Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New joiner with new PC looking for games

Go down 
+8
zakevich
hkhamateur
Golfbuddy7
Turbo
enwee
TDO
timang84
itarc
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
itarc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

New joiner with new PC looking for games Empty
PostSubject: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi all,

Just came back SG a couple of months back, and picked up my PC with MBGC just recently.

My typical score is around +-110, never played in SG golf course before, so looking for newbies or old birds who doesnt mind playing with newbies for a game in the weekend in SG. I know there is a local game forum but it seems like mostly experience golfers/forummers joined those sessions. Do give me a PM if anyone is interested.

Bruce.
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Hey bruce did you go through lessons or took the Swing test to get your PC?
Back to top Go down
itarc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi timang,
I took lessons at MBGC for the PC(guaranteed PC Embarassed )

My coach told me this is SG, so $ can buy PC no problem. I wanted to tell him its the same everywhere, but oh well...SG is still pretty strict when it comes to golf. Mostly other countries do not bother about PC or HC or whatever.
Back to top Go down
itarc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:00 pm

This is to TDO,

Thanks for the invite! Somehow i cannot reply you in PM, need more post to do that i guess. I need to check with wife first before going to Malaysia for a game...can i let you know tomorrow? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:14 pm

itarc wrote:
This is to TDO,

Thanks for the invite! Somehow i cannot reply you in PM, need more post to do that i guess. I need to check with wife first before going to Malaysia for a game...can i let you know tomorrow? Thanks!

Sure, no problem bro. Smile
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:16 pm

are you guys interested in playing 9 holes? I'm a newbie without PC.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:19 pm

itarc wrote:
Hi timang,
I took lessons at MBGC for the PC(guaranteed PC Embarassed )

My coach told me this is SG, so $ can buy PC no problem. I wanted to tell him its the same everywhere, but oh well...SG is still pretty strict when it comes to golf. Mostly other countries do not bother about PC or HC or whatever.
True, because all the other places like Thailand, Malaysia, US and Aust..got too many courses and too little players. We vice versa. Btw I heard this applied to china courses as well.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:52 pm

If we can easily access to many courses in Sg, I am sure many of us are single handicappers now. That also suggests why many social golfers are single to low handicappers in US, Australia, etc.
Back to top Go down
Golfbuddy7
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Turbo wrote:
If we can easily access to many courses in Sg, I am sure many of us are single handicappers now. That also suggests why many social golfers are single to low handicappers in US, Australia, etc.

I Also got mt PC last week and look to clock more scorecard to secure a handicap

Should be playing this Sunday evening at NSRCC
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Turbo wrote:
Actually to be a single hdcp, 1st of all should start young. Also all aspect of the game must be quite solid. Seldom seen wkend golfers single hdcp. a lot of them low 10s but not single.
Back to top Go down
itarc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:39 am

Turbo wrote:

Yes...thats true for most sports here as well. Accessibility. On a more extreme example, i once have a business trip to USA and plan a skiing holiday there as well. Turns out most of my western collegues started skiing since 6-7 yrs old, simply because the ski mountain was on their backyard!! All the kids went skiing for the school breaks during winter time. For us? Maybe visit some other countries for a shopping/dining experience. For us staying in SG sports are simply not that accessible, and thus not so popular.

I cannot even find enough kakis to go golfing...which is part of the reason why i joined GR.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:40 am

itarc wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Yes...thats true for most sports here as well. Accessibility. On a more extreme example, i once have a business trip to USA and plan a skiing holiday there as well. Turns out most of my western collegues started skiing since 6-7 yrs old, simply because the ski mountain was on their backyard!! All the kids went skiing for the school breaks during winter time. For us? Maybe visit some other countries for a shopping/dining experience. For us staying in SG sports are simply not that accessible, and thus not so popular.

I cannot even find enough kakis to go golfing...which is part of the reason why i joined GR.
Join NSRCC lah...can ball match....
Back to top Go down
itarc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 am

TDO wrote:
itarc wrote:
This is to TDO,

Sure, no problem bro. Smile

Hi TDO,

Wife just gave me visa to play, so this sat i'm in! Still cannot sent PM though, i will text you my number to arrange the logistics.

Regards,
Bruce
Back to top Go down
Golfbuddy7
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 pm

enwee wrote:
itarc wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Join NSRCC lah...can ball match....

Agree, very easy to use when you wan tot play without kaki. People in NSRCC are generally nice. Not so yaya
Back to top Go down
itarc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:51 pm

I cannot start a new thread so i can only add to this thread.

I saw on their website, Changi country club has a promotion for term membership, $388 for one year, renewable, and member can play weekdays $40 for 18 hole! There are some sundays which members are allowed to play as well, but did not specified which ones.

That sounds like a really good deal isnt it? At least for people who can play weekdays.

TDO maybe you wanna check it out?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:07 pm

itarc wrote:

I saw on their website, Changi country club has a promotion for term membership, $388 for one year, renewable, and member can play weekdays $40 for 18 hole! There are some sundays which members are allowed to play as well, but did not specified which ones.

That sounds like a really good deal isnt it? At least for people who can play weekdays.

Bro itac,tat sound v interestg. Very Happy
So...Changi Country Club refer to NSRCC correct?? Wink
Renewable n each game S$40 i dun mind. cheers
Back to top Go down
Golfbuddy7
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:44 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
itarc wrote:

Bro itac,tat sound v interestg. Very Happy
So...Changi Country Club refer to NSRCC correct?? Wink
Renewable n each game S$40 i dun mind. cheers

I think changi golf club and NSRCC is different. Changi golf club has 9 holes in changi point while NSRCC has 27 holes near Tanah Merah / east coast and 18 holes in Krangi.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi Bruce,
I still prefer Poresia as its my home club. Cheap and good value. Changi is too far from my home in the west. The distance and journey time is about the same. Besides I can pump petrol on the way back and save some money.
Thanks for suggestion. It would be ideal for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
itarc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Changi golf club is not NSRCC for sure, they only have 9 holes.

But its good for pple who just wanna get more experince in the course and stays near the east. Too bad i cannot really play weekdays...but its only 388!! Is anyone from changi golf club? if there are kakis then i really dun mind joining.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Neither can I on weekdays. Got to bring the bacon home.
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:25 pm

Hopefully, I get my handicapped index soon; just passed my CR yesterday. Once, i got it; i dont mind a game with you guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bunkershot
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Hey itac,

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t17167-playing-for-handicap#292613

Same situation,
Played without handicap anywhere in the world.
but stuck with getting a handicap.

I planning to play at MBGC
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:00 pm

I just check with SGA, i got my handicapped index. I can start playing often to further improve my stance and distance.
Back to top Go down
strokeguru
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi itarc, heard the prices for Warren and Keppel are low now. You may want to consider that. Otherwise, playing in Malaysia is also a good option. But that you'll need your own transport. Let me know if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:52 pm

strokeguru wrote:
Hi itarc, heard the prices for Warren and Keppel are low now. You may want to consider that. Otherwise, playing in Malaysia is also a good option. But that you'll need your own transport. Let me know if you are interested.

Bro, have you tried Starhill?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New joiner with new PC looking for games   New joiner with new PC looking for games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New joiner with new PC looking for games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next