Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Margin of error

Go down 
+2
Tituman
Gray
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Margin of error Empty
PostSubject: Margin of error   Margin of error I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi, Wanna ask the pros here.

We know that lie difference will affect the accuracy of the shot. A short golfer with a club too upright will tend to hit left and a tall golfer with a lie too flat will hit right.

For a 2 degree difference, what is the variance we can expect say for a 7 iron hitting 130m out?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Margin of error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margin of error   Margin of error I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Wah Lau Eh.... for me I don't care about all this . See ball hit ball. Also Hit hard and look up. Maybe thats why I am a seasoned beginner... lol!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Margin of error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margin of error   Margin of error I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:33 pm

well, can estimate using geometry formulas for circle or triangle (radius 130m or 2 sides at 130m) but the answer should be approximately 4-5 meters.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Margin of error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margin of error   Margin of error I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:16 pm

I agree with Derek. If the difference in loft between your 7i and 8i is 4* and the difference in distance is 10m, then 2* should be 5m.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

Margin of error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margin of error   Margin of error I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:58 pm

bro,

i have done my goggle on this before.

best answer: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzerwppg/id3.html

Lie angle has a Major factor of Accuracy in the short irons, a Medium factor of Accuracy in the middle irons, and a Minor factor of Accuracy in the long irons and woods.¹ Simply put, the greater the loft, the more the face will point to the right or left of the target.

There are three terms used when it comes to lie angle; upright, standard, and flat. When looking at a soled golf club, with an upright lie angle, the toe will be up in the air and the heel will be touching the ground. Standard is the correct lie angle for the player using his club. In a flat lie angle, the opposite is true where the toe of the club will be pointed down, touching the ground and the heel of the club will be slightly elevated.

Let’s take an example of an improper lie angle of a 48º 9 iron that is 4º too upright for the player. The toe is off the ground 4º and will cause the ball to leave the clubface in a 3º pull because the face plane is tilted by 3º in that direction (note red arrow pointed left of target in too upright image in above photo). In a 115 yard shot, the pull and the slight hooking effect from sidespin would result in the ball missing 22 feet left of the intended target.²
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Margin of error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margin of error   Margin of error I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm

thanks bro, my margin of error is 10m for 7 iron. Looks like it is still 50% club, 50% skill.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Margin of error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margin of error   Margin of error I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Gray

I'd advise you to see a certified clubfitter to get your clubs sorted. For the case of many, poor lie angle is a major cause of faulty swing technique. I'm sure it would help tremendously. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Margin of error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margin of error   Margin of error I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Thanks for the advise. Is it really crucial for right lie or is the difference more significant for a pro rather than a weekender?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Margin of error Empty
PostSubject: Re: Margin of error   Margin of error I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Margin of error
Page 1 of 1