Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Made in China clubs

Go down 
+8
ironfist
mervyntan
botak
nanohenry
Khorkar
fabulous
Technospaz
Seven
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Seven
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Seven

Made in China clubs Empty
PostSubject: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:41 pm

I have seen some clubs that are made in china, like Nike VR.
With so many imitations circulating in china, will you dare to buy a Made In China club?
Is there a difference in the quality or is quality still controlled?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:47 pm

Seven wrote:
I have seen some clubs that are made in china, like Nike VR.
With so many imitations circulating in china, will you dare to buy a Made In China club?
Is there a difference in the quality or is quality still controlled?

Imitation clubs (i.e. those which are made to look like the original but are not made using the original materials etc) are obviously going to be poorer in quality.

To avoid any concerns, buy from a legitimate retailer.

Remember the golden rule: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
Back to top Go down
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Most clubs now made in china, some china company copied as the mold they have also.
The different only one make in real company and the other one not appointed company. some even use same materials as the original.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:07 pm

Well, it is a copy set and it is selling for sgd 200 for a full set plus bag...i would buy one... I dont care if people say it is second grade...i will still buy it... Coz it is berry cheap...
Back to top Go down
nanohenry
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Any one can do an analysis between a clone club and a real irons? eg Mizuno, Callaway, Taylormade etc are some of the well know clone iron in China selling for RMB1500. The shop keeper always say there is no diff for steel shaft. Club head come from the same OEM company.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:22 pm

China shafts could be just some fishing rod... don't gamble with them. Buy the heads and stick in a decent shaft, and I think it'll be a decent set.

But drivers have way too much technology in them to take a risk with China made stuff.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:25 pm

which golf club is not made in china nowadays??
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:26 pm

lol i think nowadays the only thing that isn't made in china for a golf club is the assembly.. shaft and head all made in china. but that doesn't necessarily mean it's of inferior quality. you just have to be careful if it's tooo cheap.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:27 pm

miura giken.

ikasu.

to name a few...
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:29 pm

nanohenry wrote:
Any one can do an analysis between a clone club and a real irons? eg Mizuno, Callaway, Taylormade etc are some of the well know clone iron in China selling for RMB1500. The shop keeper always say there is no diff for steel shaft. Club head come from the same OEM company.

that is what all of them claims....if they tell you it is the same company that produces all the fake LVs bags, would you have buy them?

Talking about that, recently they have been quite a few spammers in the forum promoting some sites such as golfsetbase or istockgolf etc etc. Please do not order anything from them as they are confirmed fake.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:31 pm

quite easy to tell if they're fake; just look out for their horrible english.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:34 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
miura giken.

ikasu.

to name a few...

i wouldn't dare say that miura is not made in china...
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:35 pm

ironfist wrote:
quite easy to tell if they're fake; just look out for their horrible english.

tittiest? Cobla? nikke? scOOty cameron?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:38 pm

actually you are mistaken. Those sites nowadays are written in good english and can fool anyone.

Basically, do not try going for cheap deals. If the price is way off and too good to be true, it normally is too good to be true.

You can always google for feedbacks etc and/or ask Titleist, Nike, Callaway etc by writing in to them. They would let you know if the operator is an authorised dealer.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:43 pm

haha once spotted someone carrying a GUCCI bag. upon closer inspection i realised it was actually GUGGI.
Back to top Go down
Seven
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Seven

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:58 pm

guys i actually seen some made in china in some of the popular stores in sg.
Do read the labels on the shafts.

Seriously if the clubs are made from their own china factory with good quality control i think its buyable... But you will nv know if the ones u see are the rejects from their QC dept Sad
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:19 pm

Guys bite the bullet. 95 % or more of all golf stuffs are made in China. With labels stating so clearly. Its whether they are from OEM or not is the question.

Titu
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:24 pm

it really comes down to a few setup technicians in the factory (and the guy at keeping stock of the toolings) that affects the quality. Previously worked for a machining company and the main reasons for bad quality

-wrong/poor tool setup
-using tooling past their life cycle due to no stock
-using another tooling to substitute for required size tool due to no stock (this will then involves readjusting the machining parameters, quite often is the trail and error method)
-tool wear or damaged but technician never check properly

by the time it gets to QC, IF they picked it up thru their sampling check (many defects are created during the initial setup or tool change and these defective items will 'slip' through), many times its the factory director's call to let go or scrap (if unable to rework).

So its really down to a couple of lowly paid technicians and a guy who is not qualified work on the factory floor that controls the quality of the products.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made in China clubs   Made in China clubs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Made in China clubs
Page 1 of 1