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dank

Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty Empty
PostSubject: Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty   Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi,

Has anyone tried these 2 putters before? Any comments?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty   Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:26 pm

Definitely a Scotty for me. My first putter is the Futura. Easy to hit, easy to aim. I don't really like the Newport design so I will try anything that doesn't look like that.

But then, Bullseyes are the best! Still waiting for a chance to get a SC Bullseye... Razz

Last edited by rocky on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change reply because Topic Title changed.)
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty   Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:50 pm

Black series for me anytime.... Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty   Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:24 am

SC.

I'm too used to the way it comes off the face and the way it rolls. Some says its clicky, especially for the Pro Plat models but I was putting great with those. Now that I'm using an Oil Can model, the feel is just right. The 303 stainless is not 1 I'm familiar with though.

PS: edited your title.
Back to top Go down
dank
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dank

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty   Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedbacks.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
D_Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty   Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Putters are so personal. I know a guy who's averaging 30 putts a game using a RMB$150 replica putter. That's better than what I'm doing with my Scotty.
Back to top Go down
robing
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
robing

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty   Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:00 am

i am using black series,

so far so good

cheers!!
Back to top Go down
dank
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dank

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty   Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:26 pm

Tried the Ping iwi Anser (with adjustable weights) at Golf House. Felt better than the black series, and of course, Ping's putters seems more cheaper than the Black series...

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty   Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Let me share my experience.

I have the Ody Black #2 and the SC Newport Midslant. Between these 2, I prefer the SC because it feels more solid in my hands. HOWEVER, putters are extremely personal so what I (or any other person) may feel with the putter isn't going to match how you would feel with the putter. Putters, as you know, is all about feel.

Notwithstanding the above, I've now moved to the Yes! Abbie putter and I absolutely love it. I kinda went for the Ody and SC because these are famous brands played by famous golfers. Yes! on the other hand has a more subdued personality.

I would recommend that you also consider Yes! putters in deciding, if you can. However, if you're going to decide between the Ody and the SC, I would pick the SC but remember that it's more costly too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty   Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odyssey Black Series #1 versus Scotty
Page 1 of 1