Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Cover?

Go down 
+12
pocketace
Derek
TDO
daveaha
garethgjw
Tituman
Charlietks
botak
Technospaz
garylin
mloy
steven_koh
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Iron Cover
Yes
Iron Cover? I_vote_lcap84%Iron Cover? I_vote_rcap
 84% [ 36 ]
No
Iron Cover? I_vote_lcap16%Iron Cover? I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
steven_koh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
steven_koh

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:18 am

Do u use iron "Cover" to cover ur iron sets?
YES
NO
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:36 am

Yes all the time. As my irons are forged I always put back my iron covers after every hit. In fact I do that to all my clubs except my driver.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:39 am

my irons are cast so no need for iron covers Sad

On a sidenote is it delaying play if I use iron covers ? take out put back take out put back.. Plus I'm always finding for my lost ball... Afraid that if I use iron covers, I'll slow down play even more.. Maybe bcos of this, I'll nvr change to forged irons
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 am

Absolutely. I used to think that they weren't necessary but with forged clubs, it's important to use covers. And, they make my bag look cool Smile
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:46 am

garylin wrote:

On a sidenote is it delaying play if I use iron covers ? take out put back take out put back.. Plus I'm always finding for my lost ball... Afraid that if I use iron covers, I'll slow down play even more.. Maybe bcos of this, I'll nvr change to forged irons

I don't see how taking out iron covers should delay play. What I do is.....pick up the clubs that I want to use remove the cover, put it in my pocket and when I am done put it back and slot it into my bag. Simple & quick. The ones that I bought from Big Fish is very good. Very easy to remove and put back. There are many colours to choose from too.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:49 am

I like to see dinks in my clubs... gives them some character and personal feel...
Back to top Go down
Charlietks
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:51 am

using for my forged irons only.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:51 am

I do and I don't think you can waste much time putting the cover back on. I always put the cover in my pocket and then cover when finished hitting it on the way back to the buggy. Where got waste time? Anyway I cover every clubs in my bag inclusive of driver. This prevents in a way knocks on the clubs while the buggy goes over bumps or the likes. It helps with preserving some value when you are going to sell your clubs. Who would want to buy a club irons or driver which has "pocked marks' all over against one which looks good with much reduced 'pocked marks'?

titu
Back to top Go down
garethgjw
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garethgjw

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:52 am

YES

I dont like the clinking sound the clubs make when they hit each other when I carry them. Keeps them in good condition too..

I dont see it delaying play because before tee-ing off at the 1st hole..u can always prepare those clubs u know u will use first. =)
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:53 am

botak wrote:
I like to see dinks in my clubs... gives them some character and personal feel...

Remind me to bring a chisel and a hammer the next time we play golf together... I'll give your irons all the character and personal feel they need Wink
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:56 am

Technospaz wrote:
botak wrote:

Remind me to bring a chisel and a hammer the next time we play golf together... I'll give your irons all the character and personal feel they need Wink

he he..." LIKE SO MUCH " Face Hug

titu
Back to top Go down
steven_koh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
steven_koh

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:59 am

For me i will undress them before i hit the green ,place the cover in my car trunk...
After the game back car n dress them back after shower them....
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Technospaz wrote:
botak wrote:

no need tools la... i lend u my clubs, u play your normal game, cukup.... OUCH!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:41 pm

mloy wrote:
garylin wrote:

I don't see how taking out iron covers should delay play. What I do is.....pick up the clubs that I want to use remove the cover, put it in my pocket and when I am done put it back and slot it into my bag. Simple & quick. The ones that I bought from Big Fish is very good. Very easy to remove and put back. There are many colours to choose from too.

One of my kaki does this:

Take out 7i, take our cover.. put in pocket.. dbl check if its 7i... practice swing.. Look at target... Distance wrong.. Clean 7i so can put back cover. Then take out 6i..take out cover, dbl check if its 6i.. Swing swing.. Hit ball. Clean 6i. Put back cover.

Sometimes I'm thinking to myself "Just hit the damn ball already!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:49 pm

garylin wrote:
mloy wrote:
garylin wrote:

Take out 7i, take our cover.. put in pocket.. dbl check if its 7i... practice swing.. Look at target... Distance wrong.. Clean 7i so can put back cover. Then take out 6i..take out cover, dbl check if its 6i.. Swing swing.. Hit ball. Clean 6i. Put back cover.

That has nothing to do with his use of iron covers but more his indecision and not-so-good golf etiquette.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm

garylin wrote:
mloy wrote:
garylin wrote:

Totally agree with you. For me...I won't be thinking about .... I'll just say it to him out loud. Wink

Last edited by mloy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:16 pm

mloy wrote:
garylin wrote:

Mon,
that's because you are expert in putting the cover and taking it out... you're... experienced lah !
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Hey Dave, when can you come out from your hibernation and play?
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:18 pm

btw, how much are the headcovers from big fish ? thinking of buying for kaki Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:25 pm

garylin wrote:
btw, how much are the headcovers from big fish ? thinking of buying for kaki Very Happy

Its about $30 for the iron covers. They have very nice colours.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:36 pm

My iron sets are cheap cheap and already 12 years old. Don't need protection anymore. Smile
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:46 pm

mloy wrote:

When you're ready to give me 1-2-3 okayyyy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:51 pm

daveaha wrote:
mloy wrote:

When you're ready to give me 1-2-3 okayyyy Very Happy

For you my friend anytime lah as long as I can get you out of your hibernation. Buy you beer only what. So when can arrange to play at OCC?

Sorry for Thread Hijacked your thread Steven.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:58 pm

OB! OB! OB! How come iron Cover thread become other topics? Question Laughing
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:02 pm

TDO wrote:
OB! OB! OB! How come iron Cover thread become other topics? Question Laughing

TDO...its not OB its OT Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iron Cover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Cover?   Iron Cover? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Cover?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next