Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts

Go down 
+12
crayon33
Shanks!
danielleecm
scarynight
TigaWood
Begbie
sob
Turbo
garylin
pushslice
renode
volkswagenboy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
volkswagenboy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
volkswagenboy

KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts Empty
PostSubject: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:21 pm

hi, been rather interested to know what are the key differences between both shafts? Knew that both shafts have their own advantage and disadvantage (like KBS more expensive in relative to TT), just wish to know what really distingish them from each other.
Please advise. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:28 pm

IMHO, I think the key difference between the 2 shafts is that the KBS Tour sticker is more chio than the True Temper one Smile
Back to top Go down
volkswagenboy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
volkswagenboy

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:30 pm

cool! can see that you are a KBS fans! but why TT put in their website..#1 shaft in the world?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:44 pm

VWboy, because TT leads in market share..they've been around forever. the DG shaft is cheaper than KBS, so OEM pair their iron heads with a TT DG as stock offering. I think TT DG Tour Issue is also the most used shafts on PGA tour (i dunno why).

as for what distinguish them; apart from what Renode said which I fully agree. Think it's easier to put NSPro in the discussion. I've used all three shafts.

TT DG (not Lite): Heavier, ball launch lower esp. on short irons, felt less soft on good hits

NSPro 950: Lighter, ball launch much higher, felt softer on good hits

Now, I'd put KBS right in the middle between TTDG and NSPRO.

This is my feedback, based on my swing (i generate a lot of spin/high launch) and preference for soft feel.
Back to top Go down
volkswagenboy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
volkswagenboy

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:51 pm

hi pushslice, thanks for the informations. How will you relate any of the 3 to Project X? Tried my friend Px5.0 and i felt really cool...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:03 pm

On my swing, PX's resulting ball flight is similar to TT, lower than KBS.

Feeling wise, I like the Satin PX version. It feels like KBS, maybe even nicer/softer.

Not a fan of Chrome PX's feel but I cant explain why

Do note, results may vary on different swings but in general the ball flight characteristics shud be pretty consistent Very Happy
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:24 pm

how about KBS tour90 ? anyone with info on that?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 pm

garylin wrote:
how about KBS tour90 ? anyone with info on that?

It should be something like NSPRO 950 ... Satin feel, high launch angle, high ball trajectory and ultra lite ...
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:11 pm

The KBS Tour 90 is heavier than the NSPro but the lightest of the KBS models.
Oh also the highest traj.

My take on the KBS and Project X, the Project X has a kick whereas the KBS is smooth through out.
Depends how you like it .

DGs are pretty nice but heavy, so unless you are stacked it would be hard tiring end of 18 rounds.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:11 pm

renode wrote:
IMHO, I think the key difference between the 2 shafts is that the KBS Tour sticker is more chio than the True Temper one Smile

V rational choice indeed...I feel the same too... Sticker more chio.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:30 pm

sob wrote:

The KBS Tour 90 is heavier than the NSPro but the lightest of the KBS models.
Oh also the highest traj.

My take on the KBS and Project X, the Project X has a kick whereas the KBS is smooth through out.
Depends how you like it .

DGs are pretty nice but heavy, so unless you are stacked it would be hard tiring end of 18 rounds.

The weight difference between KBS Tour 90 and NSPRO 950 GH is very slight especially for R-Flex and prolly u won't be able to feel it. However, NSPRO 950 is stiffer with lower torque.

KBS Tour 90 - 95g (R-Flex) ; 102g (S-Flex)
NS PRO 950 GH - 94.5g (R-Flex); 98g (S-Flex)

KBS Tour 90 - 2.5 deg (R-Flex); 2.3 deg (S-Flex)
NS PRO 950 GH - 2 Deg (R-Flex); 1.9 Deg (S-Flex)

Hence, KBS Tour 90 would generate a high ball trajectory whilst NS PRO 950 GH would generate a Mid-High Ball trajectory theoretically ... The spec of NS PRO indicates that it has a mid kickpoint.

Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:18 pm

[quote="Turbo"]
sob wrote:

KBS Tour 90 - 2.5 deg (R-Flex); 2.3 deg (S-Flex)
NS PRO 950 GH - 2 Deg (R-Flex); 1.9 Deg (S-Flex)

Hence, KBS Tour 90 would generate a high ball trajectory whilst NS PRO 950 GH would generate a Mid-High Ball trajectory theoretically ... The spec of NS PRO indicates that it has a mid kickpoint.

How does these specs relate to performance?
I'm not technically incline
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
scarynight
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:36 am

pushslice wrote:

Feeling wise, I like the Satin PX version. It feels like KBS, maybe even nicer/softer.

Do note, results may vary on different swings but in general the ball flight characteristics shud be pretty consistent Very Happy

Hi pushslice have u tried kbs c taper? How is the ball flight compared to the project x? I feel the project x has a pretty harsh feel. How does the c taper compare to that as well?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:11 am

scarynight wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Hi pushslice have u tried kbs c taper? How is the ball flight compared to the project x? I feel the project x has a pretty harsh feel. How does the c taper compare to that as well?

Thanks.

I can relate to what you said as harsh.

I have not owned C Taper but only tried the R flex on BFG demo heads on the range, maybe ard 30-40 swings so it's not conclusive. Visually, they launch the ball way lower than my current PX 5.0 Satin (High Launch) with the same head. The last time I had a set with PX Chrome (Flighted) was in early 2011 so I cant give definitive comparison.

Looks department: PX Satin is most chio, followed by C Taper and third is KBS Tour. The blue and dark grey just mix well together. I'm a sucker for looks and feel.

Those who can go all the way to MBGC during Starry Starry nite may try shafts discussed here. e.g. I can bring sets with TT DG, KBS Tour, NSPro and PX Satin. Derek has Shimada. Wilkang (if he comes) plays Aerotech. I dun remember anyone playing PX now except for Techno.

Another place to test is BFG Keppel. Golfamigo has the BFG CB003 demo heads with all sorts of shaft. Try the head, very soft.

and if you join Team Titleist, you can find their demo days as well. I had a superb fitting by Titleist late last year. PX 5.0 (non flighted) turns out to be best for my swing, but I just cant bear the feel (unless can get a satin version)

Bros, as always, performance is 90% the indian Very Happy
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm

think tour concept from true temper also not bad compared to KBS Tour or tour 90. Correct me if i am wrong here.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 pm

danielleecm wrote:
think tour concept from true temper also not bad compared to KBS Tour or tour 90. Correct me if i am wrong here.

Bro, you're well informed ... I guess True Temper Tour Concept is still not avialable locally. I maybe wrong though ...
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:26 pm

scarynight wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Thanks.

I was fitted based on swing speed to px 6.0. I liked them and hit them well (on my good days, of course), but they give me pain on my right elbow over time. I switched over to ctaper S+ and it worked equally well (if not better) but without the pain. I have to adapt my swing tempo though as it is more difficult to hit the ctaper well. But once I managed that , I like the feeling much more than px.

The ctapers for me, has a slightly lower trajectory (my px are not flighted). I also do not gain distance like what is mentioned in their marketing materials. But I like the feel. I could have also stayed with project x if not for the pain it gives me.

Hope the info helps.

Shanks!
Back to top Go down
volkswagenboy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
volkswagenboy

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:58 pm

hi all, was wondering is KBS Tour regular little than KBS C-taper regular? What are both key differences and handling. I knew C-taper more pricy compared to Tour.
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:25 pm

I find that alot of people (myself included) who used the project x complains about elbow pain...and that is reason why i switched back to dg s200 but after kbs came out i find it is the best of both worlds. Kbs to me has feel and has the traj that i like
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Got my PXI's shafted today...

One Word Review: Sweet!!!
Flies higher and further than the previous PX's
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:39 pm

well, all i can say is that i've always had issues finding the right shaft for me. kbs tour did not work, PX 6.5 did not work basically no shaft worked for me at all until i found the DG tour issues... after using them, i realize why most pros stick with these shafts, they are really really good...

another problem that i find with KBS shafts is that after a short period of use, say 3 to 4 months, i find that the shafts do not hold up well and tend to bend a little bit...
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:59 pm

no wonder i aim right hit left..its the kbs!...the TT tour tx not bad for slow swing speed and very affordable
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Quote :
kian wrote:
no wonder i aim right hit left..its the kbs!...the TT tour tx not bad for slow swing speed and very affordable

bro....TT tour tx is steel or graphite....? I have tortoise swing speed
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Aren't the DG tour issues just normal DG with tighter tolerances?
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:49 pm

@dear ex-partnr: its a steel shaft but rather lightweight...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts   KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KBS Tour vs True Temper shafts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next