Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

back support while driving

Go down 
+2
audi
olivewine
6 posters
AuthorMessage
olivewine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
olivewine

back support while driving Empty
PostSubject: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:33 am

hi! does anyone has recommendations on back support products? for use in car. change in workplace and i'm on the road longer now. starting to feel some soreness in lower back after long drives...

many thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:31 am

i think u can get those back supports in motorcar section in supermarket. its pretty common thing i guess
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 am

There is this new thingy selling in guardian now which claim to help on our lower back while driving or seating long hours in office.

http://www.guardian.com.sg/product/only-guardian/backjoy

I had tried in the guardian store but never buy cos quite ex...

U can go try and if you like this, can consider...

More info:

http://www.backjoy.com/backjoy/pages/index.grid
Back to top Go down
olivewine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
olivewine

PostSubject: Re: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks! Will go check out guardian then... Saw products from tempur before. But expensive...
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:36 pm

you know that "rubberband thing" a lady will wear after they give birth. the name i think they call it "back support". it work exactly when you wear a angle band, or a knee band or etc.

there is this back support band for men. the reason for wearing it is to tight up the tummy and back for support. sometime they use it for "reduce big belly" or to look good without the belly.

anyway, that give a good back support and protect. i used to wear one of these when i play dirt bike. gym also have a back support belt but it is too hard, so i think not suit for driving. i think the "band" will do a better job.

you can try.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:48 pm

I think it's more to do with your posture. Sit more upright while driving but I believe it's difficult for many. I sit more upright when driving and it's safer when used with the safety belt as there's less free play between belt and body. Beer

Last edited by TDO on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:59 pm

have the backjoy from guardian in my car ...ok when passenger, not so when driving....then again i have a bit butt and that thing is quite small. recently changed car, the car seat make a difference. The newer bucket-like seats are quite comfortable (more difficult to get out of it though Sad ). Also dont drive with a thick wallet in ur back pocket, makes u tilt to one side, very pain after long drive.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:01 pm

tronos wrote:
have the backjoy from guardian in my car ...ok when passenger, not so when driving....then again i have a bit butt and that thing is quite small. recently changed car, the car seat make a difference. The newer bucket-like seats are quite comfortable (more difficult to get out of it though Sad ). Also dont drive with a thick wallet in ur back pocket, makes u tilt to one side, very pain after long drive.

Yes, agree with tronos. I used to put my wallet at the back pocket. Not anymore. Smile
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Yes agreed... I also have lower back problem... My doc also ask me take out wallet while driving...
Back to top Go down
olivewine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
olivewine

PostSubject: Re: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Just gotten the backjoy to try... Hopefully it helps! Thanks to all for your feedback....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: back support while driving   back support while driving I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

back support while driving
Page 1 of 1