Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the key to shoot in the 80s?

Go down 
+32
Nam Flog
pocketace
ChrisD
zhian
darthfader
TaylorMadeKL
jimlee2268
nomic76
willytan
aquaman
asahi
haragolfer
costajos
Cyp_PGA
scottycollector
Master
slinger
pushslice
enwee
jimmychoo
Technospaz
Slicer51
skybobo
Derek
Duval_S
audi
crayon33
kyleyann
NikeN
JonL_TK
shamusan
rkangrah
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:48 am

Derek wrote:

p.s. Since you hit further than me, you are completely entitled to ignore everything I have said and give me 2-2 if we have a chance to play ok? Beer
Talk so much then offer to give 2-2 to a 90s or maybe a 100s.... Buaya!!! Razz
I drive 180m, 7 iron 100m, most of the times 3 putts on 10m, how much will you give me? cyclops
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:49 am

jimmychoo wrote:
Derek wrote:

p.s. Since you hit further than me, you are completely entitled to ignore everything I have said and give me 2-2 if we have a chance to play ok? What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 293543
I drive 180m, 7 iron 100m, most of the times 3 putts on 10m, how much will you give me? cyclops
sure or not.... affraid
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:50 am

jimmychoo wrote:
Derek wrote:

p.s. Since you hit further than me, you are completely entitled to ignore everything I have said and give me 2-2 if we have a chance to play ok? Beer

Derek just give birth to the term "KGPA Strong 18" Laughing
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 am

rkangrah wrote:
skybobo wrote:
rkangrah wrote:
pushslice wrote:
enwee wrote:
rkangrah wrote:

My weakness is when I have to hit a long putt. Like +10 meter putt. I don't have a feel for a long putt like that. I end up 3 putts long putts like that.

Any tips for hitting long putts?
Ask DGman...he's good at this.

dont think rkangrah is based in singapore by looking at his line of questions

What about my questions? Currently I live in SG (Bukit Timah area).
If I am him I will not even bother answering you. Pls be more polite in asking questions. Nobody owe u a living

What!!! Now my questions is not polite??? In what culture my question is not polite? Tell me which part of my question is not polite???

All my question are polite and they don't offend someone like what you said there.

chill it bro..look at how many forumers have helped, tried to answer your generic questions. a thank you would be good Very Happy

i got it wrong..thot you are not in Singapore because once you asked feedback about miura, some gave suggestions to visit Torque at Laguna but you said not possible for you

then you asked about cost of playing golf in Singapore like a tourist/visitor would ask singaporean golfers

so my bad...hope you enjoy golf here and break 90 soon ah
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:56 am

Quote :
rkangrah wrote:
skybobo wrote:
rkangrah wrote:
pushslice wrote:
enwee wrote:
rkangrah wrote:

My weakness is when I have to hit a long putt. Like +10 meter putt. I don't have a feel for a long putt like that. I end up 3 putts long putts like that.

dont think rkangrah is based in singapore by looking at his line of questions

What about my questions? Currently I live in SG (Bukit Timah area).
If I am him I will not even bother answering you. Pls be more polite in asking questions. Nobody owe u a living

What!!! Now my questions is not polite??? In what culture my question is not polite? Tell me which part of my question is not polite???

All my question are polite and they don't offend someone like what you said there.

I can't accept what you said there. Really rude!!

ok....lets all chill-lax ok? Bro rkangrah aka bro who is living in BT......... for 10+m putting.....I actually try to not aim for the hole......I aim for a bigger hole say 2ft radius...but what I look for its more of speed and slope and break.

hope this helps...

yours sincerely.....I live near a hill and near Muar Chee
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:58 am

jimmychoo wrote:
Derek wrote:

LOL! To paraphrase a famous golfer here ... *translated from hokkien* ... "I not scared you long, only scared you accurate, or even more scary, LUCKY"

Bro shoemaker ... we play for beer lah, half can each hole, if push no one drinks, even thought I am at disadvantage by playing scratch with you ... win/lose everyone also happy Beer
Back to top Go down
rkangrah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:09 pm

maybe I should just forget why I asked this question in the first place. Golf for me for fun lah! Konkow konkow with brother and sister.

Scored 100 hundred no problem lah..... at least I have fun.....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Derek wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
Derek wrote:

LOL! To paraphrase a famous golfer here ... *translated from hokkien* ... "I not scared you long, only scared you accurate, or even more scary, LUCKY"

Bro shoemaker ... we play for beer lah, half can each hole, if push no one drinks, even thought I am at disadvantage by playing scratch with you ... win/lose everyone also happy Beer

derek, your translation bo kow SAAT!!!

i not scared u long...

only scared u zhun...

i not scared u zhun....

only scared u HENG....

this is what i heard from a famous golfer here.....

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:43 pm

rkangrah wrote:

maybe I should just forget why I asked this question in the first place. Golf for me for fun lah! Konkow konkow with brother and sister.

Scored 100 hundred no problem lah..... at least I have fun.....

which course do u normally play in Spore?????

my advise is similiar to what i tell dog owners:

u walk the dog, not the dog walk u....

same thing.....

manage the course, dun let the course manage u......
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

#1.....tot thats what you say to me...when I ask you how to play against ASS????
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Duval_S wrote:
#1.....tot thats what you say to me...when I ask you how to play against ASS????

my fav aeroplane pilot,

is that right???

i only remember me saying "when are u calling us again????"

flower
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:21 pm

10m+ putt is not necessary to be 3 putt. can make it into 2 putt also. be confident, dont get discouraged when you are facing a long putt. tell yourself that you can make 2 putts
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:50 pm

I have the key to shoot in the 80s, sometimes below.

Stop playing after 11 holes.

Many Thanks.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:54 pm

one thing i try to do when faced with a long putt is I don't get fixated on making it in 1. Rather, i visualise a 2 foot radius around the hole, and the objective is simply to get my putt within that 2 foot radius. By doing this, u will find that the target suddenly becomes so big and this in turn gives you more confidence and makes ur putt easier.

if it goes into the hole, it's a bonus. if it doesn't, u walk off with 2 putts

Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 pm

true

+1 mate
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:06 pm

i'll say get a coach and set a plan to get in low 80's . there isn't one way to shoot 80's . the game is different from anyone . what is you stat for fairway regulation , green regulation , up down and putt ? but you should focus between 60-70% of your time during your practice inside 100 meter zone and putting as it's your scoring club.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:33 pm

audi wrote:
10m+ putt is not necessary to be 3 putt. can make it into 2 putt also. be confident, dont get discouraged when you are facing a long putt. tell yourself that you can make 2 putts

actually, if its deviation 10m+ from left n right, i think most greens are not that big.....

i would assume the 10m+ is front n back of green....

if that is the case, the player need to sort out his irons yardage.... cos 10m = 1 club length
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:41 pm

yeah i get it. but sometimes we dont always hit it nice right? lets say distance to pin is 130m, i would go for i7. usually i7 i would get 130m but when i dont hit it clean, i can only go 120m or less. i think thats what bro rkangrah is trying to say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Master wrote:
I have the key to shoot in the 80s, sometimes below.

Stop playing after 11 holes.

Many Thanks.

erm for me.... its 8 holes...
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:50 pm

scottycollector wrote:
one thing i try to do when faced with a long putt is I don't get fixated on making it in 1. Rather, i visualise a 2 foot radius around the hole, and the objective is simply to get my putt within that 2 foot radius. By doing this, u will find that the target suddenly becomes so big and this in turn gives you more confidence and makes ur putt easier.

if it goes into the hole, it's a bonus. if it doesn't, u walk off with 2 putts

i like that! Beer
always tell myself put it near the hole instead of cheong for 1 putt. geek
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:52 pm

audi wrote:
yeah i get it. but sometimes we dont always hit it nice right? lets say distance to pin is 130m, i would go for i7. usually i7 i would get 130m but when i dont hit it clean, i can only go 120m or less. i think thats what bro rkangrah is trying to say Very Happy

u are right.....

in that case, theres not better way than GOOD practise....

sometimes practise dun make perfect...

only GOOD practise make perfect....
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:34 pm

enwee wrote:
rkangrah wrote:

agree x 100. I will say that DGMAN saved my putting! 1 hour is all you need with him. and of course, the Zen putter.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 pm

haragolfer wrote:
enwee wrote:
rkangrah wrote:

agree x 100. I will say that DGMAN saved my putting! 1 hour is all you need with him. and of course, the Zen putter.
His theory works not only for zen lah. But most important it proven it's not the arrow but the indian
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:45 pm

slinger wrote:
audi wrote:

u are right.....

in that case, theres not better way than GOOD practise....

sometimes practise dun make perfect...

only GOOD practise make perfect....

Must listen to strong 18 hcp;s advice! cheers
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 7:27 pm

yes boss! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the key to shoot in the 80s?   What's the key to shoot in the 80s? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the key to shoot in the 80s?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next