Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.

Go down 
+3
Golfer Guy
niuxiong
mi5trooper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. Empty
PostSubject: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Hello.

My exam finally over. next week no need go school. I wanted to try (first time) in palm spring (after research that is the cheapest). since i am going to be oversea, i want to stay one day outside of singapore.

right now the package is 2d1n stay at palm lodge and enjoy 2x18 hole game.

I only have 1 worry, as it is a resort, which means it should be at some very "remote" place and i don't think i can find a super market there. What i want to do is

1. is there any mini market provision shop in the lodge to buy drinks (big bottle 100plus or etc) and tibit and food?
2. if yes, is the price expensive?

i actually wanted to 1 game and then find a transport and go to nagoya for hotel. then return home via waterfront or batam centre terminal. but hor, i worry cannot find transport there. so the best and the cheapest is the stay at the lodge (becos the rest is min 4 to go. and i call the local agent and he tell me even 1 ball also can play at palm spring since it a weekday which is good news).

anyway, i am getting the story too long. any buddy can enlighten me with the "mini mart" question in the lodge?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
niuxiong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Stayed there three weeks ago for stay and play package.
There are only 14 rooms in Palm lodge. It is very basic with no mini-mart. The room has a mini-fridge though. So either bring your own drinks from SG or buy from the cafe near the clubhouse.
Not worth going to Nagoya if you are alone, as a return trip by hired taxi cost min $50 SGD. Takes about 30-45mins to reach Nagoya.
Hope the info helps!

Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:39 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:54 pm

The ferry terminal which is about 3-4 mins away has got a mini mart. Nice course Palm Springs.
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:02 am

great. that means i can take the resort bus to the ferry terminal and buy stuff in the evening after the game. yea...... i assume the night life will be very bored there, so lot of drink and tibit is very important. hehe...
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:02 am

You are better off to buy everything first before you head to Palm Spring. Palm Lodge isn't too bad but beware of the mossies and there is really nothing much in the evening. Also not many TV channels, so can be boring.

You can also consider staying at Batam View which is nearby Palm Spring. I suggest you call the Palm Spring Singapore office as they have package deals also. No point going through travel agency.
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:17 am

thanks. all is great advice. yes. i am booking thru the singapore office. they send me a form already.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:48 pm

there's no shampoo too... Razz
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:58 pm

The Batam View suggestion is a great one!
Back to top Go down
ThomasTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Batam View is Great, Nongsa (new wing) is even Greater!!
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:12 pm

I've played there n stay at novotel, planet, good way n Turi beach...

I suggest if u need minimarts, 7-11, provision shop, u better stay at Nagoya city as transfer provided in the package.

U have to find a buddy as well unless u dun mind paying a surcharge of $50-$85 for single room occupancy.

And I suppose u have to pay a surcharge for game even if u have a buddy cos the package is for a full flight.

And of all rooms, if u want the nice, new n clean, it will be Turi beach and of cos it's the most expensive.

Lastly, if u like massage, indo Chinese is a place u must go...

Hope u enjoy ur game. Cheers...
Back to top Go down
ThomasTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Yes, that's the one : Turi Beach Resort at Nongsa. Nice rooms!!! But ask for the new wing!!
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Yup, stayed at Turi the new wing, awesome view!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.   Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody play at palm springs and stay and palm lodge before? please advice.
Page 1 of 1