Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.

Go down 
+17
shorthitter
ultraman
asahi
Gray
Najibapark
Sean76
lowowa
doink24
Jliang
matthew.wong.92123
jonoz
flashpacker
KCL
str3ak
ahhhling
Ssquirrel
aling
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aling
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. Empty
PostSubject: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Appreciate advice before committing.....
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Good for warming up and feeling a nice release in the golf swing.
It helps you complete your swing and rotate fully in the downswing/follow through.

My recommendation is Buy.

Honestly I don't know whether it has helped my game, flexibility or fitness at all. As with most of the golf stuff I buy, after a week or so, they end up under utilized and in a corner of the house. This one is now in the corner together with the impact stik, swingsetter, swin fan, and a couple of other "swing trainers". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Biggest problem about this is the space needed to use it. Most of the time, your house is not big enough for you to accomodate this. After a while, you realised that you may need to go to downstairs void deck or bring it to the range to try it. Eventually, you just stop using it. So unless your house is big enough, I will advice to think twice about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ahhhling
str3ak
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Just got it and tried it on the range. First impressions I can finally feel lag in my swing :d not a good golfer by any standards but i feel that it has helped me with grip pressure and release after first trial on the range
Back to top Go down
KCL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
KCL

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Really help with tempo and swing. I have no regrets buying it.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Good piece to have. It has helped to increase my swing speed
Back to top Go down
jonoz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:50 pm

where can i get my hands on one of these?

I've seen some on ebays but they look really short and tiny..
Back to top Go down
matthew.wong.92123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
matthew.wong.92123

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:12 pm

jonoz wrote:
where can i get my hands on one of these?

I've seen some on ebays but they look really short and tiny..
Honshin at Mandai Exec has it.
Back to top Go down
Jliang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:17 pm

http://www.thelearningtee.com/

got mine from here. Very good training and warm up tool. It helped a lot with my tempo and the sequencing of the downswing, the extra weight and the flexible shaft really require you to start the downswing in the proper sequence.

There are 3 sizes to choose from. If you need one to swing indoors, you can always get the shorter one.
Back to top Go down
doink24
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:35 pm

Is there one for both sexes to use? Both male and female.

How do you know if its "correctly" used and will this aid the swing tempo for short irons also?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
jonoz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:30 pm

thanks guys! I'll go check it out..

Hopefully I'll be able to find something where I can swing at home as well.. I don't have the luxury of having a garden where I can swing and chop some grass.. ahaha
Back to top Go down
lowowa
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lowowa

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:12 pm

I've tried it once, at the Mandai range. During a phase as a beginner of 3 months or so. The equipment did aid to some extent, in building muscle memory of swinging an iron 7. Problem was, at the range I lacked any form of discipline to build a routine around using the trainer. I would rather swing real golf clubs and hitting range balls.

Unless you plan on using the trainer aid at home, and can commit to some form of discipline in using it routinely, it will soon be a white elephant, destined to remain in the storeroom.
Back to top Go down
Jliang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:20 pm

The whip is in my golf bag. So I will use it to warm up before a round of golf or practice on the range. So I don't see it as a white elephant.

Feedback is very obvious, if your swing tempo/sequence is wrong, the whip will not release properly and you may actually hurt yourself because of the weight.

Apart from using it to do full swings. I use it to do static exercises that strengthen the forearm and wrist. This can be done indoors.

Go to their website, there's a video with other drills/exercises that can be done to improve your body condition to play the game well...

All in all, I think it is money well spent.
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:41 pm

Anyone who wish to clear their 'white elephant' orange whip trainer, can pm me.

Like to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:19 am

The perfect release looks good too. anyone tried it?
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:27 am

anyone got a used one? I dont mind to try one also
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Tried my hotpool bro's whip....very heavy IMO.

But I would agree that it seems to help you to dial in on your swing Path and get you to focus on swinging with the big muscles.

Caution though....pls warm up before using this...
Back to top Go down
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ultraman

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:02 pm

I've got the SKLZ Gold Flex 40" version which is quite similar to the Orange Whip but it's much cheaper (from ebay - note that freight can be expensive if you ship only 1 item due to the weight).

IMO, the original 47 1/2" Orange Whip Trainer is too long which makes you swing flatter, it comes in another model 'Golden' which is 44" which is lighter & easier to handle.

Like most training aids, you would still need to swing in kinetic sequence (it helps in some ways to get you in sequences) to get the benefits, so don't expect immediate miracles. On the overall, it's a nice swing trainer for tempo & strength training.
Back to top Go down
lowowa
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lowowa

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Copied from website :- http://www.orangewhiptrainer.com/products.php

• For - Designed for men and taller women.
• Length - 47.5 inches in total length, approximately 45" actual swing length (Men's Driver)
• Weight - The total weight is 1.76 pounds.
• More Info - Simulates Driver motion. Recommended Whip for Core Fitness and Flexibility.
• Ideal Whip for Balance and Tempo enhancement. The Trainer is the longest version and most physically demanding. It can be difficult to control for seniors, women, beginners or shorter golfers.

Recommended for people 5'6'' and above. As ability of the golfer increases, the height of user becomes less of a factor.
Back to top Go down
lowowa
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lowowa

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:23 pm

Revisting an old comment I made to relinquish my encounter into the storeroom and deem it white elephant.

Just saw from their website that it is not the right product fit for me. I'm about 5'6 and just not strong enough (physically and technically) to handle it.

The other choice/s might be more ideal; not tried neither below though.

Orange Whip Golden: • For - Designed for those under 5' 6" tall or beginners. Recommended for Men, Women, Teens, and Seniors.

Orange Whip Hickory: • For - Designed for Juniors aged 7 - 12. Adults will notice benefits to their wedge game swinging this model.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Again, my opinion only, as an owner of many many training aids, (none of them the orange whip, and yes I have tested it), it depends on your swing flaw as to what aid will benefit.

But there are much more versatile aids out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
bellevue18
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bellevue18

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:15 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Again, my opinion only, as an owner of many many training aids, (none of them the orange whip, and yes I have tested it), it depends on your swing flaw as to what aid will benefit.
But there are much more versatile aids out there.

Hi
any suggestions on what other versatile aids are useful?
Tks
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:51 am

Hi Bellvue, it really depends what your trying to correct. Unfortunately there is no 'one fix' aid.

It is like watching YouTube then trying all the tips hoping to find one that cures your error, more often than not they do more harm than good.

Momentous is good, as is swing link and even the Taly trainer has its merits, but if you don't know what your flaw is you will not fix it.

The other thing to understand is your flaw is a result, you need to fix the cause.....
Back to top Go down
bellevue18
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bellevue18

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:02 am

Hi
Currently my main issue is my slice. What would you suggest?
Tks
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 am

Again without seeing swing is hard to say. Is it a slice or a block?

Most high handicappers actually align right then hit right and say they have a slice. But in actual fact that is where they are aiming.

The momentus weighted iron if used properly does help with proper release which helps prevent a true slice. 

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.   Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feedback on Orange Whip Swing trainer.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next