Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?

Go down 
+9
Kengnam
JetA1
Najibapark
waybalegolf
Begbie
Slicer51
mengteck71
TigaWood
DGman
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? Empty
PostSubject: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:25 pm

i think it might be decent of us to try and collect some money and pass on to the family of the late Mr Cheng Teck Hock.

any volunteer?

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:20 pm

I can volunteer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:13 pm

ok Colin, i dont know if anyone here is ok to make some donation.

i was start the ball rolling. $100 from me.

thanks for volunteering Colin.

DGman
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi All,

You can list your donation here or pass your cheque to BFG Bukit Merah or PM me.
I will collect and consolidate into a list before passing to Comfort Delgro collection center.

Eric-$100
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:25 pm

http://www.razortv.com.sg/site/servlet/segment/main

so sad the guy who got this on video still say "lucky man..." and he don't seems to have stopped to help..
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Thanks for your PM.

Members of the public can also make cheques payable to "LIM CHOO ENG" and mail them to:

THE CHENG FAMILY
c/o Comfort Transportation Pte Ltd
383 Sin Ming Drive
Singapore 575717
Attn: Customer Service Centre

Donors should indicate their names on the back of their cheques, said ComfortDelGro’s Tan.

You can place the cheque or cash at BFG Bukit Merah.
Do indicate your name especially with cash donations.

Colin
93221328 for express service
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:55 pm

The sole breadwinner of the family, Cheng was first declared brain dead after a severe haemorrhage in the brain before his heart stopped on Sunday night. He leaves behind a wife and three school-going children.

“His children are still young and studying and the driver who was the family’s sole breadwinner does not have insurance. They would need some money in the future,” Tan said.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:17 am

seebayho wrote:
Hi All,

You can list your donation here or pass your cheque to BFG Bukit Merah or PM me.
I will collect and consolidate into a list before passing to Comfort Delgro collection center.

Eric-$100
Slicer51-$100 ( Had appointment with BFG, I will pass it to BFG when I am there )
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:29 am

Eric and Slicer51 Your action touch my heart.
On behalf of the bereave family, I thank you.

This donation exercise will cease on 30th May.
Any amount will be appreciated, even it is $10.
You can PM me if you want to keep it anonymous
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:37 am

mengteck71 wrote:
http://www.razortv.com.sg/site/servlet/segment/main

so sad the guy who got this on video still say "lucky man..." and he don't seems to have stopped to help..

That guy is a taxi driving with passenger, perhaps his thoughts was to ferry the passenger first.
Nevertheless, his video is valuable, or else it will be hard to proof who beats the red lights.

Wrong video, here is the correct one.

Last edited by seebayho on Wed May 16, 2012 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:37 am

i think we should do our bit whenever possible and in such circumstances losing a loved one is unbelievably difficult to comprehend. not knowing where the next meal is coming from makes it more difficult and with 3 school going children, its just so difficult for the family to cope.

please do you part to help, if you can.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:59 am

As a father of a young child, I understand where this is coming from. Kudos to everyone that chipped in to help.. my heart mourns with deepest sympathy for family of deceased.

Thanks Colin for pointing out the direction to help and Eric to start ball rolling. Again, my deepest condolences.
Back to top Go down
waybalegolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
waybalegolf

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:04 am

Hi Colin,

Will pass it to you. Thanks

Eric-$100
Slicer51-$100
Louis Chua-$100

Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:29 am

Everyone is donating $100. Is it okay if i donate just $50?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:33 am

Najibapark wrote:

No donation too big or too small.
I love you Najibaperk!
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:35 am

Haha. Okay then. Will pass to DGman when i go to bfg.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:42 am

Najibapark you are 14?
Please tell your mum and dad on my behalf.
They have taught you well!

I would like to meet you in person one day.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:46 am

seebayho wrote:
Najibapark wrote:

No donation too big or too small.
I love you Najibaperk!

Yes, yes. donation never too big or small. All help within our means. Even a $5 means allot to those whom in need. Uncle here like to say "Thank you very much Najibaperk" cheers

We have such an well fine young generation. flower
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:23 am

It was really shocking when i heard about his family. I felt like i needed to help. I hope my small amount could help.
Thank you Slicer51 and Seebayho.
My parents are well informed and they already gave a cheque but i want to donate with my own money!
Maybe one day when im good in golf. haha.
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:54 am

My 6 month old daughter was admiited last fri for fits and high fever. The thought of losing someone so close flash across my mind. And i tell u, it's a real traumatic experience both for me and wife. Dear all, pls donate to help a fellow singaporean!

SBH, can pm me ur acct no? Might not have the time to go down bfg.
$200 from me
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:24 pm

I myself oso got three kids,so sad...I will donate $100,so SBH can SMS me yr acct oso at 96862626,thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Already ask Bro Jeremy to pass $100 to yen ling.Bro Jeremy thanks,will pass $ to you tmr.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Kengnam wrote:
Already ask Bro Jeremy to pass $100 to yen ling.Bro Jeremy thanks,will pass $ to you tmr.

Noted with thanks.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:14 pm

JetA1 wrote:
My 6 month old daughter was admiited last fri for fits and high fever. The thought of losing someone so close flash across my mind. And i tell u, it's a real traumatic experience both for me and wife. Dear all, pls donate to help a fellow singaporean!

SBH, can pm me ur acct no? Might not have the time to go down bfg.
$200 from me

PMed you
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 4:12 pm

I spoke to Eric and will make a donation at BFG.

Although not Singaporean and actually a foreigner here, I feel that this is one of those times where a little help is called for. I have been following this story and it is just a really sad, unnecessary situation. This accident was avoidable, but the consequences are not. I feel for this man's family and as a man who has a son and wife, that is the sole reason for my donation. I hope that his kids are able to go on and do great things from the outpouring of generosity from the Singaporean community. I am just happy to contribute, even if just a little to that outcome.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?   Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is someone here thinking of collecting donation for Cab Driver?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next