Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?

Go down 
+24
ozzy888
clarencekim
Elbry
Khorkar
hoelwill
dunlookback
opus
nutty88
Tituman
ralphlim
mervyntan
Ssquirrel
Birdman
S70B
Technospaz
nientsu
ironfist
Duval_S
Victor3112
joleelyn
sunny
watermyforrest
tronos
star
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:39 pm

MT, you observed and learnt a lot at the Open man, must have been a real eye opener for you.

Next buggy I see with cracked windscreen i sure think of you, haha..
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Star, if you ever get serious with a guy, bring him down to play a round of golf before you really get hitch! Then you can really see the true side of him. And then judged him after the game. Never married a guy who wraps his iron round a tree after hitting a bad shot. Imagine later in married life what he would do to the crow bar he has in his hands. Golf brings out the true character of a person when he is playing the game. lol!

Titu
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:32 pm

I have to admit that I used to show blackface on the course if I played badly. I won't throw clubs nor curse and swear but will just keep quiet till I "recovered". Then one fine day after a game while having a beer, my golf kakis told me that they really didn't enjoy the day because of my quietness. Since then, I have changed quite a lot and tend to take things easy. Just have to stay focus on my game and relax myself. Feeling frustrated will make things worst and it does affect your flightmates.
Back to top Go down
opus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:33 pm

i used to show my hubby black face, lol
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:36 pm

To my flightmates:

If I've shown you my black face, I apologize. I love you all, honest.

If I've uttered obscenities, it's only to my game and myself. I love you all, honest.

If I've thrown my clubs, it's only cause I'm better at the javelin than at golf. I love you all, honest.

If I've told you how much I want to give up golf, it's only cause golf has given up on me. I love you all, honest.

Now, let's get back to golf Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:48 pm

Personally, I think it is a fine line to draw between nice and impatient.. If too patient to newbie, they will continue to play slow. And they will continue to think it is ok.
I feel it is still the responsibility for the more experience player who bring new players to let them know slow play is not encouraged.
Of course, doing it tactically and easy to swallow is not easy. Sometimes a black face migth just get the message across. Razz

I used to keep hurry my GF which she just started playing. Then she was quite pissed but now she thank me for it as she understand the fustration of slow play to others and she is glad she is not the one holding the game up

Just my 2cent
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
hoelwill
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
hoelwill

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:06 pm

nientsu wrote:
But then again...

I know a fren who freezes at address for 30 over seconds before hitting the ball.....

How not to say he slow leh??

nietsu u toking abt me ah?
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:14 pm

lol thank goodness my gf doesn't play golf. we're both super duper competitive.. sure quarrel. Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:34 pm

ironfist wrote:
lol thank goodness my gf doesn't play golf. we're both super duper competitive.. sure quarrel. Razz

Some competition is good Wink

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:35 pm

I dont care what people say but I will show my flight mates the KPKB face. When there is 3 flights way behind is waiting to take shots and you are still at your 13 strokes and putting for 14. You take as if each putts like putting for the world series and after you putt, you ponder hands on yr waist on WTF in hell the ball didn't go into the damn hole.

I dont know which part of earth yall are from but I will give my fellow golfer a black face when they are told that they should speed up, pick up the ball and they didn't.

Last edited by Khorkar on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:37 pm

Technospaz wrote:
To my flightmates:

If I've uttered obscenities, it's only to my game and myself. I love you all, honest.

If I've thrown my clubs, it's only cause I'm better at the javelin than at golf. I love you all, honest.

If I've told you how much I want to give up golf, it's only cause golf has given up on me. I love you all, honest.

dont talk so much lah! just hit the damn ball! flower
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:40 pm

mervyntan wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
To my flightmates:

dont talk so much lah! just hit the damn ball! flower

Just say you'll love me for the rest of your life
I gotta lotta love and I don't want to let go
Will you still love me for the rest of my life
'Cause I can't go on
No, I can't go on
I can't go on
If I'm on my own...

Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:41 pm

ironfist wrote:

play 1 hole 1 kiss, sure enjoy the game alot.

thank goodness my gf doesn't play golf, then i can play this kinda 1 hole 1 kiss games. affraid
Back to top Go down
Elbry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Elbry

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:44 pm

mervyntan wrote:
ironfist wrote:

thank goodness my gf doesn't play golf, then i can play this kinda 1 hole 1 kiss games. affraid

Imagine - playing this kinda golf games with Megan Fox or Jessica Alba. Hooray
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Elbry wrote:
mervyntan wrote:
ironfist wrote:

I'll imagine playing ANY KIND of golf with Megan Fox or Jessica Alba.

Back to top Go down
star
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
star

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Tituman wrote:
Star, if you ever get serious with a guy, bring him down to play a round of golf before you really get hitch! Then you can really see the true side of him. And then judged him after the game. Never married a guy who wraps his iron round a tree after hitting a bad shot. Imagine later in married life what he would do to the crow bar he has in his hands. Golf brings out the true character of a person when he is playing the game. lol!

Titu

Titu - that's such good advice, ha. never saw it that way before... santa

you guys all cheered me up with your comments!
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Elbry wrote:
mervyntan wrote:
ironfist wrote:

I'll imagine playing ANY KIND of golf with Megan Fox or Jessica Alba.

golf would be the last thing i think about when i'm with megan fox or jessica alba!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:43 pm

OT la....
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Khorkar wrote:
OT la....

sure.. let's start talking about tennis then..
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Beri funni, TS!

Laughing

CK
Back to top Go down
ozzy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ozzy888

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 6:56 pm

i have in the course of many years of golf seen what i think to be the worst - fighting in the golf course . 2 players fighting with star wars theme ... drawing out 3 woods each and trying to follow the fight between luke and vader... specticular ! best be on my way back to club house for a drink then..
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 11:14 pm

Where ?

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t24743-hurry-hurry-hara-sale-matrix-shaft-50-adams-head-free#395807

"I have an army"

"we have a Hulk"
Back to top Go down
ozzy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ozzy888

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 11:45 pm

in a golf course ...some parts of northern malaysia then...
and i saw heated arguments too on other occasions...
and then there was a loud and painful guy (drunk it seems) that was yanking out loud to anyone in the club house next to JB airport..
never leave home without a golfer's insurance.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 8:13 am

ozzy888 wrote:
in a golf course ...some parts of northern malaysia then...
and i saw heated arguments too on other occasions...
and then there was a loud and painful guy (drunk it seems) that was yanking out loud to anyone in the club house next to JB airport..
never leave home without a golfer's insurance.

If I ever am in the company of a drunk and abusive golfer, I will make sure it would be my last game with him. Even if there is insurance coverage, what can a dead/half-dead/as-good-as-dead man (touch wood) do with it, because you never know what might happen in the course of an argument or fight.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 10:53 am

I have been told that i'm slow from time to time too. The best thing to do IMO is to do some self evaluation, and maybe seek the opinion of other golf kakis as well.

If more than one person agrees.. means its true. Then i'll go work on my pre-shot routine to speed up my play. I'd rather make some changes than not have any golf kakis to play with. Razz

My take on this is that when someone tells you something, be it a flaw or a weakness, dun take it too harsh as though its a personal attack and then react defensively. Golf is also a game of habits. Once you develop a certain pace, its not easy to change. One less practice stroke will make you feel uncomfortable and unready to take the shot.

Last edited by abadan on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?   Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever had a fellow golfer who gives you the black face?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next