Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Calloway X Hot driver

Go down 
+15
pocketace
supergrover
Khorkar
HyBriD
HitSoft
devil_wq
Yarra
Turbo
jtek
luffy
nicasio
slinger
DGman
mengteck71
adenn20
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
adenn20
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Calloway X Hot driver Empty
PostSubject: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:18 am

Any users of the X hot / X hot pro drivers in this forum?

Looking for some feedback of its performance
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:12 am

There was a review by asahi. Please search the thread
Back to top Go down
adenn20
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:41 pm

thanks a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:54 pm

the first 2 XHots were fitted and delivered yesterday...more coming after the weekend...

there is one lurking in NSRCC and in the hands of a petite lady golfer with a bassara shaft.

the driver is more than friendly and it has a pretty loud impact unlike the fit.

if you think the driver is awesome, wait till you try the fw.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 pm

the cally xhot pro fw is freaking amazing...

outdriven by the 3w in all the holes at kranji, this ksls golfer only use driver on the 16th n 18th...

he is now at least 2 clubs farther than me.... with his new xhot pro irons as well

btw, the xhot pro hybrids are awesome as well...

i am getting them oreadi.... cos they just wanna go straight

MTL....
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:48 pm

DGman wrote:
the first 2 XHots were fitted and delivered yesterday...more coming after the weekend...

there is one lurking in NSRCC and in the hands of a petite lady golfer with a bassara shaft.

the driver is more than friendly and it has a pretty loud impact unlike the fit.

if you think the driver is awesome, wait till you try the fw.

DGman

Xhot Pro coming already as welll.....
Back to top Go down
adenn20
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 am

Yeah I will try out both the x hot and x hot pro....

Hoping I will perform better with the x hot pro.... It looks sleeker
Back to top Go down
luffy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:29 pm

i hope they're really good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfing.com.sg
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:25 am

Any comparison between X Hot & R1? Which is more forgiving? Which is longer? I mean for typical weekend player, which is a better choice?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 1:35 pm

jtek wrote:
Any comparison between X Hot & R1? Which is more forgiving? Which is longer? I mean for typical weekend player, which is a better choice?

U should compare XHot with the RBZ Stage II ... The R1 maybe should be compared with XtremeFit ...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:30 pm

This is how Phil Mickelson's 8.5 deg Phrankenwood looks like ...

Calloway X Hot driver Wood.625
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:04 pm

So how's the comparison between x hot and RBZ 2?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:49 pm

I have a little bit of testing on my down time at the Trackman a few days a go. Rain and flood means 'quiet' time with the regulars (golfers ranging from single-handicap to an 18-hndicap 64-years old) in the shop with a lot of testing and experiments. We compared a few different shaft setups in the X Hot, X Hot Pro, R1 and R1 version 2 which is the 440cc version, tour-only. Shafts are Fubuki Alpha, Fubuki K, Fubuki Tour, New Diamana Blueboard, Kai'Li and Matrix's X3.

Some of these shafts fits one head better than the other. It so happens that the Blueboard and the Fubuki-K fits both equally well so we focus on these two shafts.

I found that, with the same shaft, the X Hot and the R1 are pretty much comparable in terms of distance and spin. On the course, though, they are very different... visually. The X Hot seems to have a very powerful trajectory. Carries seem to be longer than the R1 and roll less. It does not mean the X Hot doesn't get rolling on the ground. It just doesn't roll as much as the R1. The R1's trajectory, interestingly, doesn't give you the impression that the ball goes long at all. We tend to think that the ball just don't go anywhere. We can see it lands and rolls a ton, but we still thought, initially, it goes shorter than the Callaway. However, when we got to the ball, there are hardly 5 yards between them.

Most of my friends prefer to hit the Callaway over the TM as it gives you a visual satisfaction watching the ball fly in a very strong and convincing trajectory. It feels much better than the R1 too, which to me feels a little harsh and loud. The Callaway feels and sound muted, but solid.

As far as forgiving, I think both are equally forgiving for the X Hot and R1. The X Hot gives out dispersion on mis hits but distance is very respectable. The R1 gives up distance but dispersion is a little better than the Callaway.

X Hot Pro and R1 version 2 are two different animals altogether...
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:35 am

Anybody here playing the Jap version of the x-hot? Any idea whether there are any differences from the US version other than the shaft and color scheme?
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:43 am

Yarra wrote:
I have a little bit of testing on my down time at the Trackman a few days a go. Rain and flood means 'quiet' time with the regulars (golfers ranging from single-handicap to an 18-hndicap 64-years old) in the shop with a lot of testing and experiments. We compared a few different shaft setups in the X Hot, X Hot Pro, R1 and R1 version 2 which is the 440cc version, tour-only. Shafts are Fubuki Alpha, Fubuki K, Fubuki Tour, New Diamana Blueboard, Kai'Li and Matrix's X3.

Some of these shafts fits one head better than the other. It so happens that the Blueboard and the Fubuki-K fits both equally well so we focus on these two shafts.

I found that, with the same shaft, the X Hot and the R1 are pretty much comparable in terms of distance and spin. On the course, though, they are very different... visually. The X Hot seems to have a very powerful trajectory. Carries seem to be longer than the R1 and roll less. It does not mean the X Hot doesn't get rolling on the ground. It just doesn't roll as much as the R1. The R1's trajectory, interestingly, doesn't give you the impression that the ball goes long at all. We tend to think that the ball just don't go anywhere. We can see it lands and rolls a ton, but we still thought, initially, it goes shorter than the Callaway. However, when we got to the ball, there are hardly 5 yards between them.

Most of my friends prefer to hit the Callaway over the TM as it gives you a visual satisfaction watching the ball fly in a very strong and convincing trajectory. It feels much better than the R1 too, which to me feels a little harsh and loud. The Callaway feels and sound muted, but solid.

As far as forgiving, I think both are equally forgiving for the X Hot and R1. The X Hot gives out dispersion on mis hits but distance is very respectable. The R1 gives up distance but dispersion is a little better than the Callaway.

X Hot Pro and R1 version 2 are two different animals altogether...

Thanks bro! This what I felt a helpful reply to my question...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:35 am

devil_wq wrote:
Anybody here playing the Jap version of the x-hot? Any idea whether there are any differences from the US version other than the shaft and color scheme?

I do. Generally, Japanese heads are a little lighter than the US version and the Japanese Callaway tour rep confirmed this. I ended up putting 12 grams of extra weight into the head. But to me it works out well as I need to adjust its bias.
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:29 am

how does it rank against the 913 D2?

both are the leading drivers in the market imo...
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:29 am

also the JV spec of the xhot has cosmetic differences...i.e black crown vs grey crown of the US Spec
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:18 pm

just wanna contribute to what I have read....

X-Hot is now rank #1 in site's like My Golf Spy.
Whether your swing speed is fast or slow.
X-Hot was "Long" accdg. to their test.

TM R1 & RBZ SII didn't fare well for those who have slower swing speed.
Maybe due to heaveir club head & shaft.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Here is the site I have mentioned

http://www.mygolfspy.com/2013-best-overall-driver/
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Yarra wrote:
devil_wq wrote:

I do. Generally, Japanese heads are a little lighter than the US version and the Japanese Callaway tour rep confirmed this. I ended up putting 12 grams of extra weight into the head. But to me it works out well as I need to adjust its bias.

Thanks! Any differences in sound and feel off the face?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:43 pm

HyBriD wrote:
just wanna contribute to what I have read....

X-Hot is now rank #1 in site's like My Golf Spy.
Whether your swing speed is fast or slow.
X-Hot was "Long" accdg. to their test.

TM R1 & RBZ SII didn't fare well for those who have slower swing speed.
Maybe due to heaveir club head & shaft.

Use any reviews as a guide but do go out and test them for yourself. Go and see fitter and, with current technology, try as many shaft combo as possible. Everybody has different swing, standard shaft might fit those testers but it might not fit you.

devil_wq wrote:

Thanks! Any differences in sound and feel off the face?

Not that I am aware of. But then again, I am the kind of player who don't really mind the feel and sound as long as they give me good result.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 12:00 am

Yarra..anything that hands on yr hands always goes long. Thats why feel and sound is not important..

Razz
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:13 am

Khorkar wrote:
Yarra..anything that hands on yr hands always goes long. Thats why feel and sound is not important..

Razz

You know that I am the shortest in my group, right?
Back to top Go down
supergrover
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:03 pm

A friend bought me a Japanese version of the x hot driver when he was on holiday in Korea. The "X" on the sole was golden, and it had a black gloss crown. I'm suspecting it's a fake knock-off, although my friend told me he bought from the authorised Callaway reseller.

Anyone knows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calloway X Hot driver   Calloway X Hot driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calloway X Hot driver
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next