Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?

Go down 
+6
DRGjr72
pushslice
davis.suliman
enwee
haragolfer
Acemangill
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? Empty
PostSubject: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:52 pm

besides having a consistent swing and warmed up abit....how else/what else should I prepare?

There are quite a few options out there....what is your take on them and thoughts.

Recommendations ? Looking for honesty and sincere advise, perhaps look at my current set and tell me I don't need a new set as this is good enough for me where shafts, weight fit me.....stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 3:19 pm

who have you actually seen or spoken to? why this post?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Go see a fitter, if he think you are ready he'll get you fitted.
Back to top Go down
davis.suliman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Acemangill wrote:
besides having a consistent swing and warmed up abit....how else/what else should I prepare?

There are quite a few options out there....what is your take on them and thoughts.

Recommendations ? Looking for honesty and sincere advise, perhaps look at my current set and tell me I don't need a new set as this is good enough for me where shafts, weight fit me.....stuff like that.

keep chipping and putting until you dream about 'em
short game is the money Razz
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 3:26 pm

I have no idea what your current set is, how you swing and whats wrong with your current swing set in the first place...

These days brands like Titleist, Cally, Ping, Mizuno offer some customization through club fitting or custom ordering. Some smaller brands like Edel, Miura, BFG offer even more customization. Brands like Nike, Cleveland, Cobra and Adams offer little customization for SG customers. Im confused with TM. They do have cathay store but i feel its half hearted/gimmicky effort to offer fitting. Pros and cons on each brand, comes down to taste and personal preference. Everyone has opinions.

I would suggest take your time and visit each fitter and determine if you like their approach, sales tactics, range of products and price. It takes longer time but its enjoyable process anyway.

After hoing equipment so many times and reading forum discussions about same question for years, My advice is not to search for reason. If you got the money to spare, just do it. If this money is better used for your kids tuition, dont. In the end, always Indian first, arrow second.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Hit as many different brands and types of irons that you can. One caveat being with the proper shaft type (graphite or steel) and flex for yourself. That way you can get a gauge as to how the irons will feel to you. Plus it helps to keep the comparison relatively consistent from set to set.

Then you can narrow down the list and choose whichever one feels the best, performs the best, fits your budget, satisfies your wants, and fulfills your requirements the best.

In order to help narrow the scope of the search initially figure out whether you want blades, normal cavity backs, or game improvement type irons. Then you can find the sets or demo irons from the prospective club makers and sort from there.

Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:04 pm

My take to this?

Whatever fitter you go to they will just push their own brands and say you should go for this.

So best choice is to go your own preference first then find a suitable fitter

*Just Saying!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Fitting is good.....fitting will help one 's chances to play better

I am hoping to be fitted soon
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:17 am

Shop around and ask around.

Use results on launch monitor or impact tape on demo clubs to decide.
Back to top Go down
skitter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
skitter

PostSubject: Re: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:27 am

Go to the Golfdigest demo day man. Great chance to test out large variety of new irons in different shafts.

Try everything, and you will get a better feel of what works for you man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?   So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, I have decided to get customised irons....what now?
Page 1 of 1