Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keppel Club (Good to buy???)

Go down 
+10
Beckhen
Angchug
Begbie
nientsu
samT
enwee
mUAr_cHEe
Aloyboy
pushslice
playlikepro
14 posters
AuthorMessage
playlikepro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
playlikepro

Keppel Club (Good to buy???) Empty
PostSubject: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:49 am

I have a question to ask... and I hope that all here can help answer...

I have been told by a few friends and also a few people I've played with that Keppel Club is a good club to buy....

Can anyone advise on this... I think the price for membership is quite okay... the transfer fee is high but .... really worth it???

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:27 am

Please read two threads below yours...all discussed there.

There's also keppel vs seletar thread.
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:39 am

Wah caddie in action! Hahaha
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:25 am

I know the course layout well Laughing

But these days people prefer XMM caddies over old guys...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 am

pls remember that usually transfer fee is paid by the seller.

unless u intend to treat your KC purchase as an investment, you have nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:40 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
pls remember that usually transfer fee is paid by the seller.

unless u intend to treat your KC purchase as an investment, you have nothing to worry about.
Investment? I doubt anyone will make profit from club sales nowadays. To TS, if you need it then buy.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:51 am

playlikepro wrote:

I have been told by a few friends and also a few people I've played with that Keppel Club is a good club to buy....

Can anyone advise on this... I think the price for membership is quite okay... the transfer fee is high but .... really worth it???

Thanks!!
I think Keppel is probably the cheapest around. If you have the cash to put a few tens of thousands, why not? Don't bother with transfer fee, that's the seller's problem. Just check out Keppel's future plan, I understand it has a limited lease left on the land it sits on, and there is firm plan to move it out of the prime location. This could mean some kind of top-up for the new place by existing members.

BTW, you played the course before? Good to check it out to see if you like it too. No point buy cheap and then complain about it later. Seletar is another worthy option to consider, just slightly more ex.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:53 am

samT wrote:
playlikepro wrote:

Thanks!!
I think Keppel is probably the cheapest around. If you have the cash to put a few tens of thousands, why not? Don't bother with transfer fee, that's the seller's problem. Just check out Keppel's future plan, I understand it has a limited lease left on the land it sits on, and there is firm plan to move it out of the prime location. This could mean some kind of top-up for the new place by existing members.

BTW, you played the course before? Good to check it out to see if you like it too. No point buy cheap and then complain about it later. Seletar is another worthy option to consider, just slightly more ex.
Btw I heard that Laguna price also coming down...anyone confirmed?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:59 am

Think there was some newspaper article. They are increasing subscription and membership fee to fund for their new hotel project or something. Members i think got to top up cash or shop out. So they not very pleased about it.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:02 am

pushslice wrote:

We already have another XMM caddy in GR.

She is "Mloy"
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:07 am

Begbie wrote:
pushslice wrote:

She is "Mloy"

I answer for Mloy okie?

"Begbie. You watch out. For this, you going to give me 6-6!!"
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:07 am

enwee wrote:
samT wrote:
playlikepro wrote:

Thanks!!

There was a recent report about Laguna. Go check it out to get more info. Or perhaps GR members who are Laguna members can share the insider story.

Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:09 am

enwee wrote:
samT wrote:
playlikepro wrote:

Thanks!!

There was a recent report about Laguna. Go check it out to get more info. Or perhaps GR members who are Laguna members can share the insider story.

Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:20 am

nientsu wrote:
Begbie wrote:
pushslice wrote:

She is "Mloy"

I answer for Mloy okie?

"Begbie. You watch out. For this, you going to give me 6-6!!"

Pls hor "Mloy" is the most beautiful golfer that I know in GR.

Nothing to watch out for lor.. instead she must give me 7-7
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 am

@Enwee,

Check this out. http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/laguna-golf-club-gets-lease-extension-till-2040

Details in ST 14Aug Home section.
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Golf club membership cannot be considered as investment. As long as you can afford, near your house and you are crazy over it then go for it. If you play 2 or more per week then private club is cheaper. Not to worry about kaki. It's very easy to find new kaki in private club. Lots of retiree to mix with. Most of them are very friendly. You were be surprise many of them are single handicapper.
Back to top Go down
playlikepro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
playlikepro

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 pm

I've played KC a couple if times... especially like the 11th hole. Birdied that twice.

Thanks for the tip about seller paying transfer fees. I did not know that. I'm sure quite a few of the brudders here also didn't know but keeping quiet. Smile

I have seen any future plans for KC. I don't even think the members know... that is what is bugging me.
Back to top Go down
Beckhen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:37 pm

playlikepro wrote:
I've played KC a couple if times... especially like the 11th hole. Birdied that twice.

Thanks for the tip about seller paying transfer fees. I did not know that. I'm sure quite a few of the brudders here also didn't know but keeping quiet. Smile

I have seen any future plans for KC. I don't even think the members know... that is what is bugging me.

haha same.. and also not sure about the cost involved IF they really have to relocate.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Beckhen wrote:
playlikepro wrote:

haha same.. and also not sure about the cost involved IF they really have to relocate.

Any transfer wont be cheap... i am just guessing but it can be 10-30k then on top the increment of month subs.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Beckhen wrote:
playlikepro wrote:

Hi Hi guys..

There are many KC members here.. Maybe they would know better than me..

From what I know, they are definitely moving out for obvious reasons.. And from what I know, the land was from PSA and thus KC would not be paid for the land when they move..

There are several rumors about where it would move to, including taking over a 18 holes from SICC...

Regardless so, I heard it would be at least $40k top up for each existing member when that happens...

As many of our good brothers mentioned, before you buy that club, there are many things you have to consider..

You can check out some things in this similar thread

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t18068p15-not-another-which-club-should-i-join-thread

Personally, I would want a club I know I feel so at ease in, I love the course, I can find some friends to play in, and I know I won't sell it cos I like it so much...

Feel free to PM me if you need any help bro..

cheers

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:10 pm

sometimes we think too much.... the mind does like to create such havoc in our decision making

its good that sometimes we go with our heart.....

just like a friend of mine when it comes to buying car....

one day suppose to go to his clubfitter, then decide to take a turn to PM showroom....

next thing he knows, he got himself a spanking new car...

ask him whats his monthly loan....

he say "i dun know, i just follow my heart"

Be my friend..... follow your heart, dun think too much

u like..... just buy

afro

Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 pm

U mean the $220k BMW from PML?

Wished I was 'broke' like him.
Back to top Go down
Beckhen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Woah.. Just pop by PML like I pop by Mac drive thru.. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:55 pm

slinger wrote:
sometimes we think too much.... the mind does like to create such havoc in our decision making

its good that sometimes we go with our heart.....

just like a friend of mine when it comes to buying car....

one day suppose to go to his clubfitter, then decide to take a turn to PM showroom....

next thing he knows, he got himself a spanking new car...

ask him whats his monthly loan....

he say "i dun know, i just follow my heart"

Be my friend..... follow your heart, dun think too much

u like..... just buy

afro

Cheers Jump

Like your style bro!! My kind !!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club (Good to buy???)   Keppel Club (Good to buy???) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keppel Club (Good to buy???)
Page 1 of 1