Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?

Go down 
+13
jessica.ck
ahnah
alvin7379
mloy
Begbie
hkhamateur
mengteck71
jeremykoh
TDO
skybobo
Kengnam
Batman
stephaniecheong
17 posters
AuthorMessage
stephaniecheong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Intend to take up intermediate lessons after my PC test so that I can go a step further. (handicap later?)
Any suggestions? (Should I or should I not) Any coach to recommend? ( live in Bishan area)
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:49 pm

My humble tots...

Play to feel, and feel to play..
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Now what you need is course experience,go play more on course.Keep on hitting on mat can't help u much...just my 2 cent.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:36 pm

How is your game now? Like the bros suggested, go play on course. Uphill, downhill, sidehill lies are what u will not experience on course.

Maybe after some playing experience, u will know what u need to work on and here's what the intermediate lesson can help u
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:41 pm

I may not be giving the right advice because I don't do range. Prefer to go to the course instead. At the range all the lie is flat. No uphill, no downhill, no sidehill lie. Play more often and you get the feel. But that's just me. Lazy old man.

Last edited by TDO on Thu May 10, 2012 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jeremykoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:04 am

stephaniecheong wrote:
Intend to take up intermediate lessons after my PC test so that I can go a step further. (handicap later?)
Any suggestions? (Should I or should I not) Any coach to recommend? ( live in Bishan area)

just my 2 cents worth of tot..
firstly ask yourself how serious are you to get to the next level ? than decide from there . for me i took beginner and intermediate course together from a coach in bishan too . thats because you must know how and what to do even before you reach a situation.. than after that i play 3 to 4 times a week to gain experience for a peroid till i manage to play around a level where a coach is needed to bring me to the next level.. ex and painful way .. but it works a lot better ..
i dun think it good once you stop after a basic course and start playing will bring you anywhere as this is the time you will pick up alot of bad habit.. and also friend will try to help , thats where you will cultivate all sorts of bad habit .. if its work for you fine if not than you will have to go back to square one.. seek proper coach that you can trust than stick to him or her till you think they cant bring you any further than change coach ... however i am not here to try pulling you to any coach is just my route i chosen and i am happy to share... hope you enjoy this process....

cheers....
Back to top Go down
stephaniecheong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:55 am

Dear Frens,
Thank u all for the wonderful advice. Will definitely play n practice more. Luckily I got a kaki who is also into this game. we will try to cheer each other on.

Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:31 am

Welcome to the game.. U can seek to go under the wings mloy.. Not yo learn golfing skills.. But other nitty grtties of the game Smile
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:48 am

mengteck71 wrote:
Welcome to the game.. U can seek to go under the wings mloy.. Not yo learn golfing skills.. But other nitty grtties of the game Smile

Gagaga....bro mengteck, it seem like most thread here wil get Mloy involved. Laughing
She s a coach too. In another level. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:55 am

hkhamateur wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:

Gagaga....bro mengteck, it seem like most thread here wil get Mloy involved. Laughing

What does she coach may I ask ? She coach u before ??
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:19 am

Begbie wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:

What hk is saying is not about golf coaching.
My game is crappy so I have to negotiate for strokes.

So mengteck & hk is telling Stephanie that she can learn the art of stroke negotiating from me lah. Very naughty you two, mengteck & hk. Hahaha...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:05 am

mloy wrote:
Begbie wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:

What hk is saying is not about golf coaching.
My game is crappy so I have to negotiate for strokes.

So mengteck & hk is telling Stephanie that she can learn the art of stroke negotiating from me lah. Very naughty you two, mengteck & hk. Hahaha...

Exactly Sis! Very Happy
Definately must give me hint n tips during our next game hor. Very Happy
My last game at Palm Villa, one new friend asked fr 1-2-2 n nt too sure as tot it meant fr e lower index holes so i agreed. Razz
He meant every hole! I played like hell man! Luckily was on form n won e last hole 18th. cheers
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:01 am

Hi Stephanie,

When I first started golf I took lessons to learn the basic of a golf swing. After 10 lessons I started playing at Mandai Executive Course, a 9 hole course just to have a feel of playing on a course. After playing there for 6 months I felt that I was ready to tackle the "big" course which is 18 holes. I went to Daiman 18 with my coach. It was not easy. I still duff & top a lot. But very happy when I can hit one or two good shots. I did not take score as its was not important then. Being a social golfer then I just play on weekends and do not range.

All that change when I join GR. Met lots of good golfers and being competitive I wanted to improve so I engaged a coach for refresher course. I have improved, not much but at least I can have a decent game with the guys but have to negotiate strokes from them lah. hahahha...

So if you ask me if you should take intermediate lessons...I'll say yes. You will enjoy the game better. Enjoy your journey. Swing
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:03 am

I offer FOC lessons... ladies only... no guarantee can help u improve though... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:53 pm

mloy wrote:
Hi Stephanie,

When I first started golf I took lessons to learn the basic of a golf swing. After 10 lessons I started playing at Mandai Executive Course, a 9 hole course just to have a feel of playing on a course. After playing there for 6 months I felt that I was ready to tackle the "big" course which is 18 holes. I went to Daiman 18 with my coach. It was not easy. I still duff & top a lot. But very happy when I can hit one or two good shots. I did not take score as its was not important then. Being a social golfer then I just play on weekends and do not range.

All that change when I join GR. Met lots of good golfers and being competitive I wanted to improve so I engaged a coach for refresher course. I have improved, not much but at least I can have a decent game with the guys but have to negotiate strokes from them lah. hahahha...

So if you ask me if you should take intermediate lessons...I'll say yes. You will enjoy the game better. Enjoy your journey. Swing

Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
jessica.ck
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessica.ck

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:48 pm

I took a beginners course as well. But am gonna continue to take somemore lessons while playing at Mandai also. I must say, playing on course is so much more different that on the range. But i think practicing on the range can help improve my swing. just my thoughts Smile
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 6:59 am

Go to the 9 hole executive golf course, jb, batam and bintan. Best if you can get a coach to advice on the various condition you have to face on the course. Practice on those advices until you master them. Practice at the range for your distance and direction feel.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:02 am

I will suggest not going to range, and play the safra par three for thnext 3 months. Or any beautiful short course you can find. Forget about your swing, if you are practising without a purpose, bad habits build up anyway. Play play and play for now, go out and enjoy the gamefor what it meant to be, outdoors and fun!

I went to the range so much when i first started and never improved, but instead became a range professional, ie: can only play 7 iron very well at the range. No where else. Dont take my route. Not fun at all.
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Its useful to play on a course as soon as you can, the experience will tell you what you need to practice on the driving range.
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Go enjoy yourself on the course first and discover a little more about your game. This will also allow you to share with your next coach the difficulties that you encounter. I practise at Bishan too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?   Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?
Page 1 of 1