Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indonesia withholding tax

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

Indonesia withholding tax Empty
PostSubject: Indonesia withholding tax   Indonesia withholding tax I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:33 am

Need some help from our Indonesia frds...

Does Indonesian company required to withhold tax from overseas invoices when service done overseas? Meaninig everything done outside indonesia but invoice sent to indonesia based company.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
CityTypeZ
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
CityTypeZ

PostSubject: Re: Indonesia withholding tax   Indonesia withholding tax I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:12 pm

weesern wrote:

Does Indonesian company required to withhold tax from overseas invoices when service done overseas? Meaninig everything done outside indonesia but invoice sent to indonesia based company.

Thanks

i think you need to submit some tax document from IRAS for their something called tax residence or so.
your customer should have something for you to fill up. otherwise they will deduct 20% from the inovice for the tax.
Back to top Go down
CityTypeZ
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
CityTypeZ

PostSubject: Re: Indonesia withholding tax   Indonesia withholding tax I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:13 pm

CityTypeZ wrote:
weesern wrote:

Thanks

i think you need to submit some tax document from IRAS for their something called tax residence or so.
your customer should have something for you to fill up. otherwise they will deduct 20% from the inovice for the tax.

does not apply to free trade zone. i.e. Riau (batam and bintang)
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Indonesia withholding tax   Indonesia withholding tax I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Yes, was given a certificate of domicile to fill up. the company we are dealing with is in batam...

can I say as long as payment from Indonesia will consider Indonesia sourced income and need to have tax withheld?

I cannot find anything on service performed outside Indonesia but payment from Indonesia.
Back to top Go down
CityTypeZ
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
CityTypeZ

PostSubject: Re: Indonesia withholding tax   Indonesia withholding tax I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:59 pm

weesern wrote:
Yes, was given a certificate of domicile to fill up. the company we are dealing with is in batam...

can I say as long as payment from Indonesia will consider Indonesia sourced income and need to have tax withheld?

I cannot find anything on service performed outside Indonesia but payment from Indonesia.

I think Batam does not apply the withholding tax. must check with company lawer.
you doing for marine?
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Indonesia withholding tax   Indonesia withholding tax I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:04 pm

I'm in a logistics company, managing their goods in Singapore port only and not the shipping.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Indonesia withholding tax   Indonesia withholding tax I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 am

weesern wrote:

Thanks

yes i think you will be taxed. need to pay for import duty (if applicable - depends on your product) and also income tax.
Back to top Go down
splaash2
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Indonesia withholding tax   Indonesia withholding tax I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:19 am

weesern wrote:

Thanks

Yes, you need to complete a COD (Certificate of Domicile) form + issue a non-permanent establishment letter for services rendered to a PT company, otherwise WT applies.

COD form needs to be endorsed by the service provider's resident country tax authority. Originals of both COD form + PE letter must be submitted to the PT company, along with whatever supporting documents for the services rendered.

This applies also to billings to PT Companies residing at Free or Special Economic Zones.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Indonesia withholding tax   Indonesia withholding tax I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Thank for the explanation.

@Audi, no import duty on us since we do not do the freight forward part... just on the storage in Singapore port.

@splassh2, so indonesia sourced income actually applies to anything invoiced and paid out from PT company?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indonesia withholding tax   Indonesia withholding tax I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indonesia withholding tax
Page 1 of 1