Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kick Point / Bend Profile

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

Kick Point / Bend Profile Empty
PostSubject: Kick Point / Bend Profile   Kick Point / Bend Profile I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:23 am

Can someone be kind enough to explain the above for me? we will assume that I have a medium Swing speed. What should I be looking for?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Kick Point / Bend Profile   Kick Point / Bend Profile I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:01 am

I think this question has been asked before. Now that thread should be buried under the million of posts by all our GR forum members (Technospaz contributed large portion of them Razz)

If I don't remember wrongly Kick point is a term used in olden days for olden clubs. Nowadays shafts have a bend profile. The terms Kick point and bend profile may be used interchangeably.

All shafts have a kick point, be it low, mid or high, or something inbetween one of the other depending on the manufacturer. Low kick is nearer to the club head while high kick is nearer towards 4-6 inches from grip area.

For the science of it, please consult the resident club fitter. I only know what it does. Low kick point lets you get the ball up in the air faster and easier. Mid kick and high kick shafts tend to give me low ball flight with alot of roll. That's why even though I play a 10° driver (too low for me), with a low kick shaft I am still able to get it up and get some distance out of it. My average swing speed is about 90mph. I've been taught not to "kill" the ball so usually I swing slow.

Anyway, I'm not a long driver of the ball so if you want to get loads of distance talk to the relevant people. In yesterday's flight I was the shortest driver. Mr Lam, Mr Roger and Mr Hard%ock all out drove me.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Kick Point / Bend Profile   Kick Point / Bend Profile I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:49 am

Rocky ... only a few drives where you mishit them ... I was the shortest of you all ...
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Kick Point / Bend Profile   Kick Point / Bend Profile I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:11 am

i think the kick point also affects the feel of the shaft right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kick Point / Bend Profile   Kick Point / Bend Profile I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kick Point / Bend Profile
Page 1 of 1