Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTS: Life is short, must buy.

Go down 
+16
BigblackGoof
watermyforrest
jimmychoo
mowen
mUAr_cHEe
hkhamateur
dylan
Roystonnn
jurongtiger
peace2903
Kengnam
3131T
slinger
Khorkar
billi
TigaWood
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

WTS: Life is short, must buy. Empty
PostSubject: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:11 pm

I was amused by the prices

WTS: Life is short, must buy. Imagetfzh

WTS: Life is short, must buy. Imageyjp

WTS: Life is short, must buy. Imagerni

Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:15 pm

From media-ya supermarket ? Super nice .love the grape
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:23 pm

I've tried the melons before in Thailand...they are freaking delicious...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Khorkar wrote:

78Baht or dollar??!!!
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Ha ha... I can almost play 3 games at kranji...
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Eat them today,let go tml...

Better use those $ to by clubs...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:02 pm

slinger wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

78Baht or dollar??!!!

If recall, it was something like 100-200 baht.... seriously dirt cheap as the golf course is next to the melon farm
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:38 pm

These are not ordinary fruits, ok! They are bionic fruits, carefully radioactivated & selected for exports. Some says u can drive 300 yards after eating & some says u can glow in the dark while playing night golf! Very Happy

Crazy man!!!

For those who have eaten, do provide some reviews... Is it worth it?!!!!
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:40 pm

I like melons in thailand. Juicy, succulent and ripe
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:00 pm

They mus hav forgotten to convert the yen price tag to sgd...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:17 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
I like melons in thailand. Juicy, succulent and ripe

Is it? I stationed there for a year, I didn't fine any leh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
dylan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Not too sure about the grape and water melon though, but the rock melon is freaking delicious. The after taste is like wine / whiskey tasting. Price is crazy but the experience of eating it is crazier imo. I however bought it from a direct supplier who guarantee the experience and not from the supermarket. It has been a monthly rock melon tasting for me for the past 2 years.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 am

Wow...wat a price!! Shocked
If, if reali buy, skins oso go into my stomach lor! Razz
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:53 am

Certain things are indeed priced differently. But these are to cater to a different set of customers.

The regular joe with the untrained tongue and tastebuds would not be able to taste the difference between that $99 rock melon and the $3 one selling at the wet markets. At best, they can do is "one is sweeter than the other."

Personally, I only wish there are more stuff like these available in Singapore. I am still looking for Fresh Wild Caught Salmon from the Pacific area. I am not looking for the frozen kind but preferably chilled and understandably air-flown. Do let me know if you know where to find some.

Then again, all these are acquired taste, not everyone can appreciate "smelly beancurd", Foie Gras, lamb cheeks or blue cheese. So I of course do not expect everyone to agree and even understand the point I am trying to put across.

It is similar to your golf stuff and understanding really. Give a food critic a forged iron and cast iron. Let him hit some balls and ask him if there is any difference between the 2 clubs.

just my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:07 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Certain things are indeed priced differently. But these are to cater to a different set of customers.

The regular joe with the untrained tongue and tastebuds would not be able to taste the difference between that $99 rock melon and the $3 one selling at the wet markets. At best, they can do is "one is sweeter than the other."

Personally, I only wish there are more stuff like these available in Singapore. I am still looking for Fresh Wild Caught Salmon from the Pacific area. I am not looking for the frozen kind but preferably chilled and understandably air-flown. Do let me know if you know where to find some.

Then again, all these are acquired taste, not everyone can appreciate "smelly beancurd", Foie Gras, lamb cheeks or blue cheese. So I of course do not expect everyone to agree and even understand the point I am trying to put across.

It is similar to your golf stuff and understanding really. Give a food critic a forged iron and cast iron. Let him hit some balls and ask him if there is any difference between the 2 clubs.

just my 2 cents...

I love shark fin
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:10 am

mowen wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

just my 2 cents...

I love shark fin

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Beer Beer Beer
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:43 am

I seriously think that the grape is sour one drunken

吃不到葡萄,说葡萄酸
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:43 am

mowen wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

just my 2 cents...

I love shark fin

lol!

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:49 am

I seriously think it's over-priced here... i went Hokkaido for holidays sometime back and most hotels there provide fresh fruits for breakfast and this is one of my wife's favourite fruit there...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:19 am

mowen wrote:
I love shark fin

Yes but remember the cruelty done for that shark fin to end up in your bowl.

I am also not following the cause blindly. For me, my personal belief is all about sustainable sourcing and common sense.

Shark fin was a measure before in ancient Chinese times for one's status. If one can eat Shark Fin, one is then some whom is of importance or financial status. But today in China, one's status is measured by how many luxury goods they have or how many super cars they can crash into innocent victims.

Whaling in the Faroe Islands used to be for survival as the people there had no other food source that is substantial enough to feed the local populace. But in today's world with trade routes and shipping, there isn't such a need anymore.

Whaling in Japan? That to me is senseless. You guys really do not want me to go there.

The Shark population is quickly diminishing due to the high revenue generated by the industry demand and the inability for the population growth to keep up with the fishing. The same idiots in this industry have the common sense to realised that sharks cannot be farmed due to financial and safety issues but they do not have the common sense to realised the upset that they potentially cause for removing the top predators of the food chain. To cut a long story short, if this keeps up, humans better start learning to eat plankton and other microscopic organisms in order to survive.

Again, to each his own, I am just abit put off by the 'standard comments' given in the preceding posts. Thus my outburst.

With this, I would like to deliver my message once again;

Pls stop eating shark fin. When the buying stops, so does the killing. Consumer Power.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:23 am

BigblackGoof wrote:
I seriously think it's over-priced here... i went Hokkaido for holidays sometime back and most hotels there provide fresh fruits for breakfast and this is one of my wife's favourite fruit there...

I do agree with you that it is over priced, just as it is over-cost.

Shipping by sea from Hokkaido to Singapore is going to take a little over a week to reach Singapore. Would you think that the same rock melon would be as freshly available in Singapore just as it is freshly available in Hokkaido?

The only way to compensate this is for the product to be air-freighted over and I am sure you have a rough idea of how much air freight costs over sea freight.

And do you think the importers are going to swallow the difference of the air freight over sea freight? Of course not. Who do you think takes all these costs difference at the end of the day? The consumer of course. Oh. That and of course the mark up that all the middlemen have to put in so that their families can also enjoy that $99 Rock Melon at the end of the day.

Smile
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:26 am

When the buying stops...training begins...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:32 am

OK MC, I have not started eating shark fin nor will I start anytime Very Happy Anyways the mercury level in shark meat is pretty high, isnt it?

but hope I will have the chance to visit JP later this year, I wanna try those melons .
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:33 am

4dtoto wrote:

Do you mean stop buying shark meats off the shelves/restaurant, start learning how to fish? Laughing
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:36 am

pushslice wrote:
4dtoto wrote:

Do you mean stop buying shark meats off the shelves/restaurant, start learning how to fish? Laughing

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTS: Life is short, must buy.   WTS: Life is short, must buy. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTS: Life is short, must buy.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next