Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Calloway X Hot driver

Go down 
+15
pocketace
supergrover
Khorkar
HyBriD
HitSoft
devil_wq
Yarra
Turbo
jtek
luffy
nicasio
slinger
DGman
mengteck71
adenn20
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:12 pm

I stand corrected but the grey crown and red 'X' is the Global Specs version
While the black crown with gold 'X' is the Japanese version

If its bought from an authorized Callaway dealer, unlikely to be selling knock offs

Maybe you can post some pic here for others to comment.
Back to top Go down
anodiz3
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
anodiz3

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:21 pm

pocketace wrote:
I stand corrected but the grey crown and red 'X' is the Global Specs version
While the black crown with gold 'X' is the Japanese version

If its bought from an authorized Callaway dealer, unlikely to be selling knock offs

Maybe you can post some pic here for others to comment.
yes... you are right... this is the difference between a global spec and japanese spec. I have the japanese spec version and I have seen the global spec at Isetan.
Back to top Go down
anodiz3
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
anodiz3

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:22 pm

supergrover wrote:
A friend bought me a Japanese version of the x hot driver when he was on holiday in Korea. The "X" on the sole was golden, and it had a black gloss crown. I'm suspecting it's a fake knock-off, although my friend told me he bought from the authorised Callaway reseller.

Anyone knows?
it is not fake.... that's the japanese spec version. I know because I have that and I have seen them at Isetan, Panwest and Golf Direct.
Back to top Go down
supergrover
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:11 pm

anodiz3 wrote:
supergrover wrote:
A friend bought me a Japanese version of the x hot driver when he was on holiday in Korea. The "X" on the sole was golden, and it had a black gloss crown. I'm suspecting it's a fake knock-off, although my friend told me he bought from the authorised Callaway reseller.

Anyone knows?
it is not fake.... that's the japanese spec version. I know because I have that and I have seen them at Isetan, Panwest and Golf Direct.
I checked the Callaway Japan website and the pics there show a Matte black crown, but the one I have has a Glossy black crown. Really Shiny Like a Star @ heaven See pics....that's why I suspect it was fake.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f57/18/55/79/90/image111.jpgCalloway X Hot driver - Page 2 Image111
Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 Image210
Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 Image310
Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 Image410
Back to top Go down
anodiz3
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
anodiz3

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:14 pm

supergrover wrote:
anodiz3 wrote:
supergrover wrote:

Anyone knows?
I checked the Callaway Japan website and the pics there show a Matte black crown, but the one I have has a Glossy black crown. Really Shiny Like a Star @ heaven See pics....that's why I suspect it was fake.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f57/18/55/79/90/image111.jpgCalloway X Hot driver - Page 2 Image111
yes... i get what you meant... If you are unconvinced that you have the real thing... not sure if you can bring it to Pan West to check it out (not sure if they have such services).  Mine is also glossy black.

good luck Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 4:01 pm

supergrover wrote:
anodiz3 wrote:
supergrover wrote:

Anyone knows?

Will be happy to buy off from you if you are worried mate..
How much did you pay for it?
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 4:22 pm

If you doubt it just because it has a glossy black crown, then don't worry too much about it... So far, all I have seen is that (glossy), including mine and those that I see in pan west and isetan... cheers
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Chien, how many drivers you gonna buy?
SLDR, then Cobra Amp and now this?

Stick to your Romaro lah... I've seen you hit those long penetration bombs with it!cheers
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 4:58 pm

tongue
Back to top Go down
supergrover
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks everyone, feel reassured now. Although I didn't actually pay for the it as it was a gift lol:P .

Chien, I don't think I will be selling cos I have to keep it to show that friend. Sorry. He got it for about $380 after tax rebate.
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 am

A pretty user friendly and forgiving driver.
I would say almost on par with the RBZ stage 2.
Back to top Go down
Tigercrab
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Tigercrab

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 11:33 pm

sorry if i veer off...

Me thinks we shd try to  buy local to support the local scene, our own. often  it is not that much dearer if they give u a proper discount. 

having said that, local suppliers/contractors, pl do us proud, dont ka our chai tau?

case in pt , i tried to import xhot2 hybrid  last month from jpn, it so happened the deal not effected, i walked in mst at Mbgcc, pick the same up for 20 bucks cheaper !
i was derrrrr !

The grass is not greener in our neighbour house.
It is greener where you water it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calloway X Hot driver
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2