Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pulai Springs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:16 pm

As recommended by some Bros in GR....Finally, had my maiden 18 holes in Pulai Springs yesterday and had a ball of a time. The promo of MYR398 nett (MYR40 meal voucher) for a full flight of 4 balls was worthwhile.

Played the back 9 on Pulai and front 9 on Melana. Green was very well maintained and the best thing was quiet (less stress from behind flights lol)
Front 9 of Pulai was under maintenance.

Lovely fairways with undulating terrain and water hazard. I particularly enjoyed the Par 3 over a valley(ravine). Pretty daunting for high handicappers like myself.

Thought i share this. Beer
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Great to hear that you had an enjoyable game. Thread Nice
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:32 pm

jac_mav wrote:

I particularly enjoyed the Par 3 over a valley(ravine). Pretty daunting for high handicappers like myself.

if its left back pin..... u guys will have a ball putting it in

i lup that hole!!
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:39 pm

slinger wrote:
jac_mav wrote:

I particularly enjoyed the Par 3 over a valley(ravine). Pretty daunting for high handicappers like myself.

if its left back pin..... u guys will have a ball putting it in

i lup that hole!!

haha..unfortunately the wifeys didnt dare to try for fear for losing more balls to the tress lol.

Melana seemed to suit us better. We had lost a few balls on Pulai. Also the Marshals kept reminding us "Buggy on track" at all times!

It might be our imagination. The Par 5s and 4s seemed a wee shorter than what was indicated on the score card(we could be wrong)
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:47 pm

sure bo??? most members find melana tougher than pulai Very Happy

anyway, the hole before this par 3 is a short par 4, uphill then severe downhill to another undulating green is also tough, fairways tight, left trees right also trees....

the hole before this short par 4 also not easy as well....

this 3 holes stretch i called the triple whammy..... sure 1 hole kenna wacked
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:51 pm

I remember this course. My first venture to Malaysia golf course.

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:00 pm

mowen wrote:
I remember this course. My first venture to Malaysia golf course.

how to be keppel A div champion if not for this training ground......
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Ahem! Ex-member speaking here. Melana is tougher than Pulai as it is tighter and the greens more undulating but I love the Old course better for the challenge.

The Ravine Par 3 is tough depending on the pin position. If the pin is low you will have a tough time if you overshot. Putting downhill can be quite scary as ball may roll down the slope and into the sloping rough.

Nearly got my HIO in 1996 when my ball landed on top, pin low and rolled down from left to right from top when the pin was at the bottom. It stopped 6" next to hole. Got my siao ji ji. Ha! Ha! Very Happy Very memorable for me.

Besides, you must not putt straight at the hole if your ball lands and stop at the top or it will overrun down the slope and into the sloping rough below.
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:26 pm

slinger wrote:
sure bo??? most members find melana tougher than pulai Very Happy

anyway, the hole before this par 3 is a short par 4, uphill then severe downhill to another undulating green is also tough, fairways tight, left trees right also trees....

the hole before this short par 4 also not easy as well....

this 3 holes stretch i called the triple whammy..... sure 1 hole kenna wacked

lol..dont know leh. We seemed to enjoy the front 9. When we say we find it tougher or less tough, its relative. For me as a new joiner, a double or triple bogey on each hole is good enuf haha
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:28 pm

TDO wrote:
Ahem! Ex-member speaking here. Melana is tougher than Pulai as it is tighter and the greens more undulating but I love the Old course better for the challenge.

The Ravine Par 3 is tough depending on the pin position. If the pin is low you will have a tough time if you overshot. Putting downhill can be quite scary as ball may roll down the slope and into the sloping rough.

Nearly got my HIO in 1996 when my ball landed on top, pin low and rolled down from left to right from top when the pin was at the bottom. It stopped 6" next to hole. Got my siao ji ji. Ha! Ha! Very Happy Very memorable for me.

Besides, you must not putt straight at the hole if your ball lands and stop at the top or it will overrun down the slope and into the sloping rough below.

I guess the hole position was not low (no scary downslope putting) and as a result we were able to escape with a par lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pulai Springs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulai Springs   Pulai Springs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pulai Springs
Page 1 of 1