Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?

Go down 
+7
skybobo
steven_koh
Athan
watermyforrest
Sean76
hardrock
jessica.ck
11 posters
AuthorMessage
jessica.ck
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessica.ck

Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  Empty
PostSubject: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 am

Hi all! Just started Golf not long ago through the Groupon deal. Gonna start getting some proper lessons soon! Been reading some threads here and it seems like a really friendly and nice community! Smile lol lots of useful threads and funny golfers too.

My friend and I are more or less decided on JT Golfing because the Bishan Range is nearer to us. Any recommendations for other pros too? Smile
Back to top Go down
jessica.ck
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessica.ck

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:53 am

Thanks to those who have sent me Private Messages recommending Golf Pro Coaches! But cos I'm new here, I'm not able to reply your PMs.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:20 am

post more then you able to reply PM....

anyway welcome to GR!
Back to top Go down
jessica.ck
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessica.ck

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:00 am

Welcome to GR!!! Enjoy your stay here.

Pm me the coach too when u can, I also took the Groupon deal previously and now looking to improve my basic fundamental further.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Jessie, welcome to GR. You might want to refer to our list of pros:
List of coaches

I highly recommend:

Shorthitter (my current coach)
Allen Kelly
Laguna National Golf & Country Club
11 Laguna Golf Green, Singapore 488047
Tel: 6542 6888/7: 6542 1132

tendygolf (generously give me lots of fantastic tips whenever I meet him at the BFG bukit merah)
Tendy Tsai
Tendy Golf Academy
Turf City Driving Range
200 Turf Club Road
Singapore 287994
Tel: 910 12345
Back to top Go down
Athan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:57 am

Hi,

If you are staying near to the Yishun areas, may consider my coach, Mr Teo from Sebawang Country Club..

He is patience, experience, humble and friendly.

Let me know if you are interested, i will say you are a friend.. (Discount)
9068 9277

Regards
Athan
Back to top Go down
jessica.ck
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessica.ck

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:59 pm

wow thanks for the list. I'm doing it with a friend. Will have to discuss with her.
Yes, we are in AMK/Upper Thomson. So we are trying to find someone at bishan or mandai. Smile
Back to top Go down
jessica.ck
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessica.ck

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Sean, I will PM you the few I have received so far when I can. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanks jessie, with 5 post count, u can use the pm feature already.
Back to top Go down
steven_koh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
steven_koh

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:52 pm

How about OCC my coaches is ther is it far frm u?....PM me if you interested.....
I,m now having my refresh lesson with him.....
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:18 pm

If distance is really a concern and u are choosing between mandai and bishan, I would advise u to go to mandai. Not because the range is better, but rather there is a good pro there. Look for Mr Poh Ah Hai.

If distance is not a concern, there are some good coaches around. Personally I would recommend Allen Kelly from Laguna
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Not too sure if JL is coaching at the moment. Rumour has it that she is coaching at OCC. Nut i am not too sure if that is true.

If you are looking for a lady coach, PM her, 'JL'
Back to top Go down
jessica.ck
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessica.ck

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Distance is a bit of an issue because we don't drive. So imagine us lugging out stuff or cabbing so far away every lesson. lol.

Skybobo, do you have his contact?

Nientsu, I think she's still teaching there, someone PM me her contact Smile
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Why don you give her a shot? I think for you, having a female coach who understand the troubles you have in learning this difficult sport can be beneficial. Moreover, she is a nice lady.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:46 pm

jessica.ck wrote:
Distance is a bit of an issue because we don't drive. So imagine us lugging out stuff or cabbing so far away every lesson. lol.

Welcome to GR. cheers
By nt savg n gettg proper lessons re e right approach if u re thinkg of enjoyg this sport n playg better game fr long time. Perfect! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:49 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
jessica.ck wrote:

Welcome to GR. cheers
By nt savg n gettg proper lessons re e right approach if u re thinkg of enjoyg this sport n playg better game fr long time. Perfect! Very Happy

My brudder. You writing in coded message? I no understand.
Back to top Go down
jessica.ck
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessica.ck

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 pm

yes. will consider. Smile
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:54 pm

You can go to mbgc, Ian Sim. He's a great coach.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:17 pm

nientsu wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
jessica.ck wrote:

Welcome to GR. cheers

My brudder. You writing in coded message? I no understand.

Hehehe. Laughing
Worry type non coded will b too....long winded la. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jessica.ck
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessica.ck

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:56 am

haha so many good coaches recommended. I should actually ask the reverse as to who to avoid!
Back to top Go down
limag
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Just to add to the list! Do try Balraj at OCC... great coach ! my family's been taking lessons and my son ..( now 12 years ) is still happily enjoying lessons from him.

Only 1 issue, his schedules are rather tight.... quite a few celebraties are also taking lessons from him!

Very patient fella!

Do try! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?    Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello! and.. any recommendations for coaches?
Page 1 of 1