Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling

Go down 
+8
markdylan
Pizzaman
pushslice
shamusan
pocketace
IGT
Denmeister
scottycollector
12 posters
AuthorMessage
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  Empty
PostSubject: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way about the recent range of SC putters that come with deep-milled faces

I got the sea mist sonoma and i love everything about it except the feel off the putter face. the deepmilling seems to make the putter face feel a lot harsher and less soft than all the older models that do not have deepmilling. in essence, the deep milled face has very little 'feel'.

Anyone else feels the same way?

Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 6:05 pm

I have three scottys and the oldest putter is the softest.

I tried out my friend's Pro Platinum Mil Spec Newport and totally fell in love with the soft absorbing feel off the face. I was very lucky that he agreed to sell it to me. It is currently my gamer.

The second one is the newport 2 which I think is the 2010 model. That felt clickish.

The latest one I got, a belly golo which I cut down to 37in. I agree with Scottycollector. The feel of the face is what I will describe as muted. I gamed it for a few months and recently switched back to the Pro Platinum. Oh, that a drastic difference in feel! The PP feels as if the ball melted on the face before rolling.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 6:10 pm

True....true....!

Ball just get too hot off the face...missing the touch.

Still love the models from circa62, studio stainless and studio style
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 7:17 pm

The pro platinum and Tei 3 ranges probably the softest feeling. Against the sea mist n black select models, it's like comparing forged with cast irons

I also really like those with gss insert eg red x and studio style
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:29 pm

I, for one actually prefers my black select notchback.
I find the face softer as opposed to older models of Scotty I used to game

I do not like putters with inserts like Odyssey. But I find the older Scotty too 'clicky' at impact for my liking. The black select is exactly what I wanted!

I guess different strokes for different folks!
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:28 pm

scottycollector wrote:
The pro platinum and Tei 3 ranges probably the softest feeling. Against the sea mist n black select models, it's like comparing forged with cast irons

I also really like those with gss insert eg red x and studio style

+2

TeI3 NP2...my best..gaming it now. Already got 2, still looking for it, so greedy Razz

The Newport Beach 1.5 with sound slot feels and sounds pleasing too....

Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:35 pm

i personally have about a 100 scotties now and besides the tel3 which is an insert putter, i find the deep milling of the golo to be the softest and best playing putter of the lot...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:10 pm

I never tried old scotty except circa 62 and studio stainless, but compared to 2010-2011 scottys, the current black milling feels/sounds way nicer and much less clickier. I have a belly mid newport 2 and loving it.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:39 pm

I have tried the older newport studio select series... have never tried the PP and Tei3 so can't comment on that... but I find new deep milling feels softer than the previous version... still a struggle between the select newport 2 and BB1...
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. It's interesting how varied the views are. maybe i should give my sea mist sonoma a second chance. it's been benched for quite a while
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:48 pm

shamusan wrote:
i personally have about a 100 scotties now and besides the tel3 which is an insert putter, i find the deep milling of the golo to be the softest and best playing putter of the lot...

100 over Scotty's??? Shocked

All my clubs plus chopsticks plus my neighbors' ones not even near 100 i supposed. Laughing
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:01 pm

i collect scotty's la....
Back to top Go down
markdylan
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
markdylan

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:25 pm

yes..Francis..no kidding..shamu really have that much of scotty..hardcore collector..real hardcore..haha..
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Real hardcore indeed!

Luckily Scotty didn't make umbrellas! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragonz18
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dragonz18

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:54 am

Yes it's True, i have black mist select np2 and the Face feel not spesial than the older model..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:49 am

I game the Sea Mist California for about 2-3 months before going back to my Studio Select Newport 2.

Somehow, the feel from the Newport felt much better.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:56 am

I agree with Sham...The golo deep mills are very, very nice.

If I was going to buy one today....I would try and find one of his original Cameron Golf International (Scotty Cameron Classic) putters. To me those are some of the best putters he has ever made.

Additionally the Inspired by David Duval is a really good feeling putter.
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am

game with my newly acquired pro plat del mar3 yesterday at RCC Palm.
soft and seems easy to control on both long and short putts.
not too shabby for 1st round: 4 x 3putt, 12x 2putt, 2x 1putt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling    Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scotty cameron putters - no love for deep milling
Page 1 of 1