Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule

Go down 
+14
hkhamateur
fata
weesern
nrafee
peace2903
Technospaz
jeffman88
TDO
wolverine
Afat
enwee
charlesho
mika
simontcl
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:23 am

Wah bro.. $6-800? I'd rather just go and 'ahem' ur gauge in JB. Think it costs less than 200rm.

Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:06 am

abadan wrote:
Wah bro.. $6-800? I'd rather just go and 'ahem' ur gauge in JB. Think it costs less than 200rm.

Don think its worth the risk just to save $600-800 bro.

If u get caught with an 'ahem' guage at the custom, its jail term plus fine.

There is a saying, in Singapore, its easier to get away with murder than be found cheating the govt.
Back to top Go down
westwoon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
westwoon

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:57 am

Today just witness a snatch theft at the Shell petrol station after customs. The victim was a Singaporean middle aged man, he was walking towards the cashier to make payment when the snatch thief on a motor cycle snatched his money and injured him. It happened in a matter or seconds. To all travellers, please be extra vigilant and careful at all times. Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 2:11 pm

nientsu wrote:
abadan wrote:

Don think its worth the risk just to save $600-800 bro.

If u get caught with an 'ahem' guage at the custom, its jail term plus fine.

There is a saying, in Singapore, its easier to get away with murder than be found cheating the govt.
Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 2:34 pm

fata wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
simontcl wrote:
Haiz.................... I had checked, the replacement / repair is about $600-800.............. have to postpone changing my irons!!!!!!!!!

Hi Simontc, wats yr ride? Question
Needed 600-800? Rolling Eyes
@TDO, yea...one of my friend's friend kena! pale
By tip-off n direct straight into custom pit-stop garage! Suspect

wah...kena tip off... your friend "ahem" his gauge is it?..

Hehehe... Laughing Laughing
Luckily is friend's friend. Wink
He didnt admit n insisted a NO then was told its was a tip-off so...he can't run nor hide!!! Crying or Very sad
Better know who u befriend hor! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 pm

simontcl wrote:
hkhamateur, my ride is Sylphy. I had checked in Tan Chong and another workshop, both had quoted me about the same price. Cos it comes in a complete set, pump + float / sensor.

hi, try calling Autoaid in Bt. Batok and they service mostly Nissan cars. You can talk to Meng who is the supervisor there and the no. is 67959618.

I previously went there to change all engine mountings. Was quoted close to 1k at other workshops but this company charged me S$600, parts and labour. By the way, it is genuine parts from Nissan.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Guys, don't play play with the custom. Although most of the time (95%) they don't check, you may be the unlucky one if they do. I kena once at Tuas liao. It was slight above half tank and I was too lazy to go pump. Ended up they checked and the lady officer refused to give chance. I have to pay S$100 fine since it was my first offence (2nd time $300, 3rd time $500 n 4th time go court). Worst of all, you can't leave the country and I have to u-turn back to Singapore to pump petrol. A lot of folks kena that day and we have to fill in our particulars, which was then processed manually and slowly. Since then, I don't take any more chance and make sure I have 3/4 tank when crossing Singapore custom.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:24 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Guys, don't play play with the custom. Although most of the time (95%) they don't check, you may be the unlucky one if they do. I kena once at Tuas liao. It was slight above half tank and I was too lazy to go pump. Ended up they checked and the lady officer refused to give chance. I have to pay S$100 fine since it was my first offence (2nd time $300, 3rd time $500 n 4th time go court). Worst of all, you can't leave the country and I have to u-turn back to Singapore to pump petrol. A lot of folks kena that day and we have to fill in our particulars, which was then processed manually and slowly. Since then, I don't take any more chance and make sure I have 3/4 tank when crossing Singapore custom.

Thanks, bro. So, it's not an urban myth that they force cars to turn back.

+1 for sharing your experience and words of caution.
Back to top Go down
simontcl
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks for the contacts fata & nutty88 - will call to check the charges.

I had wrote to LTA on their feedback page, waiting for their response.

Was chatting with my colleague regarding this matter, he said that he had heard at the customs, there is a dip-stick to check the fuel level in your tank. He told me if I am stop, just explain and get to use the dip-stick. Wondering how true to what he had heard???
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Yups keep the needle in bt half tank and full ... that shd suffice.. not a good idea if it hovers around the midway mark
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Anyway we go JB for golf not for fuel....why wanna cheat the custom??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule   SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SG to JB - 3/4 tank rule
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2