Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keppel Club range

Go down 
+8
InTheHole!
addirk
iuh
marmarchen
willytan
jasGolf
Khorkar
kyle.ang
12 posters
AuthorMessage
kyle.ang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Anyone knows how much it costs for one range card at Keppel club's range?

Thanks in Advance !

cheers! Beer
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 pm

The range cards is a few dollars, i think its about 5 i think. The only draw back is that if you are a non-member, you will need to validate before you withdraw the balls. Other than that you are ok. Its not very crowded place. Please decent atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
jasGolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jasGolf

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:16 pm

Note No free carpark there

Can cost alot after hrs of range + tkss

Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:01 am

Hi,

Was there at the range earlier this morning as I stay near the area.

The charges for non member is $10 - 63 ball or $0.15 per ball and the parking is $2 per hr.

Any keppel member can spare me a range card???
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 7:32 pm

$0.15 a ball is ridiculously expensive... the balls at Keppel are old and not nice to hit. Coupled with the parking charges... I think Keppel is way over-priced. Think they are just trying to keep it non-members out!
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Oh just want to add that the parking charges for the multi-storey and the outdoor carpark are different too.. $2/hr is the cheaper rate for the multi-storey. Did not realise this before, parked at the open air carpark for over 2 ours and it was like $9 or something like that.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Ya, you are spot on!!!

Members rate is 0.04 -0.05 per ball as compared to non member's rate of 0.15 per ball!
My parking this am for ard 1.30hrs costed $4.15.
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:54 pm

marmarchen wrote:
$0.15 a ball is ridiculously expensive... the balls at Keppel are old and not nice to hit. Coupled with the parking charges... I think Keppel is way over-priced. Think they are just trying to keep it non-members out!

No doubt it is not as reasonable as other places but the balls are definitely not old and in fact they are changed regularly

Its a nice, quiet and convenient location if you dont mind paying abit more

Back to top Go down
addirk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
addirk

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 am

Keppel also washes their range balls, hence less chance of dirt getting into the grooves of your irons
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:49 am

Yes, I will have to admit that Keppel uses better range balls as compared to the other ranges I visited. I was quite surprised that I m able to hit distances close to what I hit on the green.

The range is also rather quiet on the wkend morning when I visted. Overall it is a very good place for practice but the price of ball n carparking might be the turning off for ppl to the location.
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:27 am

I am a Keppel member. Yes, I believe that the intention of the higher range charges and the car park charges are mean to address the potential issue of the range facilities being used by too many non-members. Keppel range is a stone's throw away from Reflections condo, and its just a 150M walk from Reflections condo's side gate. Without these charges, members could potentially be deprived of range bays etc.
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
iuh

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:23 am

InTheHole! wrote:
I am a Keppel member. Yes, I believe that the intention of the higher range charges and the car park charges are mean to address the potential issue of the range facilities being used by too many non-members. Keppel range is a stone's throw away from Reflections condo, and its just a 150M walk from Reflections condo's side gate. Without these charges, members could potentially be deprived of range bays etc.

I am not a member. . And I dun see anything wrong with the intent. . Laughing
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 6:43 pm

willytan wrote:
Hi,

Was there at the range earlier this morning as I stay near the area.

The charges for non member is $10 - 63 ball or $0.15 per ball and the parking is $2 per hr.

Any keppel member can spare me a range card???

No point if a member gives you a range card because when you top up, you will be asked to present your membership card.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:21 am

Even with high charges, the carpark is full! Range also full on weekends.

Better to charge higher rate as the rich in the reflections can afford to pay. This protects the members (who pay monthly fee) so that they will not be deprived of using the facilities.

Price = F(demand,supply)

up price = down demand until the point where the range and carpark is not crowded. As long as it is crowded, means that there is room for the price to keep going up.
Back to top Go down
zyl107
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:22 pm

For non-members going to keppel, please DO NOT park at the members car park. The parking will kill you. Its like 4-8 bucks per hour! Friend accidentally did it and was very painful for him...
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Yes agreed. Members Carpark = Open Air Carpark. Always wiping out my cash card!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:10 pm

marmarchen wrote:
Yes agreed. Members Carpark = Open Air Carpark. Always wiping out my cash card!

So why didnt u park at guest car park? U all are members or guests?
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:35 pm

I am a guest. First time I blindly turned in not knowing the rates were different. The other time, I was left with no choice as it was a weekend, think there was a wedding going on and the visitor car park was totally full.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keppel Club range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keppel Club range   Keppel Club range I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keppel Club range
Page 1 of 1