Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?

Go down 
+7
Technospaz
Lukewa
Mizuno
jaketang
weesern
ironfist
Birdman
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? Empty
PostSubject: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:23 pm

Came across this cool divot tool called the Champ Flip Fix II. The logo is also a ball marker.

Anyone know if it's available here? If not, is there anyone heading to the US can help me get a couple?

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs243.snc1/9031_1270607083161_1169371831_30835914_4411868_s.jpg
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Sigh, still haven't got the hang of it. Thinks this should be the picture.

Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? 9031_1270607083161_1169371831_30835914_4411868_s
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:32 pm

hwah looks like a velociraptor's claw! cool..
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:39 pm

saw it at golfhouse suntec, going for $21.90
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:44 pm

ooo.. what about the scotty pivot tool? how much does that retail for? (don't mind me asking..)
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:09 am

Oh cool, now no need to hunt down in the US. Cheers Weesern! Yippee!

Ironfist, the SC pivot tool if I remember correctly is around $25. Saw them before at Panwest Jalan Pemimpin long time ago. Overpriced in my opinion. But cool la...

Another cool one is the Oakley divot tool which comes free with selected tops or bottoms. Seen it at World of Golf also for $25 with a magnetic ball marker that's surprisingly badly designed. Hard to remove with one hand. If you clip on your cap, you must push it towards the left side of the cap if the marker is on the right side.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:45 am

cool thanks birdman. Smile

this velociraptor's claw looks really good lah! and i don't use a SC putter so a SC pivot tool would be kinda out of place. haha

i'll look out for this when i get the chance! Smile
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:24 am

u sure they let u off if check in the golf bag at the custom? hehehe
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:58 am

Headlines "Plane hijacked by golfer with ironfists and divot tool used for grass!"

That will be a first....
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:00 am

looks like the blades dropped off from wolverine's hands... hahahaha

fierce!!!!! swee!!!1
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:47 am

Hee hee, by coincidence, got a friend in Ngee Ann City now. Going to check if the velociraptor/woverine's claws available at the Golf House there.

Feels like I'm destined to have this.

I discover the tool, post on forum where to find yesterday, then got reply here available at Golf House, today friend sms me at Ngee Ann City.... all the pieces coming together with right timing some more.
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:53 am

may be I shld go check out at GH Suntec during lunch, before the next marshal chases me out of the course by using 2 long tees to repair the green ball mark.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Lukewa
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi there,

Nike divot tool comes with two ball markers and is retailing for $25.00

You can get it our shop for only $15.00 (Cash Payment).

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:32 pm

Mizuno, did you manage to pop by Golf House to check if it's available?
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:30 am

haha my friend wore this necklace with a mini knuckle duster as the pendant and she kena scolded by the customs officer! haha we were complaining you needed to have microscopic hands to be able to use them lah! so no chance these claws are getting by customs.. Very Happy

Lukewa; are you referring to the Nike VR Divot Tool?

and how birdman did you get it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:43 am

The customs officer must have seen the Austin Powers movie la. Came across Mini Me so scold Ur friend lor... knuckle duster is a knuckle duster according to the law, don't matter what size it is, hahaha...... For us plebians, black is black and white is white.

As for the velociraptor claw, o man, was the pitch fix they had instead at Golf Houes Taka. Called Golf House Suntec and they were out of stock, apparently very popular. But got referred to Marina Square branch, struck gold there. Reserved already. Tomorrow going down to get. Makes more sense than the Scotty Cameron one la which is $35 and the coating comes off. The Flip Fix II is only $21.90 and way cooler.

Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? 31kT9EZuzqL._SL500_AA280_
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:48 am

ooo.. marina square. got it. Smile thanks for posioning me!

and yeah i was eyeing the SC pivot tool in black but it looked like the paint would wear.. one thing i don't like abt the claw is the ugly CHAMP logo on it. if only they weren't so obvious with the brand name..
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:52 am

Birdman wrote:
Mizuno, did you manage to pop by Golf House to check if it's available?

Didn't see any at GH Suntec, on my way back passed by GH Funan (2nd floor), saw one there @ $21+.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:08 am

Thanks Mizuno, I'll be popping by Marina to get them later today. 2, in case I lose one. Sounds like they not bringing in any more of these when I spoke to the salesperson.

And let me poison you further Ironfist. Good news! The logo is a magnetised ball marker, can be removed, so no logo lor!

Or alternatively, look up Flip Fix on the net and see if they sell direct without the Champ logo on it. I believe the they OEM for Champ.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:11 am

Guess I was wrong, just tried to look it up, only the Champ version comes out.

Aiyah, just take the ball marker, then to ur liking oredi.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:02 am

Would the swiss army golf too be better, i.e. the one which has golf implements including the divot tool repairer?

Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? 519H3DX50PL._SS400_
(From Amazon.com)
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 am

I'm playing golg TS, not going for survival training... Hopefully my jungle days are over, lol. got toothpick and tweezers some more....
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:42 am

Birdman wrote:
Thanks Mizuno, I'll be popping by Marina to get them later today. 2, in case I lose one. Sounds like they not bringing in any more of these when I spoke to the salesperson.

And let me poison you further Ironfist. Good news! The logo is a magnetised ball marker, can be removed, so no logo lor!

Or alternatively, look up Flip Fix on the net and see if they sell direct without the Champ logo on it. I believe the they OEM for Champ.

No no the ball marker poison has less effect on me... recently I bought super strong mini magnets from www.dealextreme.com, use the super elephant glue on one or two, stick them on a coin, and viola! DIY marker. (the base clip on the cap remains the same) ** cheapskate ** Razz

Just made one using the cant-use-anymore Marina Golf Range token (not MBGC), that range was closed making way for IR.
Back to top Go down
hoelwill
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
hoelwill

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:48 am

Hi all,

now we 'have' the tool, next is the 'method'

How do we actually use the divot tool 'properly'?

For me, i just poke the pitch mark many times till like a bee hive, and until it look flat on the surface...
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:54 am

Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? {ccc4c805-6c79-470e-be7d-28bca6182912}01
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?   Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for this Cool Divot Tool, Anyone Know?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next