Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suffering fm small head syndrome?

Go down 
+8
zip113
shimizu.toruk
Khorkar
HyBriD
pippin
haragolfer
jeffman88
Duval_S
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Suffering fm small head syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:50 am

I had tried to use a big head...but my drives cant be consistent.

When I use small head .... I am more in control.

I had decided to go with small head
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Any reason why that is so? Is it cos w small head u tend to focus and concentrate that smaller hitting area to the ball more?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Yep. My small head does all my thinking for me.......
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:16 pm

small head counts then
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Suffering fm small head syndrome? 2009limited-blade_back

maybe bro Duval just helped Mr Miura make a point when the latter said smaller head easier to hit...

This MIURA “Series 1957” Classic design blade goes through the same forging process which makes the Miura Irons so successful in the consistency of the strike of the ball and in terms of feel.

"I have a special pride in this club," Mr. Miura says. "That's because it's so easy to hit."

A small blade? Easy to hit? In Mr. Miura's innovative mind, it makes sense. He doesn't buy in to the myth that small, blade-like heads have to be hard to hit. Instead, he encourages recreational golfers to try this pleasing design. The smaller size -- 15 percent smaller overall -- makes the clubhead easier to square up at impact. But Mr. Miura was careful to make the face dense and substantial, to deliver a robust impact and an aggressive ball flight.

The smaller head also glides through the turf easily -- and Mr. Miura added key touches in the design to enhance this advantage. For instance, examine the heel and the toe. The corners are ground upward ever so slightly. It's barely enough to notice, but it's enough "relief" to ensure the best path for the club through the turf.

"I'm always looking for new ways to help the recreational player hit the ball more easily," Mr. Miura says. "With this design, you really just have to put your swing on it" -- and here he smiles -- "In a way, we've done the thinking for you, so you can just play and enjoy."

Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:39 pm

just a theory....

it could be that smaller head weight's "lighter" and with a lighter head, plus a shaft that matches your swing speed.

You found the "truth" about your swing.

There are a lot of golfers who uses smaller head. 420 to 450cc and most of them wouldn't changed them becoz they have already solved the mystery of hitting a draw or straight drive.

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:26 pm

DGman did mentioned before, there are some golfers out there which are just able to play with lower CG clubs... may you are one of them.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:44 pm

Tried the Titleist 712 CB Forged at OCC yesterday. Super sweet!! I think I might have been infected with Small Head Syndrome as well (looks at his GI clubs in disgust)...
Back to top Go down
zip113
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:23 pm

is that due to the lightness?
Back to top Go down
a569805
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:32 am

haha yes ... i tried mizuno irons before with really small heads and thin top line ... the feeling it gives can't be expressed in words. you just psychologically have this confidence of not having to worry about missing it and that it's just going to hit the sweet spot.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:30 am

a569805 wrote:
haha yes ... i tried mizuno irons before with really small heads and thin top line ... the feeling it gives can't be expressed in words. you just psychologically have this confidence of not having to worry about missing it and that it's just going to hit the sweet spot.

Hear hear! Beer
Back to top Go down
sywog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:01 am

i think this tread just answered why I'm driving better with my 7 year old driver and cannot get use to new bigger drivers
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm

happen to me when i pay $30 for a Titleist 975d. my drive is much better now. this $30 is worth more than others drivers that cost more
Back to top Go down
UltraGolfNets
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
UltraGolfNets

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:00 pm

i also prefer small head i just dunno why big head makes me drive like sht !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suffering fm small head syndrome?   Suffering fm small head syndrome? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suffering fm small head syndrome?
Page 1 of 1