Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kenwly
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kenwly

Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff  Empty
PostSubject: Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff    Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:41 am

I understand that kaili is US spec and motore is asian spec.

What is the difference of these 2 shafts other than the weight?

I tried the a Titleist 910D2 with motore shaft and can hit dist of 200-220m.
When i tried the kaili shaft, can't connect well at all, hitting 170-180m.

Is it because my swing speed is not fast enough?
Can some experts out there please enlighten me please?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff    Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Theres a chance that US spec stock shafts are stiffer and more stout as compared to the asian spec even with the same flex or weight. not to mention that you are comparing 2 very different stock shafts altogether. theres many possible factors which might attribute to you not being able to hit the kaili well.

It could be the difference in weight, difference in stiffness , difference in bend profile of the shaft which might not be suitable for your swing and swingspeed. It need not necessarily be insufficient swing speed. I figure you are asking this cos you like the kaili more. But no point getting so worried over 2 stock shafts. There's a world of beautiful after market shafts out there waiting for you to caress them.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff    Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:21 pm

There's more to it than just shaft flex. the bend profile which makes up the characteristics of the shafts would affect the end result more than just flex. and Flex codes aren't standardized, so between manufacturers and markets the flex codes may perform very differently. Stock OEM shafts and aftermarket shafts also have very different performance and feel.

I hit a R flex aftermarket shaft further and more accurate than a S flex stock shaft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
kenwly
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kenwly

PostSubject: Re: Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff    Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Thank you babycroc and eiji.

Now i'm using titleist 909DComp with R grafalloy booyah shaft.
The dist i can hit seem to have stalled. i'm hitting 180-190 and the max it can go (sometimes) is 200. And likely is because my swing is not good enough Sad

Keep having the idea that stiff flex shaft is able to give me more dist that's why i'm looking for one now.

But i learn something new today, bending profile Smile will google and understand more about it.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff    Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi dude,

More information and knowledge can be gleaned off the link below;

http://www.golfwrx.com/55733/wishon-facts-about-what-shafts-what-shafts-do-and-who-they-do-it-for/
Back to top Go down
kenwly
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kenwly

PostSubject: Re: Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff    Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:15 am

Thank you Asahi.
Very informative link Smile
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff    Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:43 am

I am actually one of the rare golfers that have not benefitted from aftermarket shafts. So far, i get more distance and launch with stock shafts.

With adaptors on most drivers now, i was able to try the following,

Cobra s2 with stock Fit On stiff / Tour AD DJ SR / Tour AD DI S
Both the Tour AD's, cannot launch to safe my life. I had to change my swing in order to launch the ball with these 2 shafts. I lost distance and consistency. With the stock Fit On stiff shaft, launch was actually piercing and much longer.

Callaway Razr Fit with stock RIP'D NV Regular shaft / Xcalibur SL stiff
So far, i feel that the stock shaft is giving me the optimal launch and distance. I played with a couple of friends who were using the new titleist 913 drivers with aftermarket Tour AD BB stiff and X stiif shafts and was able to match them in terms of distance. The stock shaft, although Regular in flex, helped me launch the ball quite well and if i were to push it, it still could take the extra juice. The only issue lately was the feel during toe hits., which caused a little bit more vibration. But all in all, the stock combo is my best driver so far. The shaft is so good that i have evenbought another one as backup just in case the original broke!

So what i would suggest is to focus on the results rather than be swayed with your emotions. You may actually like the Kaili but the Motore is giving u better results. Buy the driver with the Motore shaft first and then take your time in finding the aftermarket shaft that fits you. That experiment takes a longer time, but at least you can be restt assured that you have a driver/shaft combo that is giving you decent distances until you find another shaft.

Look past the flex and be willing to experiment with regular, stiff, x stiff flexes. You may be surprised that a certain flex may yield better results.

I am quite a tall guy (6ft 2in) and play a lot of golf. I can safely say that my swing speed is in the 95 to 100mph range but i am getting the best results (so far) with a stock Regular shaft.
Back to top Go down
kenwly
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kenwly

PostSubject: Re: Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff    Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:57 am

Thank you Denmeister for sharing your experience.

I guess my golf swing/timing of release/clubhead speed/momentum might not be compatible to the shaft.

I went to the range to test out the kaili shaft again.
Strangely, i get good dist and contact when i do half swing but the trajectory is not ideal.
But when i switch back to full swing, everything goes wrong hahaha Smile

Need to go figure out where exactly went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff    Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diamana Kaili 65 stiff vs Fujikura Motore 60 stiff
Page 1 of 1