Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golfing in Vegas

Go down 
+4
simoner
nientsu
meia07656
shimizu.toruk
8 posters
AuthorMessage
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Might be heading to Vegas for a Biz trip soon. Anyone's played in any courses there?

Might have a colleague coming along, but he's a PC holder and play around 115 for MBGC. Should we even be considering clubs like Wynn or LVCC to play?

I wonder if they will even entertain us to begin with...:-)
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:37 pm

There are a lot of golf courses in Vegas. Wynn is expensive and I think you need to be a guest of the hotel. LVCC is nothing special but it is close. Get yourself a car, so you can get beyond the strip. There are some high end courses (Rio Secco, Wynn), but most are very reasonably priced (compared to Singapore, "Cheap"). They are mostly built for recreational golfers and feature wide fairways, no trees (desert), very little of other kinds of hazards. All of the courses that I have played are very well maintained. It is very hot so book very early tee times. If you book after 12 noon, you are going to fry. Watch out for rattlesnakes and scorpions as they like to hide from the heat under rocks and other shaded areas. Bring a golf club with you and rattle it to see if anything get pissed off.

Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:41 pm

meia07656 wrote:
They are mostly built for recreational golfers and feature wide fairways, no trees (desert), very little of other kinds of hazards. ..................................Watch out for rattlesnakes and scorpions as they like to hide from the heat under rocks and other shaded areas. Bring a golf club with you and rattle it to see if anything get pissed off.

Just a different type of hazard that you have to be wary of....
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:41 pm

if you want something affordable and beginner friendly, try Desert Rose GC - but it takes about 15-20 minutes by cab from The Strip.

Last year I played twice at the Las Vegas National Golf Club - quite reasonably priced - between USD56 - USD80 per round of golf including buggy - about 5 miles from the Strip. This is the venue where Tiger won his 1st PGA title.

If you want something cheap to while your time away, there's the Callaway Golf Centre with a 9 holes Par 3 course - think it's about USD20+ for green fees, buggy and driving range balls.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:44 pm

There was a good write-up on golfing in Vegas in Golf Digest a month or two+ ago. Listed all the courses and cost too.

Did some checks. Here you go:

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf/las-vegas (Some good links from there are below)

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/golf-travel/2011-12/25-top-courses-in-las-vegas

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/golf-travel/buddies/2011-12/las-vegas-travel

Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Thanks for all the input guys!

Bro meia - Wynn does accept bookings from non-resort guests. Resort guests can book up to 90 days in advance while non-resort guests can book up to 30 days in advance.

But I think the rates are in excess of US$500 affraid ...might give that course a miss :-)

Bro Simoner - LVNGC looks good. Will check it out when I'm there.
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:24 pm

nientsu wrote:
meia07656 wrote:
They are mostly built for recreational golfers and feature wide fairways, no trees (desert), very little of other kinds of hazards. ..................................Watch out for rattlesnakes and scorpions as they like to hide from the heat under rocks and other shaded areas. Bring a golf club with you and rattle it to see if anything get pissed off.

Just a different type of hazard that you have to be wary of....

Don't forget the biggest hazard, the tables!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Paiute has 3 courses. Play the Wolf course. bit of a drive out but it's well worth it.

Played TPC LV at Summerlin n tho they have a PGA tourstop there, I din think it was that special.

Rio Secco for some eye candy. Check out their website.

Also, LV is abt 3000ft abv sea level so u can club down 1 as it makes u feel like a longer hitter than u r.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:05 pm

I read about Rio Secco and their T-Mates...Well I guess that's Vegas for you! Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Here's the kinda view n weather condition u r likely to expect

Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:18 pm

View's great! Weather too! Can do less with the wind though. With my kind of driver shot, I probably can land the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the lake with the wind conditions... Razz
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:22 pm

I meant for Hole 18... :-)
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:28 pm

shimizu... when will u be in vegas?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:42 pm

putting down on my notes: must butt waggle to hit it like rex Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:44 pm

pushslice wrote:
putting down on my notes: must butt waggle to hit it like rex Very Happy

I have tried it. it didn't work.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Bro MC, prob mid Apr. Are you heading there as well?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:48 pm

oh. mid april...

i might be there earlier but at LAX/LGB mostly... Maybe North Carolina too... depending on my meetings...

anyway, lets just keep in touch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Definitely Bro MC, would be nice to play with a fellow GRian in Sin City.

LAX -> NC? Wow literally coast to coast. I did once from Singapore to Atlanta and I told myself never to travel there in winter again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golfing in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Vegas   Golfing in Vegas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golfing in Vegas
Page 1 of 1