Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ping G25 series

Go down 
+8
d1g
aero66
essentiale
pug
escyb
audi
entity
simoner
12 posters
AuthorMessage
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:17 pm

Ping Golf just released their G25 series which includes driver (adjustable), fairway wood, hybrid and irons.

These will be available in mid-Feb. See article below:
http://ping.com/about/insideping.aspx?id=15305

Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Looks like there will be slew of new offerings to empty our wallets in February. Sad

Ping G25, Taylormade RBZ Stage 2, Titleist 913 FW, and slightly before February, the Callaway Xtreme driver
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:51 pm

what about jap brand? no new models coming out soon?
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:30 am

Saw the G25 irons n they look so much better tan the G20 ones... Think Ping hav a winner on their hands liao....

For Japanese brands, Srixon is already selling their new drivers Z525, Z725 n Z925. Only saw the Z525 at Isetan selling for $455 wif the Kena Blue shaft...
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:23 am

The clubs will be available from 15 feb but TGW.com already taking orders.
http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/showcategory.jsp?CATEGORY=9627&SITE_ID=W0011&LNK=headerHeadline&CID=EMC-010213ud1

the price of the clubs in USA not too expensive.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:48 am

Their new putter is also length adjustable. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:01 pm

The G25 look absolutely pure... The Ping design team got it spot on this time... But technology wise it looks absolutely the same as the G20, with the weight at the back center. Don't think I'll be changing.. (I hope)
Back to top Go down
aero66
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
aero66

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Beautiful iron, ping is getting better with their design. Look forward to hitting some ball with it when available locally.
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:53 pm

In terms of forgiveness, should be at the same level of g20 or a bit less forgiving?
Back to top Go down
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
simon1982

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:50 pm

hi anyone gotten the irons g25? care to share how was the experience? and how much you getting?
Back to top Go down
darren.loo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
darren.loo

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:20 pm

haven't tried the irons yet but i bought the 4 hybrid (23 degrees) instead.
if contacted at the sweet spot, the ball launches beautifully.
in fact, i get a better distance with my G25 4 hybrid as compared to my AMP 3 hybrid.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:45 pm

I recently accompanied my friend for a session at KLGCC where he tried the various models of Ping clubs available (he started with Ping many years ago and is picking up the game again, so dead set on Ping. His current iron set, on loan from one of my other friends, is a Nike CCI with DG S300 shafts ... needless to say he finds them a bit on the heavy side and while they work fine for the first 9 holes, very high tendency of mishits (esp fat shots) on the back nine ...

Anyway, back to the session with the Ping Clubs ... he picked out a NSPro 950R on a G25 and I also handed him a Titleist AP1 on the same shaft ... his comments

"The Titleist feels nicer ... "

I then asked if they steel shafts lighter than the 950 for my friend to try, unfortunately they did not. For the ping clubs, the next step down was a 88gm graphite, for titleist, it was a 75gm graphite. So my friend hit those as well ...

"I prefer the steel shafts ..."

At this time however, the sales guy correctly points out that his dispersion, both distance and direction is a lot better with the Ping on the graphite shaft. After a lot more trying, my friend finally went with the G25 on the 88gm graphite shafts in R flex.

I tried the clubs in question as well, along with the Ping Anser and my comments on the G25

Looks: No real comments as I am generally not too concerned with overall appearance. The only thing that puts me off is excessive offset, and that was not present on the 6i I was trying

Feel: Slightly clickish, and if using comparing against an AP1, noticeablly harder, but if comparing against a TM Burner Superlaunch (the GD one), slightly softer. The overall feel was much better with the graphite shaft than with the steel shaft

Performance: Good forgiveness. Thin shots went a decent distance, slices and hooks landed not too far away from the flag, heel and toe hits did not jar too much. No comments about distance since unless you are comparing clubs of the same loft, it is irrelevant.

What really stood out for me was the quality of the graphite shafts that Ping are providing. At 88gm, the weight and balance felt good, and even the R flex did not feel like a rubber band. I tried the G25 in both the R and S flex, and athough the S flex probably suited my swing tendencies a bit more, I would have no problem using the R flex on the course as well.

Overall, if I had to choose between the AP1 and the G25, I would probably go with the AP1, no real difference in performance (for me) and the AP1 felt better (btw, i am not a titleist fan).

However, it was pretty clear that the G25 with the graphite shaft was doing a much better job for my friend, especially on the bad shots. So i can only conclude that for him, the G25 was a more forgiving setup, even when compared with AP1 on graphite shafts. Unfortunately Titleist did not have a 85-90gm graphite shaft available for a more like to like comparison.

In any case, my friend ordered the G25s with the Graphite Shafts (R) and when he receives them in 4-6 weeks I guess we will try them on the course, which will be a much better test.

Back to top Go down
rla
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Good review. Thanks for that!

I am very tempted to get the 17 and 20 hybrid but will probably wait till prices get cheaper...and I don't want to mess with my set up now which is doing good for me...
Back to top Go down
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
simon1982

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 pm

I had asked the ping shop and the difference in price for G20 and G25 is not much...and hence looking at the G25 irons. Was looking at forged irons but after reading reviews and testing out, would rather go for some game improvement clubs mmm. Going out to BBatok later to try out further the G25 irons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ping G25 series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G25 series   Ping G25 series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ping G25 series
Page 1 of 1