Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need input from Miura Owners

Go down 
+28
SigmaOne
edgolf
ranctor
pushslice
BestofTheBest
kyleyann
enwee
3131T
fatshark
chien
TLHENG
andrew-golf
kg7068
TITW
whistler
Duval_S
Wu Song
dmateo
iluvcookies
blee67
Derek
shamusan
Suzuki
Technospaz
audi
Begbie
nientsu
rkangrah
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jloo61
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:57 am

oh yes, go for the PP9003 or MC 102. try not to use the Giken, unless u have problem lauching ur ball. well, for about homma, they are more overrated. is important to test it out to see which shaft suit u also. hope u improve ur golf game, cheers
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:27 am

why would you not use giken?

and how are honma's over rated?

i'd like to hear your explanation on this topic since you seem to have a lot opinions today
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:33 am

I'm also curious as to why we should not use giken? From what I've read, gikens are the miuras which are manufactured for the local Japanese market. Therefore, they are softer than the standard miuras but no less playable, i.e. they are just as good.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 am

Duval_S wrote:
Bro SS, I think Sigma is saying that if the golfer is a constant in this equation....then using miura will be very more choon than say others

as to why it take a few rounds....that is something I am also curious
IMHO, choon or not is more on the golfer not the club, of cos clubs does help but to what extend??? eg, if the golfer had the tendency of aiming more left would u adjust the golfer or the club? This one I curious to know.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:27 am

jloo61 wrote:
oh yes, go for the PP9003 or MC 102. try not to use the Giken, unless u have problem lauching ur ball. well, for about homma, they are more overrated. is important to test it out to see which shaft suit u also. hope u improve ur golf game, cheers

Im very interested to know as well y not Giken??? Ive just fitted a set of CB-1007.

Hope to hear from u soon...
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:02 pm

For the price of miura .... is it really worth all that ? where there are other soft and accurate irons around which is half the price? Just had a game in PRC, all miura user but they play in the 100s but lucky for zen putter they are holding, if not 120s liao.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 pm

errrrr....cant imagine what happen if they don use Miura.....
Back to top Go down
jloo61
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:16 pm

why Homma,s are overated is easy. Of coz their brand name is fastastic and the way they produce out from the factory is also great. but at the end they are still of the shelve product. it do not have a specs of a golfer unless after getting it, u bring it to a fitting shop and rearrange all the specs. Price of a Homma, many ppl know is so damn expensive. it is overrated with the price. but underrated with the specs. the one and only good thing about Homma,s are. they are well assembly by Clubfitters not production workers. the stars will tell u the standard of assembly. if just funny, why do they have to 24k plated the logo.
cheers mate
Back to top Go down
jloo61
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Using Giken, Miurasium or international model is no different from the made, is not softer at all, all the same, is the CG of the irons. Japan model plays a higher trajectory and international model a mid trajectory.
Go to torquegolf n test it out. Cheers Mate
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:27 pm

what is your take on MP52 Mizuno (refurbished)?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Duval_S wrote:
what is your take on MP52 Mizuno (refurbished)?

don't OT. this is miura thread
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:56 pm

jloo61 wrote:
Using Giken, Miurasium or international model is no different from the made, is not softer at all, all the same, is the CG of the irons. Japan model plays a higher trajectory and international model a mid trajectory.

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm afraid I don't play the irons well enough to notice the trajectory and I also believe that part of that depends on your shaft (kickpoint etc.) In any case, I do like the Miuras as they are soft when hit nicely. Then again, my Mizunos also feel nice when hit correctly. I think all clubs feel nice when hit correctly.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:58 pm

jloo61 wrote:

Thx for the feedback mate...

I do agree when u said MG n Miura Intl having same feel as most likely they r using the same material, but forging process Im not too sure...

But in terms of CG, the only apple to apple comparison will be the PP-9003(Intl) n the PP-9003(MG). Care to share any link on these 2 mentioned models on the CG n that the MG set will give higher trajectory? TIA...

Btw, I suppose all the Miura Intl model are retrofit or re-engineer from older model of the MG series... The closest or easiest set to tell from will be the CB-501. Is it a retrofit or re-engineer from the 1996 MG CB-1003(which has discontinued production in Japan)? Correct me if Im wrong...

Back to top Go down
jloo61
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:40 am

hi 3131T
I think ur correct, the 501 has been re design n re engineer.
Feel is the same, forging is also the same, they did change the CG.
I have swing the PP(intl) n PP(MG) both same shaft, shimada.
they does have slight different in trajectory.
Pls do go n test it urself and see which trajectory height is better for urself.
Loft angle can help u in anyway with the trajectory.
Cheers mate
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:51 am

jloo61 wrote:
hi 3131T
I think ur correct, the 501 has been re design n re engineer.
Feel is the same, forging is also the same, they did change the CG.
I have swing the PP(intl) n PP(MG) both same shaft, shimada.
they does have slight different in trajectory.
Pls do go n test it urself and see which trajectory height is better for urself.
Loft angle can help u in anyway with the trajectory.
Cheers mate

Ok, understand...

Thx for sharing... Beer
Back to top Go down
rkangrah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:39 pm

at last, I got a chance to look at Miura giken PP9003 closely. They are clearly for high handicap because the head is kinda bigger than most iron I have played. Plus there is a generous amount of offset but not too much. I have to try hit this first and then decide If I becoming a Miura player or not.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:47 pm

rkangrah wrote:

at last, I got a chance to look at Miura giken PP9003 closely. They are clearly for high handicap because the head is kinda bigger than most iron I have played. Plus there is a generous amount of offset but not too much. I have to try hit this first and then decide If I becoming a Miura player or not.

Dont be surprised that you gained 5m-7m from each iron

haha
Back to top Go down
rkangrah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:14 pm

I want to share the view at address of Miura PP9003 with you guys:
Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 Witb310

Very thin topline with good offset. Just about perfect.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:19 pm

rkangrah wrote:

Miura top line is so sexy... just like those catwalk models...

PP Intl n PP MG same?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:30 pm

3131T wrote:
rkangrah wrote:

PP Intl n PP MG same?

i heard the irons can help you change name from Henry to Jeffrey.....
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 pm

slinger wrote:
3131T wrote:
rkangrah wrote:

PP Intl n PP MG same?

i heard the irons can help you change name from Henry to Jeffrey.....

I wish Im Jeffery mann bro... But far from it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need input from Miura Owners   Need input from Miura Owners - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need input from Miura Owners
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3