Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forgiving irons ?

Go down 
+12
eiji
zenselv
maslie
DGman
Botak88
slinger
Technospaz
hkhamateur
BabyCroc
timang84
coconutz
Slicer51
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:42 am

Need help, a friend of mine (beginner) is looking for a brand new TM irons set. Any one know which is the more forgiving irons of these 2;

Burner Plus or RocketBallZ irons ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:55 am

My first set is a burner 2.0 graphite.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:14 am

RBZ Bro high launch and light shaft makes it easier to hit. Oh yah btw I'm selling one set
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:52 am

Pak Slicer, I wld think Burner would be better bet between the two. Forgiveness wise, I believe both are almost identical. Performance wise, maybe rbz might be longer, but not sure of the lofts. Looks wise, the rbz irons look kinda chunkier esp on the longer clubs.

Wld also suggest taking the CB forged version into consideration. Looks more pleasing to the eye.

Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 7:06 am

As a previous TM user, I wld personally recommend any Burner series ie: Burner 1.0 or 2.0 Wink
Its bigger iron face, better offset n w thicker sole thus makg it easier to launch e ball even if off sweet spot hit. Very Happy
Hope it helps bro Pak Slicer. Cool
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 am

Thank you guy for the feedback .. This is a great forum and you guy are the greatest !
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:22 am

Curious... if your friend is a beginner, why is he/she so fixated on TM? As a beginner, don't close your mind to what golf has to offer. I'm not saying that TM is bad. Instead, I'm saying that there are many forgiving clubs out there from various brands of which TM is just one of them.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:48 am

shi xiong,

depending on the golfer, lighter clubs wont necessary mean forgiving....

lastly, whether the clubs are forgiving also depends a lot on the golfer.....

merry xmas n happy new year to u....

santa
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:51 am

Technospaz wrote:
Curious... if your friend is a beginner, why is he/she so fixated on TM? As a beginner, don't close your mind to what golf has to offer. I'm not saying that TM is bad. Instead, I'm saying that there are many forgiving clubs out there from various brands of which TM is just one of them.

Noted and I agreed too, bro. When happened was, he took up some golf lesson and his instructor was using TM irons. I guess he is comfortable with the brand and wanted to buy the same brand.

I did not want to go into too details with him since he just started learning to swing. I am sure he will look for other option & even custom fit his club when he got deeper poison hehehe
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:00 am

slinger wrote:
shi xiong,

santa

Shi xiong,

Understood but I was thinking he need to start somewhere. I told him to just buy a 2nd hand set and play with it but he insist to have a new set. I though the thicker the sole, the more forgiven it be. No ?

He is no young and I do not think he has a fast swing speed too. I give him a year and bring him to BF to get poison heheheh ( bad friend, ME!)

Wishing you & your family A Merry Christmas and A Very Happy NEW Year too santa
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 am

Slicer51 wrote:
slinger wrote:
shi xiong,

santa

Shi xiong,

Understood but I was thinking he need to start somewhere. I told him to just buy a 2nd hand set and play with it but he insist to have a new set. I though the thicker the sole, the more forgiven it be. No ?

He is no young and I do not think he has a fast swing speed too. I give him a year and bring him to BF to get poison heheheh ( bad friend, ME!)

dun say i teach u this....

since yr friend insist on new set (in a way i know what his personality)..... u shd ask him get Miura

after 6 months, u can get a set of Miura at 50% off....

since u oreadi admit u are a BAD friend....

remember hor..... dun tell ppl i teach u wan
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:36 am

Slicer51 wrote:
Need help, a friend of mine (beginner) is looking for a brand new TM irons set. Any one know which is the more forgiving irons of these 2;

Burner Plus or RocketBallZ irons ?

Thanks

Definitely burner plus . . cause have been using 1 clown

and much cheaper also
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:50 am

slinger wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
slinger wrote:
shi xiong,

santa

Shi xiong,

dun say i teach u this....

since yr friend insist on new set (in a way i know what his personality)..... u shd ask him get Miura

after 6 months, u can get a set of Miura at 50% off....

since u oreadi admit u are a BAD friend....

remember hor..... dun tell ppl i teach u wan

ROFL hahaha Ok, I will not tell ppl but I think the world already know. You'r a bad friend too Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:15 am

Technospaz wrote:

+ 1 Liked.....personally i think the loft is too strong for a beginner. but you know how golfers are like...first they want forgiveness, then they want distance, better have tighter dispersion, next they want feel and more important they want to look good......hopefully they don't forget to take lessons and practice.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
maslie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
maslie

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:33 am

Yooo pakbro....your are young and dangerous eerrrr I mean old and dangerous eh! You look forward year ahead and see no ATM will be available to support your ability and so better start make a new one Laughing . Solid bussines plan ... I mean golf plan Beer

PS: agree on miura scheme, if you pass it, you know I am staying in waiting list ok.
Back to top Go down
zenselv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
zenselv

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:25 am

Im a beginner, but I just bought TM burner 2.0 yesterday and tried on range last night.
It's quite forgiving with a bigger head, and GD selling $499 for new set till year end.
Actually kenna poison by my coach.. he said.. "TM.. quite a good made"
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:26 am

zenselv wrote:
Im a beginner, but I just bought TM burner 2.0 yesterday and tried on range last night.
It's quite forgiving with a bigger head, and GD selling $499 for new set till year end.

Well done. Congrats on your new babies Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:29 am

my coach also told me this...

whether any club is forgiving depends on the will of the golfer to presevere....

flower
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:43 am

my irons are very forgiving.

they forgive me everytime i make a bad swing
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:56 am

zenselv wrote:
TM quite good made, price good except if you wanna sell 6 mths later???? price also very low.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:23 pm

enwee wrote:
zenselv wrote:
TM quite good made, price good except if you wanna sell 6 mths later???? price also very low.

TM has the mentality of designing and marketing clubs as if they are selling fashion apparels. Change design once every quarterly or half yearly ... Reminds me of fashion brand like Zara ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Turbo wrote:
enwee wrote:
zenselv wrote:

TM has the mentality of designing and marketing clubs as if they are selling fashion apparels. Change design once every quarterly or half yearly ... Reminds me of fashion brand like Zara ... Laughing

Yeap..its known to b! Cool
Pb is...its functionality re e same bt they claimed not! Suspect
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 am

The TM Burner range is made to be easy to hit, so it's a good buy for the price you paid.

Practice practice practice and maybe soon your hands will start to get itchy...not from hitting balls, but itching for new clubs. Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:36 am

Not sure about TM's irons but their putters are pretty good, especially the Raylor ones Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 9:00 am

Turbo wrote:
enwee wrote:
zenselv wrote:

Well not only Zara , fashion got spring/summer and autumn/winter season, all fashion house do that even Uniqlo, H&M etc....maybe tm trying to do that, perhaps the next club color change as the season change..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forgiving irons ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgiving irons ?   Forgiving irons ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgiving irons ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next