Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buayas in Home Clubs

Go down 
+14
shotah
supra
Khorkar
JohnBGLee
slinger
TObe
Winston
jimmychoo
joleelyn
Duval_S
Technospaz
D_Iceman
jaketang
mengteck71
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:44 am

Winston wrote:
jaketang wrote:
Winston wrote:
Here in Vietnam is even worse. Scorecards are exchanged at the end of the round for checking by fellow flight mates and the locals will just outright tell you no need it is ok. how can a person with a registered handicap of 18 get a score of -10 / round of 62???

WOW!!!! u mean 62 b4 the hcp ajustment? hahahha

Yup...go figure...and the ironic thing about it, they seem to be very very proud of their achievements.... scratch

Wow!!!! talk about being big buayas. Incredible.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:40 am

Khorkar wrote:
Winston wrote:
jaketang wrote:
Winston wrote:
Here in Vietnam is even worse. Scorecards are exchanged at the end of the round for checking by fellow flight mates and the locals will just outright tell you no need it is ok. how can a person with a registered handicap of 18 get a score of -10 / round of 62???

WOW!!!! u mean 62 b4 the hcp ajustment? hahahha

Yup...go figure...and the ironic thing about it, they seem to be very very proud of their achievements.... scratch

Wow!!!! talk about being big buayas. Incredible.

There is definatly "special score cards" that are submitted hence that is hte reason why they dont exchange score cards at the end of the tournament for verification between flight mates.
Back to top Go down
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Well at least you didn't lose 'an arm and a leg' against buaya$ or $andbagger$. which can cost you thousands (to my dismay). Lots of them everywhere. You feel like feeding them to
Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 Alg_alligator_texas

On a sober note,
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/pets/2009/10/09/2009-10-09_golfer_loses_arm_in_alligator_attack_as_he_reaches_for_ball_on_south_carolina_co.html
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:38 pm

My thoughts on this subject of Buaya.

In our Asian culture, challenging someelse's hcp, is every much an unlikely event. The only way the buaya can be rid in tournament is to ensure each tournament has registration process that automatically makes reference and updates SPGA hcp. SPGA should have 2 set of hcp, where a person plays normal term where the person can do whatever they want, the latter is hcp captured in tournament, which be updated only by a tournament with SPGA process.

Why it has to be 2 set of hcp, because, a person can fake their scores in normal game with no one checking. Whereas in tournament, once you play well, the next game, your hcp would be few times lower and to increase it, you need to play very badly in at least 10 tournaments. That way, even if you win your first game with aka fake hcp, the next game is a guaranteed No as your hcp would have been captured and updated to its current and best. The chances of you faking it as good as none unless, you really play much better than your tournament hcp, then followup game would be another challenge.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:02 pm

kk,

u are so wrong..............

if i want my HC to where i want it to be, i would join tournament play (medals/charity....), blow my scores high so i am have that "buaya HC", then i use the this HC to buaya the rest... vice versa ok

what is there to win at medals/charity for good scores, mayb trophy, vounchers, golf equipment..... on the other hand, with the new adjusted tournament HC, u can play your normal game with your favorite kakis for $500-$500- $1000, or $50 per point vegas style, etc, nothing beats $$$$......

kk, are u anybody fav kaki yet??!! can i be yours....... bounce
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:22 pm

i think it all depends on the individual lah. Some people are out there to buaya, and if you fall into their trap, then i wish you luck. But some others just like the challenge even if they know this fella is a buaya. Like what slinger said, the prizes of monthly medal is nothing as compared to money medals. So my advice is always bet on a adjustable 2nd 9 so at least you will not die so badly. But if you always want to bet to win, then i wish you all the luck and bring more money cos normally you will lose. For me, its purely betting to keep me focus..... at the end of the day, whether the money is in my pocket is still not definite.

Anyway, i wish i wont be meeting any big buaya in my game in port dickson tomorrow man cos the bets have been set at RM30 a point for vegas.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:35 pm

slinger wrote:
kk,

if i want my HC to where i want it to be, i would join tournament play (medals/charity....), blow my scores high so i am have that "buaya HC", then i use the this HC to buaya the rest... vice versa ok

what is there to win at medals/charity for good scores, mayb trophy, vounchers, golf equipment..... on the other hand, with the new adjusted tournament HC, u can play your normal game with your favorite kakis for $500-$500- $1000, or $50 per point vegas style, etc, nothing beats $$$$......

kk, are u anybody fav kaki yet??!! can i be yours....... Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 Icon_bounce

Slinger, you are will be my favorite buaya. Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 Icon_clown Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 793680

Of course, under the situation of blowing the tournament intentionally, that is possible but we are talking about a system here, the tweak to the system is that only 15 tournament blowing consistently only then the new hcp would only take effect. The system would been able to adapt to change after consistent duration and amount of bad score. 1 good score would have been an automatic improvement of hcp.

So subsequent 16 tournament game, if you again show that you play well, the cycle of new lowest hcp would take effect.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:47 pm

shotah wrote:
i think it all depends on the individual lah. Some people are out there to buaya, and if you fall into their trap, then i wish you luck. But some others just like the challenge even if they know this fella is a buaya. Like what slinger said, the prizes of monthly medal is nothing as compared to money medals. So my advice is always bet on a adjustable 2nd 9 so at least you will not die so badly. But if you always want to bet to win, then i wish you all the luck and bring more money cos normally you will lose. For me, its purely betting to keep me focus..... at the end of the day, whether the money is in my pocket is still not definite.

Anyway, i wish i wont be meeting any big buaya in my game in port dickson tomorrow man cos the bets have been set at RM30 a point for vegas.... Razz

yo bro, dun be like me hor, win 1 point, lose 10 points.........K N N affraid
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:50 pm

kk, when is our game...... i call you next week, dun tell me u in bukom hor, anyway good for u lah, i tell u how to be a better buaya than our uncle lau
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:30 pm

slinger wrote:
kk,

kk, are u anybody fav kaki yet??!! can i be yours....... bounce

$500 - $500 - $1000 .... phew .... if got this type of bet i will stress ... only big time tow kay cannot afford such bets ...
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:55 pm

slinger wrote:
shotah wrote:

yo bro, dun be like me hor, win 1 point, lose 10 points.........K N N affraid

Yah loh.. if like that.. then must eat maggi goreng instead of steam fish tomorrow night liao. Smile
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:33 pm

There was once I took part in a club medal at OCC. The champion was a lady who came in a whopping 51 stableford points. Amazing isn't it? So how did she achieve the points? Answer is simple. There was a "gimme" rule for putt-out and this lady took a lot of gimme but did not add a stroke to her score. DUH!!!
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:37 pm

lol.. she dunno how to count.
but I thought your flight mates would be the ones recording your score for medals anyway?

or like cross-check/reference kinda thing.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:46 pm

mowen wrote:

$500 - $500 - $1000 .... phew .... if got this type of bet i will stress ... only big time tow kay cannot afford such bets ...

Sounds scary.

Mowen and I used to play in monthly medals or other comps so that we do not have to Q up on Monday mornings at 5am to ballot for our weekly wkn game. Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 793680

It also helps when lunch is provided after the game.

Buaya hdcp to win comps are really lame la. The 5-5-10s we play in the fourball are more impt than the overall score to submit cos we push each other to play better. Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 293543

PS: Eh Mowen, heard from MC you guys pang seh him le. Say you all dun jio him for Sunday games anymore. Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:13 pm

no la ... mrs mowen not around ... and coming back soon .. that why i entertain the gang to play malaysia ... u not la... when mrs mowen around ... i cannot go malaysia
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:42 pm

S70B wrote:
PS: Eh Mowen, heard from MC you guys pang seh him le. Say you all dun jio him for Sunday games anymore. Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 Lol

ha nor ha nor. i so sad.

i have to find my own gang now.

just did my first booking today. and bring the topic back online.

home club... sibei alot of buaya. hear all the old man talk in the aerobics room today... EYE OPENER.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buayas in Home Clubs   Buayas in Home Clubs - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buayas in Home Clubs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2