Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?

Go down 
+11
golfbuzz
onime
stickman
r510tp
EACgolf
Aiers
enwee
garethgjw
scottycollector
duffader
DP
15 posters
AuthorMessage
DP
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:25 am

Hi, any bros out there know of any shop that offer the best value for Golf Pride handle re-grip ?

Was over at FarEast and one of the shop offer $16 per grip. This is for the composite type from Golf Pride.

Last edited by DP on Wed May 09, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:30 am

I think you mean Golf Pride.
Back to top Go down
DP
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:50 am

oh right...silly me. Thanks for pointing out.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:52 am

im not sure where's cheapest but i normally go to vinc golf at fareast. the owner is v friendly. u can ask for a better price if u are doing more than 1 grip.
Back to top Go down
garethgjw
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garethgjw

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:06 am

if u are in the west..i think raymond at My Golf Shop does a pretty good job at a reasonable price..got mine at 12bucks a piece and no minimum.

tradehub 21 2nd floor..i think its 02-101. he opens from 2pm till late..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:17 am

Be careful, I heard there are fake golf pride around.
Back to top Go down
Aiers
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Aiers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Alternatively. Bishan range shop does re gripping free if u buy from them. the first shop. Not the 2nd. Golf pride tour wrap ad only 9 plus installation.

I think that's the cheapest.
Back to top Go down
EACgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
EACgolf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Try Bob's golf at Rangoon Road...wide selection of golf pride grips.
Back to top Go down
r510tp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Why don't you try DIY?

It's extremely easy to cut and remove the old grip and then install a new one. Smile

You may not get your desired size for the first one or two grips, but after that you should have a good idea how many wraps of extra tape you prefer.

Plenty of videos on the internet for reference too..... Razz

Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:55 pm

I also say bob at rangoon.
Back to top Go down
Aiers
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Aiers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Bob's price? Rough gauge?
Back to top Go down
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
onime

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Where is Bob's golf at Rangoon Road? Exact address pls Very Happy
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Aiers wrote:
Bob's price? Rough gauge?
Depending on what you choose....the tour velvet normally $10-12, but hor..recently golf pride adjusted the price again..multi compound can be something like $15-16.

http://bobsgolfsingapore.com/

Easy to find, opposite the famous bak kut teh

Last edited by enwee on Wed May 09, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DP
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Yes, actually that the shop I asked. $16 for the muilti compound type.

scottycollector wrote:
im not sure where's cheapest but i normally go to vinc golf at fareast. the owner is v friendly. u can ask for a better price if u are doing more than 1 grip.
Back to top Go down
golfbuzz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfbuzz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:25 pm

garethgjw wrote:
if u are in the west..i think raymond at My Golf Shop does a pretty good job at a reasonable price..got mine at 12bucks a piece and no minimum.

tradehub 21 2nd floor..i think its 02-101. he opens from 2pm till late..

Agree with garethgjw on Raymond at tradehub21 . Cheap and good .
Friendly chap. Lots of variety too.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:47 pm

How about if we provide the grips ourselves? How much would the indicative re-gripping service be?

Appreciate you views....
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:26 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
How about if we provide the grips ourselves? How much would the indicative re-gripping service be?

Appreciate you views....

Bro, Rangoon Road charging $4 per pcs to regrip if you provide your own.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi Bro,

Many thanks for the info.

Cheers.

sagiteric wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

Appreciate you views....

Cheers

Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:35 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
Hi Bro,

Many thanks for the info.

Cheers.

sagiteric wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

Appreciate you views....

Cheers

Np bro, fyi, they will be winding down their business in July or latest in Nov.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Learn to re-grip yourself. Not only are you learning something, you'd feel some pride too. I re-grip my clubs myself, though the workmanship could be better. But it's ok. I learnt something from the little mistake. Smile
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:30 am

You have the vice and workbench at home?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:32 am

A simple and small vice will do plus a rubber "U" grip. I simply clamp to the staircase railing outside my flat and work from there. It's an easy process. Believe me, you will experience self-satisfaction. It's not the money saving part that I am looking at but rather learning something. Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:39 am

TDO wrote:
A simple and small vice will do plus a rubber "U" grip. I simply clamp to the staircase railing outside my flat and work from there. It's an easy process. Believe me, you will experience self-satisfaction. It's not the money saving part that I am looking at but rather learning something. Smile
Wah.....you good. Btw I personally felt, if only 1 grip too much hassle.....the tapes, kerosene etc etc..if the whole set ok lah.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:23 am

enwee wrote:
TDO wrote:
Wah.....you good. Btw I personally felt, if only 1 grip too much hassle.....the tapes, kerosene etc etc..if the whole set ok lah.

Huh! Kerosene? I don't use kerosene bro. I use thinner or turpine. No
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:26 am

TDO wrote:
enwee wrote:
TDO wrote:

Huh! Kerosene? I don't use kerosene bro. I use thinner or turpine. No
Yes....but still for a grip? You need to buy the full bottle. For hobby ok. Normally I would go to my friend's place. He also hobby in these grips, shaft etc....even got a weight machine and bench vice at home. cheers

But back to the topic...DIY is the cheapest...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?   Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where the cheapest to re-grip for Golf Pride brand ?
Page 1 of 1