Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger got stuck

Go down 
+4
guy013
haragolfer
flamer0454
timang84
8 posters
AuthorMessage
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:24 am

Back to top Go down
flamer0454
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
flamer0454

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:11 am

DORAL, Fla. – When Tiger Woods’ tee shot sailed into a palm tree on the 17th hole Saturday at the WGC-Cadillac Championship, it never feel to the ground. Woods appeared to put a good swing on the ball and most thought it meant the end result would be a ball in the middle of the fairway.

That was not the case.

Photos: Fan retrieves Woods' ball from tree

Television cameras identified the tree, and were even able to zoom in to show the ball to viewers. But Woods still needed to identify the ball himself. If he couldn’t he would have to take a one-shot penalty for a lost ball and go back to the tee box. If he could identify it, he’d take a one-stroke unplayable-lie penalty and drop the ball right there.

He did the latter.

“It got to a point where I was probably about, maybe 60 yards away and I could see the ball in the tree,” Woods said. “Identified it with binoculars and saw my line on the ball.”

Woods mentioned how bizarre the last two weeks have been. He had two lost-ball situations last week at the Honda Classic at PGA National.

This time Woods hit the ball onto the back of the green and two-putted for bogey.

Source:Golftalkcentral
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:48 am

made me relook the unplayable lie ruling. I should use it more when stuck on marina bay bunkers lips. quite useful
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 pm

When stuck on the bunker lips it's no brainer bro, take the unplayable but must drop in the bunker
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:45 pm

I used it once to replay a shot I chkunked over a green. never thought to use the drop. learnt something today. them bunkers hurt man
Back to top Go down
mrunix97
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:57 pm

it was happened to one time when tee off stucked onto the branch....

got free drop because the ball can still be identified...
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:13 pm

mrunix97 wrote:
it was happened to one time when tee off stucked onto the branch....

got free drop because the ball can still be identified...

its not free drop. he declared unplayable and took a 1 stroke penalty. if unable to confirm it was his ball its considered lost ball and have to tee off again + 1 stroke penalty.

Back to top Go down
hacknet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 am

oh, i thought you get a free drop in situations like this. if you get stuck on cart path, and it is unplayable, is a 1 stroke penalty ah?

Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:02 am

I believe guy013 was correct that Tiger took the 1-stroke penalty as it was an unplayable lie. For cart path, correct me if I'm wrong, it would be free lift as it was to seek relief due to a man-made structure.
Back to top Go down
pravnash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:25 am

That's right.. a cart path is an immovable obstruction, so you get free relief. But not for a ball stuck in a tree !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tiger got stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger got stuck   Tiger got stuck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger got stuck
Page 1 of 1