Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Newbie

Go down 
+5
enwee
charlesho
hardrock
veronljf
Cass_newbie
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
charlesho

Golf Newbie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 am

enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
enwee wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
lolz... its okie. Thanks for info though, enwee Smile
Anyway most of the JB courses not too busy during sun pm session. You'll be spoilt with the choices.

I see.. being stressed by the flight behind is definately no no for me. Razz

afternoon flights in JB for some courses can be quite empty. but you got to watch the weather
ok lah...last wk the weather was great after the short shower.....only my games wasn't

His not ok is much much better than my very fine day...

Forgot to put my usual T&C of Weekend Sunday game I'm available... Other ppl is weekend warrior... I'm more or less a Sunday Gamer... haha...

Johor got variety of course... depend on how far you would like to travel... some is closer to city centre while some are further up...

Yet generally, Sunday games are more quiet and price is also on a reasonable side...
Back to top Go down
Cass_newbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 am

veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Hi veronlif,

Yes, I am taking lessons now and is playing at Bishan. While I am brushing up my skills at the range, i would also like go green to gain more exposures. Smile

What about you? Where do you usually play?

Cool. Came back to the game 6 months back.
More of sembawang and mgbc. U can go to tanglin, they are having an unlimited play for only 25$ (weekdays only).

What actually made u started playing??

Thanks for the information. May I check with you on MGBC please? Where is this place?

A trial session actually got me acquaint with golf and this start the spark in me for the sport.. Very Happy
However, my friends are not as enthusiastic as me... Hence, trying to widen my golf kahis circle here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cass_newbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 am

hardrock wrote:
pippin wrote:
Welcome to GR!

Now then come in n welcome newbie... Peace

lolz... Thanks, Pippin.
Back to top Go down
Cass_newbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 pm

charlesho wrote:
enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
enwee wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Anyway most of the JB courses not too busy during sun pm session. You'll be spoilt with the choices.

afternoon flights in JB for some courses can be quite empty. but you got to watch the weather
ok lah...last wk the weather was great after the short shower.....only my games wasn't

Forgot to put my usual T&C of Weekend Sunday game I'm available... Other ppl is weekend warrior... I'm more or less a Sunday Gamer... haha...

Johor got variety of course... depend on how far you would like to travel... some is closer to city centre while some are further up...

Yet generally, Sunday games are more quiet and price is also on a reasonable side...

So Enwee is being modest here yeah... He is a good player... Wink
Must give a few pointers yar..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Cass_newbie wrote:
charlesho wrote:
enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
enwee wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:

Me? Can enjoy a bit but still nowhere near good. scratch
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
charlesho

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 pm

enwee wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
charlesho wrote:
enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
enwee wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:

Haha... our main thing is to enjoy the game and also share views and meet some nice people out there...

so maybe next time u can join us too...
Back to top Go down
Cass_newbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:03 pm

charlesho wrote:
enwee wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
charlesho wrote:
enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
enwee wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:

Haha... our main thing is to enjoy the game and also share views and meet some nice people out there...

so maybe next time u can join us too...

Certainly.. if you guys dun mind my lousy skills and me dragging your flight.. Lolz
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
charlesho

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:25 pm

[quote="Cass_newbie"][quote="charlesho"]
enwee wrote:

[]Certainly.. if you guys dun mind my lousy skills and me dragging your flight.. Lolz

definately not, we all start from there anyway... we will more than happy to welcome anyone who want to enjoy the game together...
Back to top Go down
Cass_newbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 pm

[quote="charlesho"][quote="Cass_newbie"]
charlesho wrote:
enwee wrote:

[]Certainly.. if you guys dun mind my lousy skills and me dragging your flight.. Lolz

definately not, we all start from there anyway... we will more than happy to welcome anyone who want to enjoy the game together...

Dun say I never warn you guys on my poor skills. lolz... I am really not being modest here wor..Smile

Let me know if you all are arranging a session. Wink
Back to top Go down
Stevenkoh81
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi, Welcome to GR. I am newbie also. Hope to progress together. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cass_newbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Stevenkoh81 wrote:
Hi, Welcome to GR. I am newbie also. Hope to progress together. Smile

Sure. Let's see if we got the opportunity to swing and learn from our seniors. Smile
Back to top Go down
veronljf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Hi veronlif,

Yes, I am taking lessons now and is playing at Bishan. While I am brushing up my skills at the range, i would also like go green to gain more exposures. Smile

More of sembawang and mgbc. U can go to tanglin, they are having an unlimited play for only 25$ (weekdays only).

Thanks for the information. May I check with you on MGBC please? Where is this place?

A trial session actually got me acquaint with golf and this start the spark in me for the sport.. Very Happy
However, my friends are not as enthusiastic as me... Hence, trying to widen my golf kahis circle here. Smile

Sorry typo, it's mbgc, Marina bay golf course!
I'm sure there are many experienced golfers here to pick pointers from:) and we can all progress tgt!
Back to top Go down
Cass_newbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:25 pm

veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Hi veronlif,

I'm sure there are many experienced golfers here to pick pointers from:) and we can all progress tgt!

Thanks for the info. Care to share with me on how does the unlimited play at Tanglin works?
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Hi veronlif,

Thanks for the info. Care to share with me on how does the unlimited play at Tanglin works?

you pay the money.. then you play as many holes as you want until you a) tired until cannot walk b) decide to call it quits c) no more balls to hit d) no more light. no order to the choices
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 pm

costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Hi veronlif,

you pay the money.. then you play as many holes as you want until you a) tired until cannot walk b) decide to call it quits c) no more balls to hit d) no more light. no order to the choices
or u birdie every holes until u sianz.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Cass_newbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:34 pm

costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Hi veronlif,

Thanks for the sharing. Just wondering if they are open to the public or members only?
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:37 pm

enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Hi veronlif,

lol! this one think likely for you la Swing
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:40 pm

costajos wrote:
enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Hi veronlif,

Siao....u wanna bet?? Birdie one hole give u $1....if missed u give me $1....
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:44 pm

enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Hi veronlif,

er can we up the bet? if i don't hole in one one hole you give me $1, if i don't i give you $1 per hole lol!
Back to top Go down
Cass_newbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:47 pm

costajos wrote:
enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
veronljf wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
Hi veronlif,

er can we up the bet? if i don't hole in one one hole you give me $1, if i don't i give you $1 per hole lol!

Lolz... So is the bet on between you guys? This is getting interesting.
I think it will be fun to watch and learn for my case. Razz
I mean no harm showcasing your skills to newbie like me so that I can pick up pointers right.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stevenkoh81
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Cass_newbie, I have met some senior here. They are friendly and willing to share. Smile
Back to top Go down
curisjerik
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 am

enwee wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
charlesho wrote:
enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:
enwee wrote:
Cass_newbie wrote:

Hye man i hope this question you asked your self that will you have a good time up there or not it is all depend upon you.

china golf tours

Last edited by curisjerik on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cass_newbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 am

Stevenkoh81 wrote:
Cass_newbie, I have met some senior here. They are friendly and willing to share. Smile

Definately! What more can you ask for when you can enjoy your favourite sport and at the same time goofing/joking golfing around with like-minded friends? Only here i guess. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Newbie   Golf Newbie - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Newbie
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2