Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fraser's Hill Golf Club

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sammer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sammer

Fraser's Hill Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Fraser's Hill Golf Club   Fraser's Hill Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Any one played at Fraser's hill golf course before? How is it like?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Fraser's Hill Golf Club   Fraser's Hill Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Not sure abt fraser's hill, but last time i played cameron highland, it's soaky.....very bad drainage golf course, hope fraser's hill not so bad.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Fraser's Hill Golf Club   Fraser's Hill Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Last played there 2009. Here's my quick FR:

- 9 hole golf course so play it twice for the 18.
- Holes crisscross so be careful of balls flying Smile
- Not busy at all. If I recall correctly, you pay one flat fee and you can go through the holes countless times Smile
- Very relaxed feel, no stress.
- Holes are quite interesting. There's a signature downhill par 3 which is great for sharpshooters Smile
- Course condition is mediocre at best. In 2009, quite a bit of it was GUR but remember that your round is more to pass time than to prepare for Q-school, i.e. don't be too fussy.
- Easy for balls to get lost since the ground can be wet (so your balls get plugged) or if you hit wayward shots, they go into the jungle and will never be seen again. So bring lots of balls.
- Lots of wildlife. You can spot creepy crawlies etc. I saw a spider which was the size of my palm. Freaked me out and stopped me from hunting for my ball.
- Longest hole is about 400m, I think, which is the opening hole.
- You don't need to bring your full set. I think half-set is sufficient.
- You can rent a trolley but depending on the crowd, you may not get one. But I never had problems securing a trolley.
- Best exercise is to just have a carry bag and walk with it. Be warned, however, that the 7th hole is a steep uphill climb so don't be heroic and lug your cart bag.
- Air is crisp and it's quite fun. Again, it's a good way to pass your time at Fraser's Hill. It's not meant to be competitive in any sense of the word.

All in all, I enjoyed Fraser's Hill. Wasn't the first time I've played there and won't be my last. It's a simple enough course and it's fuss free. No marshals, no stress. Just take your time, hit the ball, laugh out loud. The cool weather makes a good change. But there are times when it gets foggy or damp in which case, the game can be a little crappy.

HTH Smile
Back to top Go down
frankie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
frankie

PostSubject: Re: Fraser's Hill Golf Club   Fraser's Hill Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi, my place is 1 hr drives 2 frase's hill......will try 2 get extra ( updated 1 ) info fr my kakis if u wan 2! Good memory hor , bro technospaz . as 4 cameron highlands course , 1 line been closed 4 upgrade ( new buggy track). Golf course's near by fraser's hill (around 1 hr + - drive : Kuala Kubu ,Bentong n my place here in Raub.
Back to top Go down
Sammer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sammer

PostSubject: Re: Fraser's Hill Golf Club   Fraser's Hill Golf Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks for all the info! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sandypar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Fraser's Hill Golf Club   Fraser's Hill Golf Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Played there about 2 years back.
Highland courses are way too tempting to forgo. But i suggest you skip this one. It was
very soggy when i was there. Be prepared for muddy shoes and clubs. Its a very basic 9 hole
course on a very small piece of real estate.
But if you have your clubs with you, you will probably
explore it just as I did.
The green fees are a plus. You pay once to play the whole day.
You can read more at www.gilagolf.net.
Malaysian with a good sense of humour with quite good reviews of Malaysian courses he has played.
I think he shares my sentiments on Frasers Hills.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser's Hill Golf Club   Fraser's Hill Golf Club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fraser's Hill Golf Club
Page 1 of 1