Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Support for our kids

Go down 
+2
boboking
Duval_S
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Support for our kids Empty
PostSubject: Support for our kids   Support for our kids I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:03 am

I know.....time is money

I know..... busy

but I do know....I am not suan-ing anybody...but just to encourage

Past 3 weeks been hectic coz trying to catch my kid and his school team for the south zone badminton.......what was a little demoralizing was the very lack in support fm the parents....

I donno about others la....but I die die will try to make it...even to see my kid kena thrashed....(luckily did not)

To be a sporting nation, its important that we not only look at nurturing the sportsboy or gals...but also need to encourage the cheering group eg parents , etc etc
Back to top Go down
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
boboking

PostSubject: Re: Support for our kids   Support for our kids I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 am

Sometimes being there just put more pressure on the kid. Parents these days have very high expectations. I know of some kids whom just wouldn't even let the parents know until they bring back the trophy.

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Support for our kids   Support for our kids I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:29 am

boboking wrote:
Sometimes being there just put more pressure on the kid. Parents these days have very high expectations. I know of some kids whom just wouldn't even let the parents know until they bring back the trophy.

made to recollect memories of old...

was in a monthly medal, kid abt 14-15ys old was with me, kid din do very well.... after the round father was waiting at the buggy station, first thing the father ask "son, whats your score?"

i feel bad for the kid....
Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Support for our kids   Support for our kids I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:31 am

slinger wrote:
boboking wrote:

made to recollect memories of old...

was in a monthly medal, kid abt 14-15ys old was with me, kid din do very well.... after the round father was waiting at the buggy station, first thing the father ask "son, whats your score?"

i feel bad for the kid....

If you're the father, I think you'll ask, did you win the vegas.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Support for our kids   Support for our kids I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:39 am

Duval_S wrote:
I know.....time is money

I know..... busy

but I do know....I am not suan-ing anybody...but just to encourage

Past 3 weeks been hectic coz trying to catch my kid and his school team for the south zone badminton.......what was a little demoralizing was the very lack in support fm the parents....

I donno about others la....but I die die will try to make it...even to see my kid kena thrashed....(luckily did not)

To be a sporting nation, its important that we not only look at nurturing the sportsboy or gals...but also need to encourage the cheering group eg parents , etc etc

Totally agreed!!!

To me is about being there...

Not so much they win or lose but just trying their best. It's good enough for me
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfnut

PostSubject: Re: Support for our kids   Support for our kids I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Lets see, I was not around for my son when he was in pre sch, engaging in sports events, compeitition and such. I lost almost 3 yrs of nuturing time with him. I knew, what ever excuses I gave isnt gonna help.

Pri 1, he was selected to by his school to nuture young golfer, to generate as much interests in this game. The school program seems a little short to me, so I registerted him to private coach under the same acadamy, and also manage his lessons time to fit in my schedule so as to be with him. From then on, our bond got stronger.

His 2nd hobby, swimming. I wanted to attend his test (1km swim) but was held back by work. He was disappointed but still proudly showed me his acheivements. When I saw his reactions, guilt crept up. I told myself then, whatever importance day in his life, i will try as much as possible to attend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support for our kids   Support for our kids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Support for our kids
Page 1 of 1