Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids

Go down 
+14
cihcih
IGT
suirattigas
duffader
zhenxua
Denis
shamusan
Birdman
scottycollector
hkhamateur
pushslice
mloy
eiji
sunny
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids Empty
PostSubject: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids 56096711

The 913 series need no further introduction as everyone has witnessed how Rory bombed it away with his recent wins. According to Titleist, they are designed and built for more speed and more distance.

Those with the 910s, which are very good clubs to begin with, would be wondering what is the difference and if it is worth investing to upgrade the clubs. Let’s take a look at those major differences.

Firstly, for the 913 drivers, the face insert is thinner and tapers to fit the body thickness. The aesthetic part may yet persuade everyone to ditch their 910s but there’s more. The new 913s are designed to be more forgiving giving an average of 1mph more speed when hit off-centers. That’s good news for all of us who could not hit the sweet spot as consistently as a pro.

There are changes to the SureFit Tour weights are redesigned to optimize the CG for speed and forgiveness. In fact, the word “forgiveness” kept coming up during the entire introduction that you would probably guess the direction Titleist is taking with their clubs.

We are also told that the D2 driver and D3 drivers now have similar launch condition. Previously for the 910s, D2 has more spin and launch higher than the D3. So what’s the key difference between the 913 D2 and D3? The answer given is that D2 is designed for forgiveness and D3 is designed for workability.

The introduction of the 913 FW and Hybrids did surprise some people as the new adjustable SFT hosel isn’t compatible with the 910s (you may not reuse the old shaft). However, Titleist is quick to point out that they have debated greatly on this and decided that the very significant improvement in performance outweighs the benefit of making it compatible with the old hosel.

After the introduction, we had the privilege to try out the clubs at the range and on the course. I tried the D2 to check if the launch angle is indeed lower. I had never liked the D2 for I have a lot of spin on my balls that tend to balloon my shots. This time, the D2 worked like magic. It indeed played like the D3 except that it is very forgiving. In fact, I can see why the word forgiveness was mentioned so often. The club is as forgiving with many other clubs which claim forgiveness as its strength.

I also tried a couple of shafts including the stock Titleist Bassara W 50 and it surprising feels rather good. For someone who doesn’t want to force their swing too much or those who prefer lighter shaft, this one certainly doesn’t feel like a cheap stock and is certainly worth the while for you to give it a serious try.

All in all, I can say that I am very pleased with the new clubs and I can see why Rory did not hesitate to take them to the tour. The 913 drivers would be available in November and the FW and Hybrids next year.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:25 pm

The question I think most GRians wanna ask is...

WHEN is GR getting the DEMO clubs for loan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:26 pm

We are working out with Titleist to have members demo the clubs prior to launch. Details would be out soon.

As for demo clubs, certainly it has to wait till launch but we would definitely request for them.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Do it during starry starry night where we can meet up and try them.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Hoping Titleist SEA will offer the chance to demo range of Titleist clubs at the Spore open again.

Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Can't wait man! Rolling Eyes
Tks GR Team. cheers
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:56 pm

according to golfgreedy, there's a titleist demo day at marina bay this thursday at 6pm. i assume that will only include the 910s?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:23 pm

If I may add on my observations...

The new 913 series was met with enthusiasm by the golf journalists in attendance at the media launch, with many remarking on the noticeable improvement in performance over the previous generation of clubs.

For me, the star of the 913 series is the driver. It retains the classic look and performance preferred by the better golfer yet manages to increase the forgiveness factor to reach out to the aspiring golfer.

Translation - the 913 drivers perform for a wider range of handicaps than before.

It's a given that Titleist drivers perform for the faster swing. So it is remarkable to see how a few twists of the torque wrench transforms the 913 D2 into a launch machine for the golfer with slower swing speeds. The secret is the Titleist Bassara W 50 stock shaft that comes into impact with a whiplike kick that remains stable enough to keep dispersion tight. Golfers with swing speeds into the mid 90s should still be able to find the fairway with little increase in dispersion, that's how stable the shaft is. Just ask Sunny, who swings much harder than me (my swing speed is only in the mid 80s).

Impact with the ball has now been tuned to sound and feel even more explosive than before through improved acoustic engineering. The word is sweet!

The 913 D3 features a 445cc classic pear shaped head and is available in lofts of 7.5, 8.5, 9.5 and 10.5 degrees.

Stock shafts are 45 inches and include the Aldila RIP Phenom 60 (Stiff/Mid), Diamana + White 72 (Stiff/Low), Diamana + Blue 62 (Reg,Stiff/Mid) and GDI BB-6 (Stiff/Low,Mid).

The 913 D2 features a 460cc full pear shaped head and is available in lofts of 7.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, and 12 degrees.

Stock shafts are 45 inches and include the Aldila RIP Phenom 60 (Stiff/Mid), Diamana + White 72 (Stiff/Low), Diamana + Blue 62 (Reg,Stiff/Mid), Titleist Bassara W 50 (Snr,Reg,Stiff/High), Titleist Bassara W 40 (Ladies/High), GDI BB-6 (Stiff Reg,Stiff/Low,Mid), and GDI BB-5 (Reg 1/Mid,High).

Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:53 pm

these are very good drivers and i have to say that the 913 D3 is very forgiving and is very good for the golfer with too much spin...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:59 pm

shamusan wrote:
these are very good drivers and i have to say that the 913 D3 is very forgiving and is very good for the golfer with too much spin...

The killerwhale who spins his driver like a wedge has spoken. 'Nuff said! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Denis

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Like Titleist
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:42 pm

any comparison between the 913 and 910?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:53 pm

the D2 launches lower for 913 compared to 910.

The 913 clubs are all more forgiving.

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:53 pm

zhenxua wrote:
any comparison between the 913 and 910?

Back to top Go down
suirattigas
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:01 am

Nice write up... Was trying my bud's 910 d2 today.. And was wow by it.. And now this 913... Drooling.. Looking forward to demo day. D-day.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:32 am

913 D3 remains 445CC?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 am

Yes. 445
Back to top Go down
cihcih
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:47 am

When will be available in SG?
Back to top Go down
JimB976
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 am

loving my 913 d2 10.5 driver

Hitting it longer than anything previous and ball flight is much "prettier" with mid to high traj and soft draw. Played at a lovely course while in South Africa this week and have impressed myself by just how well this club works for me
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:49 am

JimB976 wrote:

Hitting it longer than anything previous and ball flight is much "prettier" with mid to high traj and soft draw. Played at a lovely course while in South Africa this week and have impressed myself by just how well this club works for me

Nice to hear that...

So i guess not much of negative feedback of 913... anyone?
Back to top Go down
golfjunkie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
golfjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:57 am

i'm hoping to try out the 913 drivers later at MBGC.

titleist hardly ever get it wrong for their drivers. can't say the same about their FWs though, which are usually not as forgiving as other manufacturers'
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:57 am

3131T wrote:
JimB976 wrote:

Nice to hear that...

Just buy la....

Dont talk have talk no have...
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:03 am

andrew-golf wrote:
3131T wrote:
JimB976 wrote:

Nice to hear that...

Just buy la....

Ive to think for 6 months... Reason told u ytd.... ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 am

3131T wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
3131T wrote:
JimB976 wrote:

Nice to hear that...

Just buy la....

Ive to think for 6 months... Reason told u ytd.... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hahahahaa

Just make sure ROBIN dont take any more of the budget from you...
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:10 am

andrew-golf wrote:

Hahahahaa

Just make sure ROBIN dont take any more of the budget from you...

Robin character changing from good to evil...

Now he rob both the rich n the poor...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids   Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titleist Introduces 913 Drivers, Fairways & Hybrids
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next