Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Putter adjustments

Go down 
+13
bogeyman72
enwee
Vinny
slinger
imrog
greenteaz
yanhaotiong
golf_nut
nismo88
DGman
garylin
Quest
MLP
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:51 pm

Hey,

Anyone know where I can get my putter adjusted? I would like to have the head sit a little closed. I would go to BFG but then they charge 150 for adjustments Sad which I can't afford for such a minor tweak, which if probably only pulling out the shaft and then inserting it back.

Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:14 pm

I thought it would be simpler to just regrip with a closed orientation? Should be cheaper that way.
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm

But then that you the head won't sit flush, it would just be tipped over on the left side
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:17 pm

hello, I think you can try Raymond at Tradehub 21 or Sigma Golf at Zervex building too. Though I am not sure how much they will quote for the work involved. I made some adjustments here and there and the price is quite reasonable.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:35 pm

MLP wrote:
Hey,

Anyone know where I can get my putter adjusted? I would like to have the head sit a little closed. I would go to BFG but then they charge 150 for adjustments Sad which I can't afford for such a minor tweak, which if probably only pulling out the shaft and then inserting it back.

since when did we charge $150 for a putter adjustments? i think you can buy a decent putter for that price.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
nismo88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nismo88

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:37 pm

I had previously brought my putter to BFG for Eric to have a look. Putted a few times to show him n he gave me free putting advices, slight adjustment to my putter, n because I don't need to cut my putter or change grip... he didn't charge me... V nice gesture n he got another customer. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:38 pm

I quote from an email I once got from you guys.. When I asked about putters

"Our price for fitting starts at $75 for up to an hour of fitting and $150 if any adjustment is required."

So I've interpreted it as 75 for anaylysis and 150 for adjustments. Correct me if I misread.
Back to top Go down
golf_nut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golf_nut

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:52 pm

I went BFG, changed my putter grip (very reasonable) and a good putting lesson/tips from Eric himself... Was extremely pleased... IMO only...
Back to top Go down
yanhaotiong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:45 am

Probably one of the cheapest and most reliable club fitter in Sg already. Did my putter there too and was very satisfied with the service and, if it's most important to you, the price.

And like what has been pointed out, he will be frank to you whether what you want done will actually benefit you. And at the same time the very useful tips!

Just search for posts under BFG or DGman and you'll understand.
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
greenteaz

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:30 am

+1 for BFG
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:47 am

Eric won't even sell me stuff until i get my swing more consistent. Kudos to a great guy.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:04 am

MLP wrote:
I quote from an email I once got from you guys.. When I asked about putters

"Our price for fitting starts at $75 for up to an hour of fitting and $150 if any adjustment is required."

So I've interpreted it as 75 for anaylysis and 150 for adjustments. Correct me if I misread.

suggest u call or make a trip down...

emails are just so....... impersonal
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:19 am

Ah hour of fitting includes a lot of things as many of the golfers who have come through the fitting will find out. adjustments is not adjusting the putter but the putterer...haha

its more like max $15.00 if you need to be sure before you come...

cheers and have a great weekend...........
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:43 am

I think that's a little too far fetched where putter adjustment charges are concerned...... BFG does not charge indiscriminately, in fact Eric has done us many favors be it big or small, FOC ~ I reckon many of us who had patronized them can attest to that. For example, BFG has over the week offered to provide 8 persons in the forum to test out the new Pure Grip DTX Prototype (for free) ~ sounds familiar?? Having said that, BFG operates a business and they are mindful in maintaining their rates & service delivery within reasonable market standards.

Agree with Slinger that emails are impersonal and its best to dial the line or pay a visit, I believe there is some mix up / miscommunication in the correspondence.........
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:46 am

Adviced to MLP, if you in doubt why not go down to all the fitters and see what they said. If you feel that you just wanna to adjust the putter. Some may said you putters too old to be adjusted, some may adjust the user instead of the putter.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi THE BOSS,

Remember hah, when I bring my PRC Leaders to your shop, spend more hours with them so that I can be free up to do the real businesses that needs to be done at my shop.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

BGM72

DGman wrote:
Ah hour of fitting includes a lot of things as many of the golfers who have come through the fitting will find out. adjustments is not adjusting the putter but the putterer...haha

Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:13 pm

Overcharging? Definitely not the BFG i noe.

Dun wana earn my money.. Yes, that day was the saddest day of my life when Boss ask me to save my money & use my existing stock shaft. Cos my swingspeed not fast enuff for stiff shaft..

But then ah, the black magic lingering around there may make u overbuy..

Finally, BFG is a friendly & cosy environment with many equipments to try.
Sometimes with some Buaya brothers/sisters giving advices & chat.
Jus go there & check it out.. Very Happy

Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:40 pm

just want to put a good word here as well.
I have been to DGman alot of time.
I once was there to say i want to cut my putter.
after looking at my putting he give me some pointers to make my putting stoke.
Even when i want to buy a zen putter, he say pls go get the putting right 1st.
He did not even want to sell me a putter.
There are times where he did some small favour for me, free and say just buy him coffee.
Btw, sorry DGman i still remember i owe you coffee, will come by with one soon!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Guys, I'm not undermining the quality of BFG!I know they're the best in town. I've known people who use them and even my coach arrows me to BFG. I just need to get my putter back to neutral, no idea how but it is open by a degree or two.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:38 pm

MLP wrote:
Guys, I'm not undermining the quality of BFG!I know they're the best in town. I've known people who use them and even my coach arrows me to BFG. I just need to get my putter back to neutral, no idea how but it is open by a degree or two.
Well the putter too open? As I mention before, u can just check with any fitter could be the grip only. Anyway I don't think eric will charge u $150 for just checking.

Last edited by enwee on Fri May 10, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:44 pm

No I'm certain it's the shaft alignment to the head. Gripping differently will only cause the putter to be tipped over on the face side even though it fixes the face angle.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:53 pm

MLP wrote:
No I'm certain it's the shaft alignment to the head. Gripping differently will only cause the putter to be tipped over on the face side even though it fixes the face angle.
Why don't u bring it to any fitter and see what they say. No point speculating here. Btw Eric already answered you abt the charges already. If u want just bring it to bfg let Eric have a look, who knows, maybe foc. Anyway I could be wrong, can anyone tell me, can we or do we bend the face of the putter.
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:05 pm

DGman wrote:

Ah ok thanks for te clarification. Guess I'll look for your help regarding this when I get my pure grips next week. Sorry if I sound cheapo asking for price tags for everything, I don't have credit for stash of money so I just wanted to make sure I have enough before heading down.
Back to top Go down
slash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong - I think MLP is a 16 yr old, so it's understandable and also good that he is careful about spending money.

BTW, MLP, with your best score of 84 and lots of training time ahead of you, I'm sure you can find many ATMs amongst the GRians here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:04 pm

slash wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong - I think MLP is a 16 yr old, so it's understandable and also good that he is careful about spending money.

BTW, MLP, with your best score of 84 and lots of training time ahead of you, I'm sure you can find many ATMs amongst the GRians here Very Happy

Haha bro slash you know me so well lol even my best scores
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Putter adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter adjustments   Putter adjustments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putter adjustments
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next