Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

car hit by golf balls....

Go down 
+9
mUAr_cHEe
4dtoto
Technospaz
daveaha
mervyntan
Seiko
evo5555
sunny
golfer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
golfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

car hit by golf balls.... Empty
PostSubject: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:01 pm

For those who practice at turf club , please dont park your car too near to the "danger landing zone" (along the fence). Your car could be damaged by golf balls. Heard a few incidents within a month. Range owner says his insurance does not cover the damages as they happened outside his premise.
I wonder if someone is injured, who will be responsible? The golfer or range owner....
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:30 pm

I think it will be determined by who got more money and better lawyer.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
evo5555
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:40 pm

sunny wrote:

Laughing i like this statement!!.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:54 pm

sunny wrote:

101% agreed!!
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:55 pm

golfer wrote:
For those who practice at turf club , please dont park your car too near to the "danger landing zone" (along the fence). Your car could be damaged by golf balls. Heard a few incidents within a month. Range owner says his insurance does not cover the damages as they happened outside his premise.
I wonder if someone is injured, who will be responsible? The golfer or range owner....

you are right.. i have sliced a few balls out with my driver before. anyway, the peripherals of that place is quite dangerous. i have hit out of the net both left and right side, not on purpose. left side is football field, it mighht strike someone, left side is cars.

however, just remind yourself not to park along the net and u should be quite fine.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:56 pm

But seriously, if I practice there, then when I hit the ball it went out of the range and hit a car. What will happen ? Does my golf insurance covers it ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:02 am

If your lawyer is on the losing end or you didn't bother then yes. Insurance do cover public liability to a cap. Cars are fine as they are not costly and insurance should be enough. Killing a ceo is another story
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:11 am

daveaha wrote:
But seriously, if I practice there, then when I hit the ball it went out of the range and hit a car. What will happen ? Does my golf insurance covers it ?

i don't believe you are liable in this case. but anyway, this is just what i think lah, it might be different scenario. better ask lawyer
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:14 am

Basically it is a civil case. Injured person will be able to sue both the operator and individual for damages. It is thus a fight between the golfer and operator to see who takes the blame or the proportion
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:19 am

can also include the person's coach? the person's coach didn't teach him properly and that caused him to have such a crazy slice that sliced the ball out of the range.

maybe the range ball got problem, the core is skewed to one side thats why the ball flies all the way right/left, so the range ball maker also got problem..
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:28 am

But that may also the operator's fault for not raising the barrier net to a certain height. There should be a rules or regulating body to look at the safety aspect of the driving range right ?
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 am

i believe that there should be some rules as to the height of the driving range.. that is one of the reasons why seletar range closed down... they did not find it financially viable to install a new net
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:17 am

Take a look at the carpark zone. Does it say something along the lines of "PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK"? If it does (and this statement is big and clear), then it is more likely that the car owner would have a weaker case.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:31 am

bro, there is no carpark zone. it is actually just a road and people park illegally beside it.

so, there are people constantly driving along the road next to the net. think MBGC with the buggy return area as a road. the road is narrow, 2 cars width.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:33 am

Ahhh... so if it is not a designated car park area and people still park there, then they would run the risk of damage from flying balls. Perhaps, it's not a designated car park area because of the risk of flying balls. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:45 am

Oh..I wonder whose car got hit yesterday..did saw a BMW there..
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:01 am

Technospaz wrote:
Ahhh... so if it is not a designated car park area and people still park there, then they would run the risk of damage from flying balls. Perhaps, it's not a designated car park area because of the risk of flying balls. Go figure.

grrrrrrrr... hate lawyers... u always leave the place feeling more confused than when you entered, and they expect you to pay for it?!

i'll credit the payment to your acccount at the end of this month! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:27 pm

dun anyhow say say... sekali take out driver from under the table and beatch u jialat jialat.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:02 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
dun anyhow say say... sekali take out driver from under the table and beatch u jialat jialat.

Still haven't use some more.... first hit is not in the driving range then..kekekek Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:55 pm

I want to hit MT's balls with my driver.

After all, he has a box of ProV1x's.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Technospaz wrote:

u need a certain amount of clubhead speed in order to compress them properly.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:00 pm

mervyntan wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

u need a certain amount of clubhead speed in order to compress them properly.

From what I've heard, they're usually compressed hence the Hello Kitty belt and pink socks.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:30 pm

win.

almost literally a cat fight here.

a kitty vs. a cuddly bear with a cup cake.

guess who win.
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:39 pm

That is why my frd always parked far far away..even though there's empty space just beside the entrance...
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:44 pm

I hit (push or high hook shot) over the left side netting many times there.

Even when i aiming to the right side!

CK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: car hit by golf balls....   car hit by golf balls.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

car hit by golf balls....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next