Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012

Go down 
+14
chien
WILL33
asahi
3131T
Aloyboy
Christo72
Najibapark
sob
hkhamateur
zhenxua
pushslice
peace2903
enwee
Golf Punk
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Wow....to me its ex la. Wink
Dun think e goodie bag + lunch buffet can cover e Tournament fee lor. Laughing
I m goin to miss this game!:-D Cool
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:08 pm

The G30 iridium will make it a bit higher priced I think but I agree, it is not worth buying Oakley in Singapore, if you have a way of getting it from US.. Not only this brand but brands like Tumi (bags) for example the price here is more than twice that in US. In this globalized world where there are those services like Globetrotter, Vpost, borderlinx, I am not sure what the so called product managers are thinking in pricing the goods. But hey I might be wrong, people still buy Razz

Anyway Oakley Golfday has always been expensive but if I remember it right I think 400-500 the last two years. With Masters and Serapong probably will justify to push that right onto 600... It's fun, just that I didn't remember the last 9 very clearly last year... Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:57 pm

$650? Too rich for my blood.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Thread cleaned up.

Thanks all for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Oaks cost between 95 -170 pounds in the UK. If anyone is interested next time I come back, I can bring them back . Just tell me the model number and stuff. No point paying top dollar and getting ripped off by our local retailers. Time to show them competitive pricing is the way to move forward.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:22 pm

riverdeity wrote:
Oaks cost between 95 -170 pounds in the UK. If anyone is interested next time I come back, I can bring them back . Just tell me the model number and stuff. No point paying top dollar and getting ripped off by our local retailers. Time to show them competitive pricing is the way to move forward.
+1
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:43 pm

riverdeity wrote:
Actually it's just us getting rip off, I saw the retail in Aust some times ago, abt the same as US internet price.
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Probably, SMEs in sg are still alright , its the large ones.

When i was playing tennis, the same racquet I bought at queensway for 190 is being sold for 410 at e.g. royal sporting house
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:49 am

Hole by Hole Guide

Reminiscent of so many of the world’s greatest short par 4s, like #1 at Prestwick (venue of the first eight Open Championships and a Tom Morris gem), #15 at Royal Dornoch, #4 at Spyglass and #3 at The National Golf Links. The first of four short, fascinating and fun par 4s on the front 9.

A power par 4, a la #9 at Carnoustie and #9 at Whistling Straits. Perfect complement to the starting hole. Will hold its own against any in the world.

A terrifying and intimidating 305-yard par 3, similar to #8 at Oakmont, site of eight U.S. Opens. In the 1920s they played 250-yard par 3s despite significantly inferior drivers and woods. Even today’s pros will have a decision to make: Go for the green with all he has, or lay up for an up and down.

A great par 5 with meandering waste bunkers and depth-perception challenges. Some characteristics drawn from #2 at Joondalup Quarry and #2 at Kiawah Island’s Ocean Course, with its beautiful long and meandering sand valleys throughout the entire hole. The Moab bunker is long and to the left of first landing area, in tribute to its sister in Australia.

A combination of possibly the best short par 4 in the world (#13 at Cypress Point) and the most fun (#7 at Cruden Bay). At least five different and strategic ways to play this hole to a table-top green, where the 64-degree wedge will be a club of choice.

Not unlike #1 at The National Golf Links, maybe the best pure golf course in the U.S. A short, strategic hole that tempts the golfer to drive the green at great peril. Bailing right leaves a blind shot towards water.

Just like two of the most famous, finest, straightforward (and yet potentially deadliest!) short par 3s in golf—#7 at Royal Troon (the “Postage Stamp”) and #10 at Pine Valley—it’s pure.

The partially hidden green flows down back and away to a partially hidden pin. Characteristics of #8 at Lahinch and #15 at North Berwick, famous for the very first Redan green.

Akin to #4 at St. Andrews and #16 at Shinnecock Hills—two par 5s key to winning the Open Championship and U.S. Open, respectively. This is their equal, with a big, bold, rolling fairway and an exciting, Tom Morris-style green to match.

Possessing a huge cross “Cardinal Bunker” (an Old Tom Morris original), before twisting and splitting like #18 at Whistling Straits. A challenging way to begin the back.

A stout par 3 that calls to mind #12 at Waterville, for its elevated tee and elevated green. Not unlike #5 at Fishers Island and #14 at Bethpage Black, either.

Like #4 at Bethpage Black and #11 at Sawgrass—great par 5s, reversed, that can be reached in two if strategically executed correctly. The start of the three “Canal Turn” holes.

A long and strong par 4 with huge “WOW” factor, similar to #11 at Ballybunion and #4 at Pine Barrens World Woods. Incredible sea views across the canal, and from the fairway. The green is one of the most unforgettable in the world—a double rainbow green (the one and only!) designed and built in honor to Andy’s late brother Matt, who truly loved life, his family and the game of golf.

Taking from #9 at Maidstone Club and #2 at Waterville—classic examples of varied and deep bunkering. The moment the golfer reaches the fairway, he realizes he has arrived at one of the truly magnificent and elegant holes in golf. Special.

Just think #7 at Pine Valley, the largest waste bunker in the world. The World Classic’s waste bunker is bigger, longer and frames the entire hole tee to the mountain-top green. A true, three-shot par 5 and the beginning of the home stretch. Call it the Dragon’s Fire!

Augusta National has big rolling fairways and greens with big movement. This hole has that as well, and “Kwee’s Creek,” flowing along and in front of the green. The green slopes back to front, so watch the balls struck just a little too firm go from the back of the green slowly and painfully down the slope into the creek. The best two-shot par a golfer can find, a la #12 at Augusta and #6 at The Golf Club.

Risk-reward golf doesn’t come more pure than #17 at Sawgrass, the most photographed hole in the world. This #17 is “next-gen” golf and totally different in all respects than Sawgrass… except that it too plays to an island green. It is back-dropped by a larger amphitheater and possesses a green three times as big, with large movement for testing putts—pure golf adrenaline! Agony and ecstasy every time it is played!

A combination of so many great finishing holes—Ballybunion, Pine Valley, Pinehurst No. 2, Winged Foot and Crooked Stick. Truly great courses always have a memorable and strong finishing hole that sternly tests a golfers’ skills and nerves. It is a change-of-score hole, with a green inspired by the beautiful craftsmanship of the greens of Pinehurst No. 2—another individual work of great detail, diversity and artistry. Simple, yet complex.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 am

Thats not a guide...more a marketing material
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:09 am

this is for my opponents today
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:22 am

i hope you guys shoot below 90 today and that score is really not bad if its your first time out (at whatever handicap you are at)

have fun at the Classic today. don't be afraid of the bunkers, if you think otherwise you may be F____D.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012   Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watch out for Oakley Golf Day 2012
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2